Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Latest death threats from gummer

On Sun, 30 May 2010 08:45:10 -0700, wrote:

On Sun, 30 May 2010 10:41:15 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Sun, 30 May 2010 07:42:29 -0700,
wrote:

Wayne, just accept that the coffee shop has been trashed and there's
no more coffee. Happy?

Sure I am. I decided a long time ago, if I can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Now some of them are pretending they prefer tea. Not much of a
surprise given that they always did prefer their coffee weak and
adulterated.

Wayne

You obviously know little about tea. Try some Assam Finest long cut
black tea from Twining's. 15 UK pounds per kilo and worth it. That
stuff would grow eyebrows on a 55 Chevy and it is sooooo good.

whoosh

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dict.asp?Word=metaphor

Wayne

Educated via internet, perhaps? GED maybe?

My literary reference to eyebrows on a Chevy is not metaphor, it is
hyperbole:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hyperbole

If you lament the demise of the coffeehouse, I really do suggest
trying that tea. I do enjoy very good coffee but I also enjoy this
tea. I'd be happy to send you enough to sample a cup or two. It's
the real stuff, bought in person at Twining's in London which is the
narrowest storefront in London. They supply this particular tea to
Fortnum & Mason, purveyors to the crown since about forever.

You may use such blind delivery drop as you might devise to preserve
your anonymity. Any CONUS USPS addy will suffice.

I mean it! Have tea, will share as I have with others.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

sigh I always forget that you're one of those people who need (or at
least pretend to need) every last little thing spelled out for them.
The metaphor I was talking about was coffee and tea standing in for
discussion. Many of the participants here, including and especially
you, believe that a lot of what they write demonstrates wisdom.
Instead it's often shallow crap adulterated with hypocrisy and worse.
When that's pointed out, all of a sudden they want to talk about
something else, or hide behind a killfile. Or in the case of my
metaphor - pretend that they've sworn off their weak poisoned coffee
in favor of tea.

Now, I suppose you're going to say that such metaphors are waaaay too
difficult for an "intellectual" to comprehend without the kind of
explanation above. Which is true I guess considering the trouble
you're having remembering who you claimed to have killfiled, and/or
the difference snorf between killfile and plonking.

If you lament the demise of the coffeehouse, I really do suggest
trying that tea. I do enjoy very good coffee but I also enjoy this
tea. I'd be happy to send you enough to sample a cup or two. It's
the real stuff, bought in person at Twining's in London which is the
narrowest storefront in London. They supply this particular tea to
Fortnum & Mason, purveyors to the crown since about forever.

If only fancy tea drinking was a viable substitute for sincerity, eh?

You may use such blind delivery drop as you might devise to preserve
your anonymity. Any CONUS USPS addy will suffice.

That reminds me. Notice that my ISP and email address are clearly
shown in the headers of my posts since, forever. Ever noticed that
some posters have mentioned communicating with me offline? And yet
when gummer told that bald-faced lie the other day about me using a
"remailer", and later insisted that he "never lies", weasel Don not
only remained as silent as ever, he now joins in the smear once again.
Family values! LOL

I mean it! Have tea, will share as I have with others.

Free tea along with another dose of flame from the guy who claims he
doesn't like bicker-banter? Let's imagine that I wanted some free tea
and took you up on that mealy-mouthed offer - My mailing address is a
PO box, and for UPS etc. I need to have the parcels shipped to a
friend in town. Stuff like that's a fact of life for some of us who
live rural. So if I accepted something from you and gave you my
mailing address, you'd advertise it as proof of your BS above about an
"anonymous" address. And if I gave you my friend's street address
instead, you'd be sending it to gummer for updating of his "great
cull" list. Now, remember gummer's phony story about how his grinder
is being held hostage guffaw by JRC? Where could I ever have gotten
the idea that you'd love to be telling the same kind of whopper?
Another of life's great mysteries, eh?

Wayne

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Wow!

Well, if you should change your mind about my offer of a bit of good
tea to try ...

It isn't "fancy tea", though it is more expensive than most. One day
many years ago I told the lady behind the counter in the tea
department at Fortnum & Mason that I sought the bracing brew found in
the mug of the stalwart sea captain as he stoicly faced the howling
north sea gale with ice in his whiskers and spray in his eyes.

She said, " yes, sir, here you are." It was the tea I mention here.
It brews up black as coffee and the flavor is incredible.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Are you talking about Twinings English Breakfast Tea or something
different? That's all I can find according to your description. I'm a
tea drinker myself and like to try other flavors every now and then. It
may sound pedestrian but my daily tea is Bigelow's "Constant Comment".
I've tried lots of different teas and I like it the best, but I'm always
looking for something better.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 31 May 2010 12:35:50 -0700, Hawke
wrote:

[...]

