Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Someone jump on this...

I've already got a milling machine, but the price on this one is hard
to resist:

http://providence.craigslist.org/zip/1927670516.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Glenn Lyford wrote:
I've already got a milling machine, but the price on this one is hard
to resist:

http://providence.craigslist.org/zip/1927670516.html

Posting has been removed .

--
Snag
Wannabe Machinist

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Glenn Lyford wrote:

I've already got a milling machine, but the price on this one is hard
to resist:

http://providence.craigslist.org/zip/1927670516.html

What was it?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/31/2010 4:04 PM, Wes wrote:
Glenn wrote:

I've already got a milling machine, but the price on this one is hard
to resist:

http://providence.craigslist.org/zip/1927670516.html

What was it?

"FREE MILLING MACHINE (Fall River, MA)

(Model) 1917 Van Norman Milling Machine. 3 phase motor.
It works but just barely. Free to a good home for repair
or scrap. It's on the 3rd floor on a pallet and I have a
freight elevator and pallet jack, you MUST have a truck
with a loading dock height bed (my loading dock is 43
inches high) It weighs close to 600 pounds! "

600 lbs! Such a monster!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Winston" wrote in message
On 8/31/2010 4:04 PM, Wes wrote:
Glenn wrote:

I've already got a milling machine, but the price on this one is hard
to resist:

http://providence.craigslist.org/zip/1927670516.html

What was it?

"FREE MILLING MACHINE (Fall River, MA)

(Model) 1917 Van Norman Milling Machine. 3 phase motor.
It works but just barely. Free to a good home for repair
or scrap. It's on the 3rd floor on a pallet and I have a
freight elevator and pallet jack, you MUST have a truck
with a loading dock height bed (my loading dock is 43
inches high) It weighs close to 600 pounds! "

600 lbs! Such a monster!

--Winston

That has to be almost like my 1917 Taylor & Fenn. It weighs about 200 lb.
more.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:58:31 -0700, Winston
wrote:

On 8/31/2010 4:04 PM, Wes wrote:
Glenn wrote:

I've already got a milling machine, but the price on this one is hard
to resist:

http://providence.craigslist.org/zip/1927670516.html

What was it?

"FREE MILLING MACHINE (Fall River, MA)

(Model) 1917 Van Norman Milling Machine. 3 phase motor.
It works but just barely. Free to a good home for repair
or scrap. It's on the 3rd floor on a pallet and I have a
freight elevator and pallet jack, you MUST have a truck
with a loading dock height bed (my loading dock is 43
inches high) It weighs close to 600 pounds! "

600 lbs! Such a monster!

--Winston

LOL, all I saw was Providence. I use to drive by that city from a
distance to Warwick RI. Looked scary. Free is about right, lots of
people don't even own a car that away.

SW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/31/2010 5:49 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

(...)

That has to be almost like my 1917 Taylor& Fenn. It weighs about 200 lb.
more.

I guess no one is going to accuse you of jumping
on *every* new fad.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Winston" wrote in message
On 8/31/2010 5:49 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

(...)

That has to be almost like my 1917 Taylor& Fenn. It weighs about 200 lb.
more.

I guess no one is going to accuse you of jumping
on *every* new fad.

--Winston

Whaddaya mean -- it has an electric motor conversion! g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/2/2010 10:01 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
wrote in message
On 8/31/2010 5:49 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

(...)

That has to be almost like my 1917 Taylor& Fenn. It weighs about 200 lb.
more.

I guess no one is going to accuse you of jumping
on *every* new fad.

--Winston

Whaddaya mean -- it has an electric motor conversion!g

I take it back. You are one hip dude.

--Winston --23 skidoo!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On 8/31/2010 5:49 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

(...)

That has to be almost like my 1917 Taylor& Fenn. It weighs about 200
lb.
more.

I guess no one is going to accuse you of jumping
on *every* new fad.

--Winston

Whaddaya mean -- it has an electric motor conversion!g

I take it back. You are one hip dude.

--Winston --23 skidoo!

Antique wallahs!

Steve R.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/3/2010 3:29 PM, Steve R. wrote:

(...)

Antique wallahs!

I represent that remark.

--Winston -- Sort of like an 'Antique Czar', with a loose necktie.

OT- Jump Start Box recommendations RogerN Metalworking 21 January 14th 10 01:33 AM
TV's EHT wants to jump frank Electronics Repair 2 November 6th 09 08:50 PM
Heating oil price jump MM UK diy 36 December 20th 05 11:42 AM
how to jump start? Doug Mitchell Home Repair 19 July 7th 04 05:39 PM