Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Interesting junkyard find..

--Went to the local junkyard yesterday and saw what my untrained eye
would call an electron microscope. Not sure of value, but they're probably
selling it for the price of the scrapmetal, as it's currently being rained
on. Heh. Lotsa some kind of wafer fab line stuff, too. Heh.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Whatever happened
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : to Tom Nelson?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 18, 1:32 pm, steamer wrote:
--Went to the local junkyard yesterday and saw what my untrained eye
would call an electron microscope. Not sure of value, but they're probably
selling it for the price of the scrapmetal, as it's currently being rained
on. Heh. Lotsa some kind of wafer fab line stuff, too. Heh.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Whatever happened
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : to Tom Nelson?
www.nmpproducts.com
---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---

Wherever it came from, they probably paid to have it hauled off, too!

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Have you got a picture? It could be an "Electron Beam Recorder" that
my compnay used to sell. How many mechanical pumps and how many
diffusion pumps did it have? How big was the cabinet?

Pete Stanaitis
------------------

steamer wrote:
--Went to the local junkyard yesterday and saw what my untrained eye
would call an electron microscope. Not sure of value, but they're probably
selling it for the price of the scrapmetal, as it's currently being rained
on. Heh. Lotsa some kind of wafer fab line stuff, too. Heh.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:50:21 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Dec 18, 1:32 pm, steamer wrote:
--Went to the local junkyard yesterday and saw what my untrained eye
would call an electron microscope. Not sure of value, but they're probably
selling it for the price of the scrapmetal, as it's currently being rained
on. Heh. Lotsa some kind of wafer fab line stuff, too. Heh.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Whatever happened
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : to Tom Nelson?
www.nmpproducts.com
---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---

Wherever it came from, they probably paid to have it hauled off, too!

Dave

And MOST companies, when they pay to have that stuff removed, pay to
have it DESTROYED and taken out od circulation. A pitty really,
because there is a LOT of very useable technology destroyed every day.