Twining's Irish breakfast tea is what the clerk handed me. It is
black assam, but not long-cut. It brews up strong but it's a bit more
acidic than the Finest Assam long cut. When I return to wideband
land later this week I'll try to find it on Twining's U.S. website.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 02:40:42 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Hum... Less than one minute of searching online shows his ISP (AKA
frontiernet) is a local company in Rochester, New York Metro area.

http://www.frontierhelp.com/contactus.cfm

What a great detective! snorf

1. Gummer has already said that he knows where I live. Of course he
also says that he doesn't, and that he hasn't told a lie since he was
5 years old. A claim that even Mother Teresa wouldn't have made,
making him the most honest person in the world... according to the
undisputed biggest liar on Usenet! Who has among his achievements a
hundreds-of-posts back-and-forth wherein which he challenged an
opponent to name the place where he'd inflict his usual detailed
beating/death or whatever. So the guy named the place and whatdaya'
know, gummer asked him to provide transportation and "business loss"
compensation before he'd come. Classic gummer, the most shameless BS
artist anyone has ever heard of.

2. Frontier is a national telco that specializes in rural service. My
email address is clearly citlink.net, which is one of the southwest
ISPs purchased by Frontier about ten years IIRC. If you think that the
photos I've posted of my place were taken in NYC, then you're beyond
help.

3. I have written many times that I live near Kingman, AZ, hundreds of
Usenet posters have communicated with me directly by email and phone,
and several have visited.

4. Toothless windbag gummer has been threatening me and hundreds of
others for years. He even promised to send his lawyers chuckle after
me if I didn't leave him alone. Which I haven't, and won't. Still
waiting for those lawyers though, I expect their trip to take as long
as his efforts to "quit" smoking. But as weasel Foreman has assured us
correctly, gummer's threats are worthless, yet he hasn't the spine to
call them lies. Same with the cull. While normal people consider it
psychotic to brag of trading death lists, foreman claims it's merely
normal behavior. Yet gummer continues to insist that he means it. Gun
worshippers make strange bedfellows sometimes. They should get
together and open a school to teach insincerity to used car salesmen,
and provide jobs for nitwits like you.

Wayne

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 01:16:40 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

if Gunner lies as much as you say he does ...

"If" gummer lies? Bwahahaha! So I guess that for deep-thinker snorf
don, the jury is still out on whether or not gummer's "free and clear
home", "acreage" and "2' centipede" to name just 3 are lies, or merely
what, typos? Slips of the tongue? C'mon, he said he hasn't lied since
he was 5. Are you having trouble deciding if *that's* true or not?
What a weasel!

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

if Gunner lies as much as you say he does ...

"If" gummer lies? Bwahahaha! So I guess that for deep-thinker snorf
don, the jury is still out on whether or not gummer's "free and clear
home", "acreage" and "2' centipede" to name just 3 are lies, or merely
what, typos? Slips of the tongue? C'mon, he said he hasn't lied since
he was 5. Are you having trouble deciding if *that's* true or not?
What a weasel!

Wayne

How's your other brother Wayne doing?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

It was this tea:
http://www.twiningsusashop.com/irish-breakfast.html

Later I found that I like straight long-cut Finest Assam even better,
but I think one needs to visit the store in London to get that. There
are probably sources in the US that I don't know about.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Are you talking about Twinings English Breakfast Tea or something
different? That's all I can find according to your description. I'm a
tea drinker myself and like to try other flavors every now and then. It
may sound pedestrian but my daily tea is Bigelow's "Constant Comment".
I've tried lots of different teas and I like it the best, but I'm always
looking for something better.

Hawke

It was this tea:
http://www.twiningsusashop.com/irish-breakfast.html

Later I found that I like straight long-cut Finest Assam even better,
but I think one needs to visit the store in London to get that. There
are probably sources in the US that I don't know about.

I'll see if I can find some locally, probably won't, and will have to
order online. But I'll give it a try and tell you my impression. I like
that Darjeeling quite a bit too.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I think I tried the English Breakfast tea and found it extremely
bitter. Is the Irish better or bitter? Yes, I use cream and
sweetener.

What's the difference between the pekoes and Assam?

--
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor
the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Don't know, haven't tried the English. Finest long-cut Assam is not
at all bitter. I don't use cream.

Some cheaper teas have a lot of dust in them which makes them acidic.
A rinse with cold water will get rid of that. Only works with loose
tea, obviously not with teabags.

What's the difference between the pekoes and Assam?

I think the Assam is maltier, darker and more robust.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Later I found that I like straight long-cut Finest Assam even better,
but I think one needs to visit the store in London to get that. There
are probably sources in the US that I don't know about.

I think I tried the English Breakfast tea and found it extremely
bitter. Is the Irish better or bitter? Yes, I use cream and
sweetener.

Don't know, haven't tried the English. Finest long-cut Assam is not
at all bitter. I don't use cream.

Some cheaper teas have a lot of dust in them which makes them acidic.
A rinse with cold water will get rid of that. Only works with loose
tea, obviously not with teabags.

What's the difference between the pekoes and Assam?

I think the Assam is maltier, darker and more robust.

I just bought some of the Irish Breakfast tea but it wasn't Twinings.
The brand I bought was Stash and I have to tell you I like it a lot.
I've been drinking it for the last few mornings and it's very good. Very
dark, with a strong tea flavor. I'll have to give the English Breakfast
tea a try next. One thing is for sure though. The Irish Breakfast tea
would make excellent ice tea with its good, strong, tea flavor.

Hawke