Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Heavy Duty Drawer Slides

Would anyone out there know where to get them? I did a Google but
haven't found what I'm looking for. They are for a wheelchair lift
and the dealer price just seems too rich to me. I know the lift
manufacture doesn't make them and they should be available somewhere.
TIA
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 14, 9:37 am, rustyjames wrote:
Would anyone out there know where to get them? I did a Google but
haven't found what I'm looking for. They are for a wheelchair lift
and the dealer price just seems too rich to me. I know the lift
manufacture doesn't make them and they should be available somewhere.
TIA

http://www.bruno.com/

I used to install this stuff, but I don't know pricing and haven't
seen much of a second-hand market for parts or repairable broken
equipment.

Personally I don't have business insurance and won't homebrew or
repair any medical or handicapped hardware. The government will buy it
for you if you really need it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 14, 6:37 am, rustyjames wrote:
Would anyone out there know where to get them? I did a Google but
haven't found what I'm looking for. They are for a wheelchair lift
and the dealer price just seems too rich to me. I know the lift
manufacture doesn't make them and they should be available somewhere.
TIA

Acuride is a big manufacturer of drawer slides, have you checked their
products? http://www.accuride.com/products/ind...l/category.php
Or you might try McMaster Carr for one stop shopping http://www.mcmaster.com/
they have quite a range from much too small to much too expensive,
with luck you will find something in between. I hope you don't need
their bigge$t ones, though with a motorized wheelchair and passenger,
I don't know. Has anyone really ever spent $1616 for a pair of drawer
slides? sure, with a 49" extension and a 820lb capacity they are
impressive, but $1616!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rusty,
Check:
http://wwhardware.com/

click "cabinet drawer slides
click "drawer lides, KV heavy duty full extension
click "500# class.....

from 14" @ $62 to 60" @ $290
DJ

On Dec 14, 7:37 am, rustyjames wrote:
Would anyone out there know where to get them? I did a Google but
haven't found what I'm looking for. They are for a wheelchair lift
and the dealer price just seems too rich to me. I know the lift
manufacture doesn't make them and they should be available somewhere.
TIA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 14, 9:37 am, rustyjames wrote:
Would anyone out there know where to get them? I did a Google but
haven't found what I'm looking for. They are for a wheelchair lift
and the dealer price just seems too rich to me. I know the lift
manufacture doesn't make them and they should be available somewhere.
TIA

Now you have my interest- what does a drawer slide have to do with a
wheelchair lift?

Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 14, 12:14 pm, wrote:
On Dec 14, 9:37 am, rustyjames wrote:

Would anyone out there know where to get them? I did a Google but
haven't found what I'm looking for. They are for a wheelchair lift
and the dealer price just seems too rich to me. I know the lift
manufacture doesn't make them and they should be available somewhere.
TIA

Now you have my interest- what does a drawer slide have to do with a
wheelchair lift?

Dave

http://www.adaptivedriving.com/BR_Swing.htm
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 14, 10:20 am, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Dec 14, 9:37 am, rustyjames wrote:
[heavy duty drawer slides???]

Cam followers are cheap and very useful for do-it-yourself linear
motion.

http://www.rbcbearings.com/camfollowers/index.htm
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 06:37:27 -0800 (PST), with neither quill nor
qualm, rustyjames quickly quoth:

Would anyone out there know where to get them? I did a Google but
haven't found what I'm looking for. They are for a wheelchair lift
and the dealer price just seems too rich to me. I know the lift
manufacture doesn't make them and they should be available somewhere.
TIA

You don't state what make/model/size/year or any valid detail we could
use to help you. Typical. sigh

Here's a guess:
http://tinyurl.com/25xwu8

G'luck.

--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents ****-Poor Performance
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Might have look at these folks. I have always had good luck from them and A+
cutomer satisfaction. No affilitaion other than satisfied customer. They say
not for human support but look at what they are designed for. Looks like you
could double them if necessary. That what you are paying ........the
statement it is intended for medical use and not for some other use. Good
luck and you might tell customer service about your dilema and ask if they
know of a vender in the line you are looking for.
Lyndell
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...614,43620&ap=1

If the link does not work search for heavy duty slides.

"rustyjames" wrote in message
Would anyone out there know where to get them? I did a Google but
haven't found what I'm looking for. They are for a wheelchair lift
and the dealer price just seems too rich to me. I know the lift
manufacture doesn't make them and they should be available somewhere.
TIA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Lyndellhttp://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=2&p=50505&cat=3,43614,4...

If the link does not work search for heavy duty slides.

"rustyjames" wrote in message

Would anyone out there know where to get them? I did a Google but
haven't found what I'm looking for. They are for a wheelchair lift
and the dealer price just seems too rich to me. I know the lift
manufacture doesn't make them and they should be available somewhere.
TIA- Hide quoted text -

Thank You All-

I found a set at a dealer at a reasonable price. I guess they wanted
to blow out their stock because that lift is no longer made.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 20:40:49 -0500, "Lyndell Thompson"
wrote:

[...]

Accurides are good, I get them at Rockler.
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?Offerings_ID=1491

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007, Pete Keillor wrote:
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, "Lyndell Thompson" wrote:
"rustyjames" wrote...

[...]

One problem - if you tell them that the slides are for use in
building a wheelchair lift, they will not sell them to you - the much
higher added injury and liability insurance costs for components used
in a personnel lifting device and/or medical device aren't factored
into "drawer slides". And if you read the fine print on the
instructions there's more than likely words to that effect.

If you don't tell, you accept all the liability. For a one-off lift
you build to solve a mobility problem for a family member, this is not
a problem. If you plan to produce these lifts for resale, it can be a
huge problem. You'll have 100 units pre-sold at a pre-set price, and
your supplier either cuts you off cold or the price of a key component
suddenly triples...

For resale, contact the manufacturer and work it all out first.

Example: You can buy all sorts of cable winches and overhead powered
hoists and trolleys, including inexpensive import units at Harbor
Freight - and they all say "Not for overhead lifting over people, or
for lifting people." If they know you are building an elevator with
their hoist (and they have any brains at all) they won't sell.

If you want a unit that is rated and sold to lift people or over
people, the only place I know of to get one in the USA is from CM
Hoist (Columbus McKinnon), and you pay a lot more. And more for the
"Overhead Lifting" rated alloy chain and rigging gear.

-- Bruce --

Drawer slides Anon Ymous Woodworking 1 February 21st 07 01:55 AM
Drawer slides Anon Ymous Woodworking 9 February 21st 07 01:38 AM
drawer slides Tom Friar Woodworking 7 April 9th 06 11:07 AM
Drawer slides [email protected] Woodworking 24 January 9th 06 06:10 PM
Drawer Slides bole2cant Woodworking 11 February 28th 04 09:01 PM