Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tools you didn't know you needed

I recently came across this from Ridged:

http://www.ridgid.com/seesnakemicro/

"The new RIDGID SeeSnake micro„¢ inspection camera allows you
to easily perform visual inspections in hard to reach areas.
Its lightweight, handheld design means that it can be
carried anywhere €“ providing solutions when and where you
need them, while allowing you to offer more services and
increase productivity."

It isn't really cheap, but it sure would have been handy for
fishing around inside walls and...

You would think they would have given it a bit more
resolution and the ability to take pictures. But then they
wouldn't be able to come out with an improved model I guess
a few months later.

I found it for sale on Fastenal's website, ~$280.

The Stanley Laser measures, TLM series (100, 200, 300) would
be really cool to have if I was still running conduit. It
seems like my one inch wide tape measure was never quite
long enough to reach what I wanted. See:

http://www.stanleytools.com/default....TNUMBER=77-910

It is suppose to have plus/minus 1/4 inch accuracy at 100
feet which isn't too shabby. Plenty good for running
conduit.

Too pricey to have around nowadays for occasional use.
Around ~$100 for the TLM100 version.

So what else is out there that we really don't need, but
would be cool to have?

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Leon Fisk wrote:

[...]

I have the TLM100, and it's worth every penny. I use it for cave
surveys. It also happens to be made in Austria (not China) with
technology licensed from Leica Geosystems.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

So what else is out there that we really don't need, but
would be cool to have?

How about the Rigid calender? A must have for any shop.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

So what else is out there that we really don't need, but
would be cool to have?

How about the Rigid calender? A must have for any shop.

Karl

There are better, less politically correct ones...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Leon Fisk wrote:

"The new RIDGID SeeSnake micro™ inspection camera allows you
to easily perform visual inspections in hard to reach areas.
Its lightweight, handheld design means that it can be
carried anywhere – providing solutions when and where you
need them, while allowing you to offer more services and
increase productivity."

I've used digicams a lot to see into places in machines rather than do the
mirror and flash light routine.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Leon Fisk wrote:
... The Stanley Laser measures, TLM series (100, 200, 300) ...
http://www.stanleytools.com/default....TNUMBER=77-910

It is suppose to have plus/minus 1/4 inch accuracy at 100
feet which isn't too shabby. ...
Too pricey to have around nowadays for occasional use.
Around ~$100 for the TLM100 version.

$60 at Amazon & FREE shipping
http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-77-910.../dp/B000BDIRYC

I wonder if the 1/4" accuracy at 100' scales (e.g., .025" at 10'), or if
it's always 1/4" (full-scale thing). If it's fixed, it would be too
limiting, but scaled would be plenty good enough.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Leon Fisk wrote:
... The Stanley Laser measures, TLM series (100, 200, 300) ...
http://www.stanleytools.com/default....TNUMBER=77-910

It is suppose to have plus/minus 1/4 inch accuracy at 100
feet which isn't too shabby. ...
Too pricey to have around nowadays for occasional use.
Around ~$100 for the TLM100 version.

$60 at Amazon & FREE shipping
http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-77-910.../dp/B000BDIRYC

I wonder if the 1/4" accuracy at 100' scales (e.g., .025" at 10'), or if
it's always 1/4" (full-scale thing). If it's fixed, it would be too
limiting, but scaled would be plenty good enough.

Bob

I tested my TLM100 along side my 30' power lock in the hallway, and it
was always exact to the 1/8" with the tape.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

A guy at work sent me a link to a neat magnetic tool for fishing wires
in walls and even under carpet, don't remember the brand name. I'll try
to remember to forward the link from my work PC and post it here.

Paul

It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Why don't they just post the damn prices? No, you gotta give them all kinds
of info.

Sheesh.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
Why don't they just post the damn prices? No, you gotta give them all kinds
of info.

Sheesh.

You found it anyway, yeah I was kinda disappointed with lack of
pricing. I generally take that as a sign something is overpriced...

Paul

It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 10, 10:46 pm, Paul wrote:
SteveB wrote:
Why don't they just post the damn prices? No, you gotta give them all kinds
of info.

Sheesh.

You found it anyway, yeah I was kinda disappointed with lack of
pricing. I generally take that as a sign something is overpriced...

Paul

It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.

