Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cheap neoprene drawer liner material, Blue Collar Supply in Sacramento

Not going to work for many of you, but while at Blue Collar Supply
yesterday, I saw a stack of 1/8" neoprene in 48x72" sheets. Top sheet
looks pretty skunky, but the ones underneath were decent, though edges
are rough. $5.95/sheet. I bought four, each will do two drawers of my
Vidmar cabinets.

Len was so very kind in obtaining a couple sheets of Ethafoam for me to
play with, and this stuff works great for micrometers and thicker tools.
Going to glue the neoprene into the drawer as a base layer for the tools
themselves to rest on, but leave the foam free. It'll be cut right to
size and won't shift, and I'll be able to remove them if needed to cut
more pockets.

Probably go with the 3/8 bedroll foam from Kmart for calipers though.

Pics when I'm done...

Jon

btw, for anyone here that shops Blue Collar, don't know the guy's name,
but he's got buzz cut hair and always looks like he's in a bad mood.
He always gives me crap when I try to use my resale number for
materials. Have been on file for years. I'm only in there a couple times
a year, partly because I don't like his attitude. Just wondered if
anyone else gets the same treatment. If I treated my customers that way,
I wouldn't have any customers...