Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Did you ever notice that it never happens...

Did you ever notice that when the power window switch fails, it
NEVER fails with the window in the Up position, it's Down...

And you thought to stick your tools and a meter in the car, but it
doesn't have a DC Volts scale...

And you have three or four 12V Test Lamps (including one of the
"Computer Safe" LED models, but none with you...

90 minutes on the freeway listening to the slap echo off the K-rail.

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You should try the same trick on a 0F degree night at 10:00 PM after a
quick stop at the cash machine to get enough gas to get home. The Ford
switches are interchangeable but your choice is a cold ride home or an
even colder session of mechanics in a dark parking lot.

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:
Did you ever notice that when the power window switch fails, it
NEVER fails with the window in the Up position, it's Down...

And you thought to stick your tools and a meter in the car, but it
doesn't have a DC Volts scale...

And you have three or four 12V Test Lamps (including one of the
"Computer Safe" LED models, but none with you...

90 minutes on the freeway listening to the slap echo off the K-rail.

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

Did you ever notice that when the power window switch fails, it
NEVER fails with the window in the Up position, it's Down...

you left out the fact that it always is raining when it does fail.
usually at a toll booth at the beginning of a long trip.

John

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"john" wrote in message

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

Did you ever notice that when the power window switch fails, it
NEVER fails with the window in the Up position, it's Down...

you left out the fact that it always is raining when it does fail.
usually at a toll booth at the beginning of a long trip.

John

You left out the fact that the windblown rain is coming from that side of
the car, and the road is straight for 100 miles.

BTW John Murphy has asked me to curtail all my references to Murphy laws.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

If the circuit failed with the window up, you wouldn't know that it is
inoperable until the next time you tried to use it, and who knows when that
might be?

It's always the blue wire that

WB
metalworking projects
www.kwagmire.com/metal_proj.html

"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in message
Did you ever notice that when the power window switch fails, it
NEVER fails with the window in the Up position, it's Down...

And you thought to stick your tools and a meter in the car, but it
doesn't have a DC Volts scale...

And you have three or four 12V Test Lamps (including one of the
"Computer Safe" LED models, but none with you...

90 minutes on the freeway listening to the slap echo off the K-rail.

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in
:

BTW John Murphy has asked me to curtail all my references to Murphy laws.

You might as well - Murphy is a Radical Optimist second only to Pollyanna.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-09-07, Bruce L Bergman wrote:
Did you ever notice that when the power window switch fails, it
NEVER fails with the window in the Up position, it's Down...

Well ... ours did fail in the up position (hence it took longer
for us to get around to fixing it. :-)

It was not the switch. It was the worm gear in the motor which
wore and jammed. Carefully designed so you have to drill and hole-saw
access to one of the three bolts which hold it in place. :-(

But all told, it was not that difficult to replace.

And you thought to stick your tools and a meter in the car, but it
doesn't have a DC Volts scale...

I don't have a meter which does not have a DC scale.

And you have three or four 12V Test Lamps (including one of the
"Computer Safe" LED models, but none with you...

Ouch!

90 minutes on the freeway listening to the slap echo off the K-rail.

But you were not driving through the overflow from a hurricane
when it happened? We got a *lot* of rain here yesterday, and a
beautiful day today.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8 Sep 2008 02:21:44 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

On 2008-09-07, Bruce L Bergman wrote:
[...]

When the power windows and locks started to act weird on the '83 K car
I started tracing the wiring harness from the drivers armrest through
the door panel, door post, down behind the kick panel, under the
carpet underlay and across the floor pan just ahead of the seat
platform and thus to the right side doorpost. Of course there were
spot weld connections for branch circuits, each protected with a loose
wrap of fabric tape, all in the foot wells of the floor pan where
there you would never expect to find such nasty stuff as salt water,
provided the car never left the heart of the Sahara desert. A few
hours work and the harness was rebuilt and water proofed with rubber
tape. The Chrysler "Ombudsman" I contacted would not even admit to
having a drivers licence, much less to knowing anything about
automobiles, electricity or chemistry.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 23:59:44 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking, Bruce
L. Bergman wrote,
Did you ever notice that when the power window switch fails, it
NEVER fails with the window in the Up position, it's Down...

No. In fact, the one time it might have made a difference to me,
the windows were all UP.

I was a freshman in college, riding along on a trip to Ensenada with
some guys when the driver locked the keys in the trunk. Old Ford
Thunderbird, if I recall correctly. So I did what any of you would
have done, I'm sure. I found a piece of fence wire on the ground,
borrowed a pair of pliers from the proprietor of the store we were
stopped at, and hotwired the car so we could get home.

The trouble started when the driver could not lower the window to
talk to the border guard. Made him suspicious, I think. Did you
ever try to come across the border from Mexico into the US in a
hotwired car? Even more suspicious. But the real sticking point
was when the driver told him sorry, we can't open the trunk for you.

Not recommended.

Demolition Notice de_ja UK diy 20 June 6th 08 10:48 PM
Building Notice or not Martin Carroll UK diy 40 December 11th 07 11:21 AM
building notice Tim Smith UK diy 4 June 1st 05 10:01 PM