Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Warren Buffett interview on bailout

I have admired him since approximately 1996, and own a bunch of his
company shares since 1997, in fact I have 96% of my stock investments
in Berkshire. So here's a very insightful interview where he explains
the need for bailout.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/26982338/page...playmode/1098/
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

``Charlie Rose:
What's all this going to do to the price of the dollar?

Warren Buffett: It could be very tough on -- inflation could be a very
-- is a likely consequence out of what's going on now. Right now, we
are in effect making a -- to some extent, making a choice between
future inflation and getting our -- getting off the floor. And we're
likely -- we're likely to have more inflation in the future as a
consequence of the things we do to fight the present situation.''

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus26581 wrote:
``Charlie Rose:
What's all this going to do to the price of the dollar?

Warren Buffett: It could be very tough on -- inflation could be a very
-- is a likely consequence out of what's going on now. Right now, we
are in effect making a -- to some extent, making a choice between
future inflation and getting our -- getting off the floor. And we're
likely -- we're likely to have more inflation in the future as a
consequence of the things we do to fight the present situation.''

Should you have the chance, listen in on or read what John Gutfreund has had
to say in the last year about this mess.
The company he lead was one of the principals that got this rolling. They
"invented" mortgage backed securities.
http://www.pbs.org/nbr/site/onair/transcripts/081002b/

I watched this interview and the guy obviously is pained by the conflict
between his great wealth and what is going to happen to average Americans.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus26581 wrote:

I have admired him since approximately 1996, and own a bunch of his
company shares since 1997, in fact I have 96% of my stock investments
in Berkshire. So here's a very insightful interview where he explains
the need for bailout.

I saw an article where he said if the bailout doesn't happen his buying of various
interests recently will make him look stupid. He has skin in the game.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Ignoramus26581 wrote:

I have admired him since approximately 1996, and own a bunch of his
company shares since 1997, in fact I have 96% of my stock investments
in Berkshire.

Remember the people who had 96% in Enron? It pays to diversify.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus26581 wrote:
I have admired him since approximately 1996, and own a bunch of his
company shares since 1997, in fact I have 96% of my stock investments
in Berkshire.

Hmmm, interesting diversification policy.

Although with WB at the helm, you're probably as safe as you could
possibly hope for.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-10-04, Abrasha wrote:
Ignoramus26581 wrote:
I have admired him since approximately 1996, and own a bunch of his
company shares since 1997, in fact I have 96% of my stock investments
in Berkshire.

Hmmm, interesting diversification policy.

Although with WB at the helm, you're probably as safe as you could
possibly hope for.

Keep in mind that Buffett has 99% of his money in Berkshire also. So
he is not one of those people who manage "other people's money" with
no downside for themselves.

I think that businesswise, he manages risk a lot better than I do. As
for fluctuations in his stock price in relaqtion to the value of the
business, I do not care too much. What I know is that I will not lose
everything. I do not think that what I am doing, is stupid. And I have
other assets besides berkshire, just not in stocks, such as house,
cash, euros etc.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 21:40:45 -0500, Ignoramus26581
wrote:

I have admired him since approximately 1996, and own a bunch of his
company shares since 1997, in fact I have 96% of my stock investments
in Berkshire. So here's a very insightful interview where he explains
the need for bailout.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/26982338/page...playmode/1098/

At $138,500.00 a share, it wouldn't take many to make a bunch.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have admired him since approximately 1996, and own a bunch of his
company shares since 1997, in fact I have 96% of my stock investments
in Berkshire. So here's a very insightful interview where he explains
the need for bailout.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/26982338/page...playmode/1098/

At $138,500.00 a share, it wouldn't take many to make a bunch.

I believe Iggy has his in B shares.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BRK-B

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"nick hull" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
Ignoramus26581 wrote:

I have admired him since approximately 1996, and own a bunch of his
company shares since 1997, in fact I have 96% of my stock investments
in Berkshire.

Remember the people who had 96% in Enron? It pays to diversify.

Berkshire is diversified. The comparison to Enron doesn't wash.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have admired him since approximately 1996, and own a bunch of his
company shares since 1997, in fact I have 96% of my stock investments
in Berkshire. So here's a very insightful interview where he explains
the need for bailout.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/26982338/page...playmode/1098/

At $138,500.00 a share, it wouldn't take many to make a bunch.

They have "B Shares" for 30 times less.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have admired him since approximately 1996, and own a bunch of his
company shares since 1997, in fact I have 96% of my stock investments
in Berkshire. So here's a very insightful interview where he explains
the need for bailout.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/26982338/page...playmode/1098/

At $138,500.00 a share, it wouldn't take many to make a bunch.

I believe Iggy has his in B shares.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BRK-B

Yep...
posting on Usenet.