Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Plastic Washer

Over the years if you have a need of a special plastic or nylon washer for
something and you dissassemble, the one washer that always gets lost is the
plastic one. Today I was replacing the seat on my motorcycle and guess
which washer wasn't there. The plastic one that goes between the rear seat
bolt down tab and the fender. I paniced for way to long, and then I grabbed
piece of plastic that felt about right and cut one on the mill. I actually
spent less time setting up the g-code and cutting the washer than I spent
running around paniced looking for a washer first. LOL. Less than ten
lines of code, and hardly any time to cut at all.

If you have a tool you will use it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob La Londe wrote:
Over the years if you have a need of a special plastic or nylon washer for
something and you dissassemble, the one washer that always gets lost is the
plastic one.

(...)
Less than ten lines of code, and hardly any time to cut at all.

If you have a tool you will use it.

Good on ya Bob.
Two Attaboys!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Over the years if you have a need of a special plastic or nylon washer for
something and you dissassemble, the one washer that always gets lost is the
plastic one. Today I was replacing the seat on my motorcycle and guess
which washer wasn't there. The plastic one that goes between the rear seat
bolt down tab and the fender. I paniced for way to long, and then I grabbed
piece of plastic that felt about right and cut one on the mill. I actually
spent less time setting up the g-code and cutting the washer than I spent
running around paniced looking for a washer first. LOL. Less than ten
lines of code, and hardly any time to cut at all.

If you have a tool you will use it.

Coffee can lid and a pair of scissors..... G
Ken
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ken Sterling" wrote in message
[...]

I've done that before. I keep trimming and trimming trying to get it to
look nice and usually wind up with a wash 1/10th the size I need before it
looks good. LOL. This time I used a but macadamia nut jar lid and a Taig.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ken Sterling" wrote in message
Over the years if you have a need of a special plastic or nylon washer for
something and you dissassemble, the one washer that always gets lost is the
plastic one. Today I was replacing the seat on my motorcycle and guess
which washer wasn't there. The plastic one that goes between the rear seat
bolt down tab and the fender. I paniced for way to long, and then I grabbed
piece of plastic that felt about right and cut one on the mill. I actually
spent less time setting up the g-code and cutting the washer than I spent
running around paniced looking for a washer first. LOL. Less than ten
lines of code, and hardly any time to cut at all.

If you have a tool you will use it.

Coffee can lid and a pair of scissors..... G
Ken

I use a wood faceplate and two sided tape....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Rick" wrote in message

[...]

Ha! Me, too. Actually, a masonite-faced piece of 5/8" plywood with another,
smaller piece of ply glued to the back, which gets gripped in my three-jaw
chuck. And I use a zip-knife blade for a tool. It cuts those can lids very
cleanly.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" writes:

[...]

Drill press and a file.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe Pfeiffer" wrote in message
"Bob La Londe" writes:

[...]

Dang it. I've had a cheap drill press for a decade too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 10, 7:41*pm, Ken Sterling wrote:
Over the years if you have a need of a special plastic or nylon washer for
something and you dissassemble, the one washer that always gets lost is the
plastic one. *Today I was replacing the seat on my motorcycle and guess
which washer wasn't there. *The plastic one that goes between the rear seat
bolt down tab and the fender. *I paniced for way to long, and then I grabbed
piece of plastic that felt about right and cut one on the mill. *I actually
spent less time setting up the g-code and cutting the washer than I spent
running around paniced looking for a washer first. *LOL. *Less than ten
lines of code, and hardly any time to cut at all.

If you have a tool you will use it.

Coffee can lid and a pair of scissors..... G
Ken

Milk jug and a couple of arch punches

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

If you have a tool you will use it.

I'd be using my chinese gasket punches. If you use them over an aluminum score plate they
even do a decent job of cutting stainless shim in a pinch.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 23:05:29 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Ha! Me, too. Actually, a masonite-faced piece of 5/8" plywood with another,
smaller piece of ply glued to the back, which gets gripped in my three-jaw
chuck. And I use a zip-knife blade for a tool. It cuts those can lids very
cleanly.

Keep some bars of Delrin and Nylon stock along with the steel :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM