Using a "bigfoot" (large dia wheel) dolly/handtruck

Old November 11th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Using a "bigfoot" (large dia wheel) dolly/handtruck

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:03:03 -0500, Wes wrote:

Leon Fisk wrote:

Anyone try putting Slime in the tires?

Wes

I have one of those cheap wagons with similar wheels.
Suppose to be good for 1000 lbs or something, snort! Anyway,
tightening up the valve cores did wonders to slow down the
leakage. Only have to air them up a couple times per year
now.

I put some slime in my 20 year old walk behind snowblower tires. Tubeless and age
cracked. I'm hoping it helps. So far, leaks down fast but I haven't actually made a pass
down the 200 foot driveway. That should coat them well if nothing more.

Wes

Why in h**l do they use tubeless tires on snow blowers, wheelbarrows
etc.? After a few years, rust penetrates the bead area and the only
remedy is an inner tube which then lasts until the outer casing rots
off. Both my snow blower (1985) and wheelbarrow (older) still have the
original tires with inner tubes installed. It is not like these are
high speed, heat sensitive uses, at least not in my case!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Old November 11th 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 22:00:10 -0500, the infamous Gerald Miller
scrawled the following:

Leon Fisk wrote:

[...]

Does everyone here FEEEL for Gerry? How about a group "Awwwwww!"?
gd&r

Let's see, a new tube costs $4USD. A new wheel, bearings, tire, and
tube assembly costs $5 or $10USD. What to do? What to do?

Our HF is your Princess, right? Seek and ye might find, sir Ger.

--
Never lose sight of this important truth, that no one can be truly
great until he has gained a knowledge of himself, a knowledge which
Old November 11th 08, 04:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Leon Fisk wrote:

[...]

I do have a spare tire for my wheelbarrow from Princess Auto - cost $2
about 4 years ago, haven't needed to install it yet. OTOH, Tires for
the snow blower will cost me $35 each. As to changing to a less
expensive size - you wanna come take the old wheels off the axle?
Bring your cutting torch cause they are permanently rusted in place!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Old November 11th 08, 12:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I got tired of forgetting to air up the tires before using the hand
truck so I bought replacement 10" tires/wheels from HF when they had
them on sale for $3.99 - they hold air **much** longer that the tires
that came with the hand truck (Home Depot I think).

On Nov 9, 5:41*pm, Wes wrote:
"charlie" wrote:
i have the one with 10" wheels, and yes, they tend to go flat frequently..
however, they ride over the desert sand pretty well and goes over small
rocks without noticing them. don't know how they are for standard stairs,
but they do go up short curbs well.

Old November 11th 08, 01:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 23:25:13 -0500, the infamous Gerald Miller
scrawled the following:

Leon Fisk wrote:

[...]

"Good shew." he said, in his best Ed Sullivan voice.

OTOH, Tires for
the snow blower will cost me $35 each. As to changing to a less
expensive size - you wanna come take the old wheels off the axle?
Bring your cutting torch cause they are permanently rusted in place!

Sounds like a self-inflicted wound due to lack of maintenance to me,
sir. Shameful!

P.S: What's a "snow blower"?

Old November 14th 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Let's see, a new tube costs $4USD. A new wheel, bearings, tire, and
tube assembly costs $5 or $10USD. What to do? What to do?

The wheelbarrow is easy, my wide profile snowblower tires look like they spot welded the
halves together after inserting on either side of the tire. I can't buy the tire from
searz, have to buy tires and rim. Humm.

Wes
Old November 15th 08, 05:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 18:50:23 -0500, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Let's see, a new tube costs $4USD. A new wheel, bearings, tire, and
tube assembly costs $5 or $10USD. What to do? What to do?

The wheelbarrow is easy, my wide profile snowblower tires look like they spot welded the
halves together after inserting on either side of the tire. I can't buy the tire from
searz, have to buy tires and rim. Humm.

You said the "I just let the magic smoke out!" word, Wes; Searz.

Go buy something worth _fixing_, eh? Sheesh! Better yet, build one
yourself/rebuild the axle.

--
If we all did the things we are capable of doing,
we would literally astound ourselves.
Old November 16th 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Let's see, a new tube costs $4USD. A new wheel, bearings, tire, and
tube assembly costs $5 or $10USD. What to do? What to do?

The wheelbarrow is easy, my wide profile snowblower tires look like they spot welded the
halves together after inserting on either side of the tire. I can't buy the tire from
searz, have to buy tires and rim. Humm.

I just bought a tire & rim for my wheelbarrow at Harbor Freight for
$20.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Old February 16th 17, 05:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to Wes, Alan Lashway wrote:
yeah it didn't work

--
for full context, visit http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...ck-150340-.htm

Old February 16th 17, 01:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/15/2017 11:18 PM, Alan Lashway wrote:
replying to Wes, Alan Lashway wrote:
yeah it didn't work

I notice the thread is from 2008, so regarding the flats
on the Harbor Freight tires, there seems to be no need to tell you about
my success using Slime Tire sealant to keep air in them.

---