Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sometimes complaining to an ISP works... I think...

"We have received a large number of complaints regarding one of our
former customers flooding various newsgroups with "MI5 Persecution"
posts. We have removed this customer from our active database and he
will no longer be allowed to use our servers."

We appreciate your role in helping us to locate this user.

-- Newsdemon.com Support Team http://www.newsdemon.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 08:19:02 -0600, Louis Ohland wrote:
"We have received a large number of complaints regarding one of our
former customers flooding various newsgroups with "MI5 Persecution"
posts. We have removed this customer from our active database and he
will no longer be allowed to use our servers."

Excellent news.

We appreciate your role in helping us to locate this user.
-- Newsdemon.com Support Team http://www.newsdemon.com

But don't worry, they'll be back. It's not called "whack-a-mole" for no
reason, I'm afraid.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 08:19:02 -0600, Louis Ohland wrote:
"We have received a large number of complaints regarding one of our
former customers flooding various newsgroups with "MI5 Persecution"
posts. We have removed this customer from our active database and he
will no longer be allowed to use our servers."

Excellent news.

We appreciate your role in helping us to locate this user.
-- Newsdemon.com Support Team http://www.newsdemon.com

But don't worry, they'll be back. It's not called "whack-a-mole" for no
reason, I'm afraid.

After the message from SPAMdemon, I see further posts from our little
buddy...

"But Mussolini made the trains run on time..."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 09:14:57 -0600, Louis Ohland wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

But don't worry, they'll be back. It's not called "whack-a-mole" for no
reason, I'm afraid.

After the message from SPAMdemon, I see further posts from our little
buddy...

I'm not seeing them, not sure if it's my filters or my newsserver.
news.individual.net does a very good job of filtering out stuff like
that and only costs 15 bucks a year.

"But Mussolini made the trains run on time..."

You would probably enjoy this comic then:
http://xkcd.com/282/

Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Louis Ohland" wrote in message
"We have received a large number of complaints regarding one of our
former customers flooding various newsgroups with "MI5 Persecution"
posts. We have removed this customer from our active database and he
will no longer be allowed to use our servers."

We appreciate your role in helping us to locate this user.

-- Newsdemon.com Support Team http://www.newsdemon.com

Why does it take a "large" number of complaints? Seems like "quite a few"
or "several" ought to prompt someone to action.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 08:19:02 -0600, Louis Ohland wrote:

"We have received a large number of complaints regarding one of our
former customers flooding various newsgroups with "MI5 Persecution"
posts. We have removed this customer from our active database and he
will no longer be allowed to use our servers."

We appreciate your role in helping us to locate this user.

-- Newsdemon.com Support Team http://www.newsdemon.com

Clearly you are an agent, whether you know it or not, of the Government
Intelligence Services.

There's a really cute science fiction story from (I think) the '50's,
about a poor clod in a society with universal (and "secret")
surveillance. The security camera in his bedroom made an irritating
noise so he couldn't sleep, the guy who tailed him was always bumbling --
it was a great embarrassment.

After many trials and tribulations the guy ends up claiming and
colonizing a planet, which gets populated by all the still-incompetent
(but nice!) people sent to spy on him and his 'defectors'.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-12-16, Louis Ohland wrote:
"We have received a large number of complaints regarding one of our
former customers flooding various newsgroups with "MI5 Persecution"
posts. We have removed this customer from our active database and he
will no longer be allowed to use our servers."

We appreciate your role in helping us to locate this user.

-- Newsdemon.com Support Team http://www.newsdemon.com

Of course -- he has found yet another ISP.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dave Hinz wrote:

But don't worry, they'll be back. It's not called "whack-a-mole" for no
reason, I'm afraid.

After the message from SPAMdemon, I see further posts from our little
buddy...

I'm not seeing them, not sure if it's my filters or my newsserver.
news.individual.net does a very good job of filtering out stuff like
that and only costs 15 bucks a year.

Today's batch was in rec.music.makers.squeezebox -- though I
added the latest filter to be global in that newsgroup, so it probably
killed any in this newsgroup as well today.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

To try to comprehend that people would do this for excitement,
entertainment, or whatever is truly a depressing thing for me. To exchange
so many minutes of one's lifetime for such vaccuous gratification. I just
don't get it.

It does not make it any less aggravating, but I try to walk a mile in their
mocassins, and ask the pertinent questions.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-12-17, SteveB wrote:
To try to comprehend that people would do this for excitement,
entertainment, or whatever is truly a depressing thing for me. To exchange
so many minutes of one's lifetime for such vaccuous gratification. I just
don't get it.

I think that he really feels that this so-called "persecution"
is happening, and *seriously* needs psychiatric help. It would appear
based on the content (and the choice of "persecuting agency" that he is
in England. I wonder whether he is one of those who were
institutionalized, and who have been released on an "outpatient" basis.

It does not make it any less aggravating, but I try to walk a mile in their
mocassins, and ask the pertinent questions.

Indeed -- and add appropriate filters to the killfile, so you are
not aggravated as much. The latest one is without a "NNTP-Posting-Host: "
header, so I've simply put:

"Subject: MI5.Persecution:"

(without the quotes) in the kilfile. In this system, '.' is a wildcard
which matches a single character, so if he changes the '-' to another
character, it should still match.

He keeps the front part of the "Subject: " header more constant
than his username at least.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sounds like MI5 finally succeeded in silencing that person!!!