I take it as being there is at least one overpriced distribution
channel to get it. Such as retail superstores. If home depot sells it
they dont want people knowing fastenal sells it for 25% less to their
SMALL customers and 35% less to their large ones.

Brent
Ottawa canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 10, 7:49 pm, Paul wrote:
A guy at work sent me a link to a neat magnetic tool for fishing wires
in walls and even under carpet, don't remember the brand name. I'll try
to remember to forward the link from my work PC and post it here.

Paul

It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.

That sounds like my greenlee FISH STIX.

they are in the cable fishing family of tools but unlike a fish tape
you can PUSH it over and through open areas.

Basically its 4' lengths of fishing rod with threaded ends and a hook
or basket at the end that will easily let you push a cable out up to
24'

they save HOURS working up in drop ceilings
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:36:52 GMT, "Pete C."
wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:

So what else is out there that we really don't need, but
would be cool to have?

How about the Rigid calender? A must have for any shop.

Karl

There are better, less politically correct ones...

http://www.stackedandpacked.com/

http://www.rguns.net/006_13.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

On Dec 10, 2:36 pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Karl Townsend wrote:

So what else is out there that we really don't need, but
would be cool to have?

How about the Rigid calender? A must have for any shop.

Karl

There are better, less politically correct ones...

And they are?

TMT

Not sure of the current ones. Seem to recall one I saw a while back was
from a hydraulics company.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 04:35:09 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:

So what else is out there that we really don't need, but
would be cool to have?

How about the Rigid calender? A must have for any shop.

Karl

There are better, less politically correct ones...

Both of which are better, IMHO. Gimme T&A!

http://www.stackedandpacked.com/

Too much beef.

http://www.rguns.net/006_13.html

Mmmmm, that gal on the front of the 2008 calendar is SMOKIN'!

--
My future starts when I wake up every morning...
Every day I find something creative to do with my life.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 02:15:53 -0800 (PST), with neither quill nor
qualm, Brent quickly quoth:

On Dec 10, 10:46 pm, Paul wrote:
SteveB wrote:
Why don't they just post the damn prices? No, you gotta give them all kinds
of info.

Sheesh.

You found it anyway, yeah I was kinda disappointed with lack of
pricing. I generally take that as a sign something is overpriced...

I take it as being there is at least one overpriced distribution
channel to get it. Such as retail superstores. If home depot sells it
they dont want people knowing fastenal sells it for 25% less to their
SMALL customers and 35% less to their large ones.

Are you saying that Fastenal is cheaper than Homey's Despot?!?

--
My future starts when I wake up every morning...
Every day I find something creative to do with my life.
-- Miles Davis
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Brent" wrote in message
On Dec 10, 10:46 pm, Paul wrote:
SteveB wrote:
Why don't they just post the damn prices? No, you gotta give them all
kinds
of info.

Sheesh.

You found it anyway, yeah I was kinda disappointed with lack of
pricing. I generally take that as a sign something is overpriced...

Paul

It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.

I take it as being there is at least one overpriced distribution
channel to get it. Such as retail superstores. If home depot sells it
they dont want people knowing fastenal sells it for 25% less to their
SMALL customers and 35% less to their large ones.

Brent
Ottawa canada

They must think we're stupid. I know their reasoning about sales
territories. And they can still give their lists of places to buy. But if
the item is $1,000 MSRP, I KNOW that it will be cheaper at a local store.
The $1,000 figure just gives me a chance to see if I want to research it
further.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DT DT is offline

I wonder if the 1/4" accuracy at 100' scales (e.g., .025" at 10'), or if
it's always 1/4" (full-scale thing). If it's fixed, it would be too
limiting, but scaled would be plenty good enough.

Bob

If it really uses the laser to measure (as opposed to using the laser to aim a
microwave beam like many do), and according to the diagram on the site it does
indeed appear to use the laser: then the accuracy is probably constant, not
proportional over 100 feet.

It becomes a matter of how accurate the nano-second clock is. The difference in
time between measuring reflected light over 1/4" is .00000000047 seconds, and
you can't build a clock that fast for a few bucks and expect it to maintain
pico-second repeatability under field conditions. So the difference between
measuring the fairly coarse 10 feet or 100 feet isn't the problem area, it's
the float of the timer on that 10th decimal point.

