Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Searching for "old heavy iron" vertical mill

Hi all, In search of a Kerney and Trecker 2CHL vertical type mill or
other heavy iron mill in the #2 size: Cincinnati, Brown and Sharpe,
ect for my garage. Budget is low at $1000 but willing to do some work
on it if defect is minor/repairable. Prefer Southern CA area so as not
to incur shipping cost. Anyone got a line on a K&T?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 4 May 2009 11:18:44 -0700 (PDT), trg-s338
wrote:

Hi all, In search of a Kerney and Trecker 2CHL vertical type mill or
other heavy iron mill in the #2 size: Cincinnati, Brown and Sharpe,
ect for my garage. Budget is low at $1000 but willing to do some work
on it if defect is minor/repairable. Prefer Southern CA area so as not
to incur shipping cost. Anyone got a line on a K&T?

record this phone number. Its mine..so give me a call and Ill hunt
around.

805-732-5308

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hi all, In search of a Kerney and Trecker 2CHL vertical type mill or
other heavy iron mill in the #2 size: Cincinnati, Brown and Sharpe,
ect for my garage. Budget is low at $1000 but willing to do some work
on it if defect is minor/repairable. Prefer Southern CA area so as not
to incur shipping cost. Anyone got a line on a K&T?

I sold mine for $750 (Canadian) about 8 years ago.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hi all, *In search of a Kerney and Trecker 2CHL vertical type mill or
other heavy iron mill in the #2 size: Cincinnati, Brown and Sharpe,
ect for my garage. *Budget is low at $1000 but willing to do some work
on it if defect is minor/repairable. Prefer Southern CA area so as not
to incur shipping cost. Anyone got a line on a K&T?

I sold mine for $750 (Canadian) about 8 years ago. *

Man, where was I 8 years ago?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

trg-s338 fired this volley in news:31fae34a-
:

I sold mine for $750 (Canadian) about 8 years ago. *

Man, where was I 8 years ago?

Heh! I _bought_ my Cinci #2 (with BP M head) and a 14x40 lathe with
taper attachment, and about $4000 worth of tooling for $1000 seven
years ago.

The deals are out there. Patience, diligence...

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

trg-s338 fired this volley in news:31fae34a-
:

I sold mine for $750 (Canadian) about 8 years ago. *

Man, where was I 8 years ago?

Oh... and I bought a BP r2e4 (fully functional) three months ago for
$1250.

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 4, 5:59*pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
trg-s338 fired this volley in news:31fae34a-
:

I sold mine for $750 (Canadian) about 8 years ago. *

Man, where was I *8 years ago?

Oh... and I bought a BP r2e4 (fully functional) three months ago for
$1250.

LLoyd

Yeah, rub it in. Grrrrrrr !!!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 4, 1:18*pm, trg-s338 wrote:
Hi all, *In search of a Kerney and Trecker 2CHL vertical type mill or
other heavy iron mill in the #2 size: Cincinnati, Brown and Sharpe,
ect for my garage. *Budget is low at $1000 but willing to do some work
on it if defect is minor/repairable. Prefer Southern CA area so as not
to incur shipping cost. Anyone got a line on a K&T?

You just missed me selling one...cherry condition.

It went for $333 so I could reclaim some space.

Good luck with the hunt...the market is awash with cheap iron now.

TMT