Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Who has the stampings to make/modify truck racks?

I need to modify the rack to get my utility-bed truck ready to work
out of, and the local Truck Body builders want too much for their
custom work - and I can do the fabrication and welding myself IF I can
get the raw stampings.

I need the C brackets and saddles for making 1-1/2" square tubing
swing-away rack cross bars, and for the parking holder you swing it
into and hold it in the open position. The studs with knobs are at
OSH and McMaster, but not the stampings.

I could get 1-3/4" seamless tubing and cut it up to make the C
brackets, but that's a lot of extra work. I know they're out there...

And the other bits like end-caps and bolt tabs, and the end-caps and
pieces to make conduit carriers. And brackets to sling small
A-ladders under the main bars. And possibly a way to make a locking
bed cover.

There's Wagner for the stair-rail bits and bends, who is the
supplier to the truck body shops?

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 00:34:27 -0700, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:

[...]

Anyone? Bueller? Ping? Say something...

Modify a sensor light [email protected] Home Repair 17 July 27th 07 12:05 PM
Modify Electric Burner? vairox UK diy 19 August 10th 06 01:11 AM
Truck for sale... '99 Isuzu FTR - (It's Metal related because it's a MANLY TRUCK, and we're manly men here!!!!) RainLover Metalworking 0 October 14th 05 07:40 PM
Need to modify door bell Brent Home Repair 10 December 30th 03 11:19 PM
please help me modify this shelf Bob Woodworking 2 October 20th 03 04:13 PM