Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What would you use to lubricate drawer slides

RBnDFW wrote:

And where does one source "bowling-alley was" ?

The back room of a Bowling Alley.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 21:25:58 -0500, Ignoramus32343 wrote:

I Would like to lubricate drawer slides (friction, not ball bearing),
and wanted to know what you would suggest for this purpose. It seems
that grease is the way to go, but what kind?

The simplest is WD-40, but it wears off - I'd go with white lithium
grease.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-10-02, Brian Lawson wrote:
On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 08:10:59 -0500, Ignoramus6607
wrote:

SNIP

Don, yes, I will get some teflon spray, seems to be the cleanest
option.

WHHATTTT????? You didn't get a couple of WD-40 freebies at IMTS??

I got some TapMagic freebies and a free book "What men know about
women", also from TapMagic. Also some Loc-Line stuff.

It must be a very small book. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

SNIP

Don, yes, I will get some teflon spray, seems to be the cleanest
option.

WHHATTTT????? You didn't get a couple of WD-40 freebies at IMTS??

Brian

I got some TapMagic freebies and a free book "What men know about
women", also from TapMagic. Also some Loc-Line stuff.

We got the TapMAgic, but I don't recall the booklet. Is it serious,
or some humour?

Make one guess.

I wonder how one page can be called a "book." ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

SNIP

Don, yes, I will get some teflon spray, seems to be the cleanest
option.

WHHATTTT????? You didn't get a couple of WD-40 freebies at IMTS??

I got some TapMagic freebies and a free book "What men know about
women", also from TapMagic. Also some Loc-Line stuff.

It must be a very small book. ;-)

Yes, the book is very small and empty.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Baseball supply store? Football supply store? No, wait! Pole vaulting
supply store. That's it!

Or, you could froogle search it on the net.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RBnDFW" wrote in message

Bowling alley wax works suprisingly well as a lubricant. A while
back I
got a band saw, and found that the tension knob was almost unmovable
when the tension was high enough to make a 1/2" blade happy. Looked
for
something to lube it with that wouldn't hold sawdust, and tried the
bowling-alley wax. So far that one coat has had it happy for over a
year.

And where does one source "bowling-alley was" ?

--
I can see November from my front porch

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , cayoung61
says...

.

"RBnDFW" wrote in message

Bowling alley wax works suprisingly well as a lubricant. A while
back I
got a band saw, and found that the tension knob was almost unmovable
when the tension was high enough to make a 1/2" blade happy. Looked
for
something to lube it with that wouldn't hold sawdust, and tried the
bowling-alley wax. So far that one coat has had it happy for over a
year.

And where does one source "bowling-alley was" ?

Used to be that any hardware store had it--the brand is "Butchers
Bowling Alley Wax". Googling that will find many vendors.

Drawer slides Anon Ymous Woodworking 9 February 21st 07 01:38 AM
drawer slides Tom Friar Woodworking 7 April 9th 06 11:07 AM
Drawer slides skulde13 Home Repair 3 January 12th 06 04:30 PM
Drawer slides [email protected] Woodworking 24 January 9th 06 06:10 PM
Drawer Slides bole2cant Woodworking 11 February 28th 04 09:01 PM