Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 'Puter Q-How to boot to 2 OS HDS?

JR North wrote:
Have ME on C, 95 on D. Besides unplugging C (hard to get to), how can
I force a boot to the 95 HD? no option in BIOS to select different
HDDs. JR

If they are on two physically different drives, you can hook up a DPDT
switch to the master/slave jumper on each drive.

The switch is attached to the front of the computer, and when the computer
is off, you flip the switch to select which drive you wish to boot to. When
you turn on the computer, the drive you want to boot into becomes the master
drive, and you boot into that OS. The switch has no effect once the
computer has booted.

I ran with this setup for a couple years dual booting W2k/WXP (before I
"had" to switch over to XP). Worked great.

Of course, with W95/W98, you might be able to just use a boot floppy.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 3, 8:15*am, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
JR North wrote:
Have ME on C, 95 on D. Besides unplugging C (hard to get to), how can
I force a boot to the 95 HD? no option in BIOS to select different
HDDs. JR

Of course, with W95/W98, you might be able to just use a boot floppy.

Jon

I set up a DOS boot floppy with COMSPEC = C:\DOS\COMMAND.COM in the
Autoexec.bat so I could remove the floppy.

You could write a batch file named "95.bat" that runs D:\..\WIN.COM to
start Win 95 from the DOS prompt, or automatically.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/142544
Sorry, I never played with ME.

jsw