Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default FS/Clausing Verticle-Chicago area

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/1923149555.html

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/1923149555.html

It's an 8520 & it's $800. Seems like a good deal to me - Reliable Tools
just had a 8520 sell for $1700 on eBay. 'Course it looked a lot better
than the CL one.

How bad good the CL one be (serious question)?

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-08-28, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/1923149555.html

It's an 8520 & it's $800. Seems like a good deal to me - Reliable Tools
just had a 8520 sell for $1700 on eBay. 'Course it looked a lot better
than the CL one.

How bad good the CL one be (serious question)?

I bought a better one for $500 5 years ago.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 14:09:51 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/1923149555.html

It's an 8520 & it's $800. Seems like a good deal to me - Reliable Tools
just had a 8520 sell for $1700 on eBay. 'Course it looked a lot better
than the CL one.

How bad good the CL one be (serious question)?

Bob

Spindle bearings and axis nuts. Shrug..on that mill..none of that is a
deal breaker.

Would be a fine little mill for someone living in an apartment or using
a spare bedroom.

Ive used a number of them in clients shops and they are surprisingly
accurate and powerful for the size.

And they still sell for over $1400 here in California..more than
Bridgeports.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 13:31:30 -0500, Ignoramus5734

On 2010-08-28, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/1923149555.html

It's an 8520 & it's $800. Seems like a good deal to me - Reliable Tools
just had a 8520 sell for $1700 on eBay. 'Course it looked a lot better
than the CL one.

How bad good the CL one be (serious question)?

I bought a better one for $500 5 years ago.

I was GIVEN one 4 yrs ago, and passed it along to a nice older gent who
wanted a mill to make custom fishing reels. Passed it along for free.

Do I get brownie points now?

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus5734 wrote:

I bought a better one for $500 5 years ago.

What did you sell it for? Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-08-28, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Ignoramus5734 wrote:

I bought a better one for $500 5 years ago.

What did you sell it for? Bob

$1800
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 20:25:00 -0700 (PDT), cncmillgil
wrote:

On Aug 28, 11:06*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/1923149555.html

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
* * * * *(Hebrew quote)

What does it weigh? = what its worth

nay Bridgeports rule - Specifically older models before buyout after
buyout & casting changes.
I know of a nice, very little use, round ram F/S- cute little bugger
- would fit nice in anyone's garage. 5 bills You'd have a piece of
true Americana. Toolmakers/Die&Moldmakers machine. You know, they guys
that use to made just about the "1st off" of everything before going
PROduction & needing clumsy work horse machines like Clausing's or
Cincinnati's.

just my 2 cents = discounted because of today's economy = 1 penny for
my thoughts.

You got a M head Bridgeport for sale for $500? Or one of the original
round ram full sized Bridgeports from the late 30s?

Im sure someone here will jump on it.

Where is it?

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Not just head, the whole enchelada! man. Freekin preeecisoin drilling
& EM's upto 1/2"
Round Ram
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I'll check to see if the guy still has it Monday.
Yer gonna haul it to the left coast from Blogoville? hmmmm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

This one?

http://www.lathes.co.uk/bridgeport/page15.html

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Not me..but Im sure there are plenty of hobby
guys in the area around it who would be damned sure interested in it.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Now ya did it, ya got me going. The thing is so cute & small to fit in
the corner of the garage
w/o 3phase power(minor problem), uses the small M/T type collets. We
always had an M head on the back tang of a normal J head machine for
the "small" work & sensitive quill action+ ya got a few more RPM out
of it than the old belt drive heads.

most likely gone, its been a few months since I've physically seen it
or talked to the guy.

--

~g~
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Check it out Monday and see if its still available.