Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 27 cents a mile, for gasoline alone

Bought some gas. Divided out the numbers.

About 27 cents a mile, to make my Blazer go. Ouch, not going to do much
metal working, if it involves driving places.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 7, 6:59*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Bought some gas. Divided out the numbers.

About 27 cents a mile, to make my Blazer go. Ouch, not going to do much
metal working, if it involves driving places.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Remember that the next time a conservative wants America to stay
addicted to foreign oil.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

About 27 cents a mile, to make my Blazer go.

Remember that the next time a conservative wants America to stay addicted
to foreign oil.

TMT

Wait till the last phase of the Keystone pipeline gets completed....and
starts providing ready access of Canadian oil to the global marketplace,
where there are plenty of buyers who will be more than willing to outbid the
average US consumer.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

About 27 cents a mile, to make my Blazer go.

Remember that the next time a conservative wants America to stay addicted
to foreign oil.
TMT

Wait till the last phase of *the Keystone pipeline gets completed....and
starts providing ready access of Canadian oil to the global *marketplace,
where there are plenty of buyers who will be more than willing to outbid the
average US consumer.

The pipeline would not have altered the current pricing fiasco a
single penny.

The problem is that companies do not want to invest in
infrastructure..refinery assets..so any disruption causes wild price
swings in the futures market.

Oil companies make hundreds of billions off the American public and
yet do not build any reserve into their supply line.

If you want this behavior to stop, the Government would need to
require (regulate) the oil companies to have reserve built into the
supply line...which would mean that the companies could not squeeze
every last penny out of the consumer.

Allowing companies free range in the "free market" (remember that
these companies get billions of dollars of tax payer welfare) means
that the consumer is the last concern of your oil company CEO.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

About 27 cents a mile, to make my Blazer go.

Remember that the next time a conservative wants America to stay addicted
to foreign oil.
TMT

Wait till the last phase of *the Keystone pipeline gets completed....and
starts providing ready access of Canadian oil to the global *marketplace,
where there are plenty of buyers who will be more than willing to outbid the
average US consumer.

Other countries outbidding the US for oil is just around the corner.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Interesting. Strange that while I was associated with the oil
business, for some 20+ years, I never saw an oil company that did
anything but produce at maximum capability for the life of the field.

What "regulation: would you suggest for a company that has already
pulled out all the stops? Perhaps cut production say 10%? If all oil
companies cut production by 10% then that means there is 10% less oil
in the pipe line and the price go up again.

You obviously know nothing about the petroleum market.

--
Cheers,
John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Kern Sunset/Kern County shut down a LOT of its production in the mid
1980s..when oil went to $8 a barrel, from $27. It was costing $12 to
produce.

We lost 55 businesses in the first 6 months and some 8,000 of our
local population by 1989.

http://www.aapg.org/explorer/2006/01jan/crash.cfm

What "regulation: would you suggest for a company that has already
pulled out all the stops? Perhaps cut production say 10%? If all oil
companies cut production by 10% then that means there is 10% less oil
in the pipe line and the price go up again.

You obviously know nothing about the petroleum market.

"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered
by an occasional assassination." --Voltaire
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Your production costs seem pretty high for those years. Off shore
production in Indonesia (about 100 ft water) in the same period was
cheaper then that, although granted costs per barrel go up as
production decreases and there aren't many small offshore wells :-)

We lost 55 businesses in the first 6 months and some 8,000 of our
local population by 1989.

http://www.aapg.org/explorer/2006/01jan/crash.cfm

What "regulation: would you suggest for a company that has already
pulled out all the stops? Perhaps cut production say 10%? If all oil
companies cut production by 10% then that means there is 10% less oil
in the pipe line and the price go up again.

You obviously know nothing about the petroleum market.

"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered
by an occasional assassination." --Voltaire

--
Cheers,
John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Steam injection costs money.

As does our shortage of water.

About half the following article is slanted badly. Like a bookcase
about to crash. But it will give you some idea of the issues here.

http://www.orionmagazine.org/index.p.../article/6047/

We lost 55 businesses in the first 6 months and some 8,000 of our
local population by 1989.

http://www.aapg.org/explorer/2006/01jan/crash.cfm

What "regulation: would you suggest for a company that has already
pulled out all the stops? Perhaps cut production say 10%? If all oil
companies cut production by 10% then that means there is 10% less oil
in the pipe line and the price go up again.

You obviously know nothing about the petroleum market.

"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered
by an occasional assassination." --Voltaire

"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered
by an occasional assassination." --Voltaire
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I didn't realize that they were into secondary recovery systems and
yes, steam injection does cost more money.

As does our shortage of water.

About half the following article is slanted badly. Like a bookcase
about to crash. But it will give you some idea of the issues here.

http://www.orionmagazine.org/index.p.../article/6047/

Well, some fairly spirited writing there and he missed a bunch of
facts but not a bad story. What he seems to be missing though is the
reason for the horrid oil companies being so bloated with wealth.
People seem to have difficulty remembering that the oil company's
profits result solely from people buying their product.

We lost 55 businesses in the first 6 months and some 8,000 of our
local population by 1989.

http://www.aapg.org/explorer/2006/01jan/crash.cfm

What "regulation: would you suggest for a company that has already
pulled out all the stops? Perhaps cut production say 10%? If all oil
companies cut production by 10% then that means there is 10% less oil
in the pipe line and the price go up again.

You obviously know nothing about the petroleum market.

"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered
by an occasional assassination." --Voltaire

"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered
by an occasional assassination." --Voltaire

--
Cheers,
John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 12:02:59 +0700, John B.
wrote:

About half the following article is slanted badly. Like a bookcase
about to crash. But it will give you some idea of the issues here.

http://www.orionmagazine.org/index.p.../article/6047/

Well, some fairly spirited writing there and he missed a bunch of
facts but not a bad story. What he seems to be missing though is the
reason for the horrid oil companies being so bloated with wealth.
People seem to have difficulty remembering that the oil company's
profits result solely from people buying their product.

What I always find fascinating..is that oil companies Net about 5-8
cents profit per gallon of whatever the output is...gasoline, diesel,
benzine etc. Not Percent...but $0.05 per gallon

Yet each state and the Feral government makes between .25 and .50
cents per gallon..with Zero work for it, in taxes.
http://www.api.org/Oil-and-Natural-G...l-summary.ashx

http://www.api.org/Oil-and-Natural-G...uel-Taxes.aspx

This does NOT include sales taxes, buried tank taxes and a host of
other income revenue taxes that are charged. etc etc

Yet the oil companies are making huge profits. A nickle at a time.

Gunner

"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered
by an occasional assassination." --Voltaire
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

When I was a kid I worked part time in a gas station. At the time we
made 1 cent a gallon for regular and slightly more but less then 2
cents for high test. State and Federal tax at the time was something
like 11 cents. So, as you say, the oil company's split was 5 cents for
producing. refining, storage, transportation, etc.
--
Cheers,
John B.