--
Dennis

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

DT wrote:

I wonder if the 1/4" accuracy at 100' scales (e.g., .025" at 10'), or if
it's always 1/4" (full-scale thing). If it's fixed, it would be too
limiting, but scaled would be plenty good enough.

Bob

If it really uses the laser to measure (as opposed to using the laser to aim a
microwave beam like many do), and according to the diagram on the site it does
indeed appear to use the laser: then the accuracy is probably constant, not
proportional over 100 feet.

Yes, it is indeed real laser ranging, no ultrasonic or other low grade
junk. The TLM100 is by far the least expensive laser ranger I know of.
It's affordable for general use vs. it's bigger siblings with longer
ranges. It's also physically smaller than it's siblings which is an
advantage for cave survey use.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 06:24:07 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I take it as being there is at least one overpriced distribution
channel to get it. Such as retail superstores. If home depot sells it
they dont want people knowing fastenal sells it for 25% less to their
SMALL customers and 35% less to their large ones.

Are you saying that Fastenal is cheaper than Homey's Despot?!?

I cant speak for Fastenal..but Im finding that Ferguson (plumbing
supplier) virtually any fastner store and most electrical supply
houses are cheaper than Home Depot. Both in small and large
quantities.

Significantly cheaper.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 02:20:34 -0800 (PST), Brent
wrote:

On Dec 10, 7:49 pm, Paul wrote:
A guy at work sent me a link to a neat magnetic tool for fishing wires
in walls and even under carpet, don't remember the brand name. I'll try
to remember to forward the link from my work PC and post it here.

Paul

It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.

That sounds like my greenlee FISH STIX.

they are in the cable fishing family of tools but unlike a fish tape
you can PUSH it over and through open areas.

Basically its 4' lengths of fishing rod with threaded ends and a hook
or basket at the end that will easily let you push a cable out up to
24'

they save HOURS working up in drop ceilings

I always want to try using an RC 4x4 pulling a fish line on
a drop ceiling. Now that the prices are affordable for such
toys I don't do stuff like that anymore.

I used to just grab a 9 foot low band antenna whip off the
van and tie onto the end. Reach as far as a could with that
and note which ceiling tile to pop up next. I didn't run
stuff everyday or I would have made a better pole type
system like you described.

Still think that would be a good RC application and maybe
make the job a bit more fun

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:21:29 GMT, "Pete C."
wrote:

Too pricey to have around nowadays for occasional use.
Around ~$100 for the TLM100 version.

I have the TLM100, and it's worth every penny. I use it for cave
surveys. It also happens to be made in Austria (not China) with
technology licensed from Leica Geosystems.

Thanks for the reply/review Pete. I wondered how well they
worked and you answered the question for me

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Dec 10, 7:49 pm, Paul wrote:
[...]

Leon youre a genius =) the thought of usng an RC vehicle never
crossed my mind but its SOOOOOO elegant and simple

And it means i get to buy a fun toy when its not work time
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I take it as being there is at least one overpriced distribution
channel to get it. Such as retail superstores. If home depot sells it
they dont want people knowing fastenal sells it for 25% less to their
SMALL customers and 35% less to their large ones.

Are you saying that Fastenal is cheaper than Homey's Despot?!?

I cant speak for Fastenal..but Im finding that Ferguson (plumbing
supplier) virtually any fastner store and most electrical supply
houses are cheaper than Home Depot. Both in small and large
quantities.

Significantly cheaper.

Gunner

Same thing I used North American wide examples. But I prefer going to
Ottawa Fastener Supply, or Preston Hardware. Same logic of course
holds. Their clientele STARTS with the heavy duty handyman and goes up
into trades and businesses from there.

But it made more sense considering its an international group to quote
the national chains in each dept

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:09:42 -0800 (PST), Brent
wrote:

On Dec 11, 2:37 pm, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 02:20:34 -0800 (PST), Brent

Still think that would be a good RC application and maybe
make the job a bit more fun

Leon youre a genius =) the thought of usng an RC vehicle never
crossed my mind but its SOOOOOO elegant and simple

And it means i get to buy a fun toy when its not work time

If you do and get a chance to try it out I want to know how
well it works They were too darn expensive yet when I was
doing stuff like that. Sure beats falling through the
ceiling though like one of my co-workers did. Ooops!

Somebody made a sling-shot, weight and string rig too.
Nowadays someone would probably freak out and call the
police if they saw you with a sling-shot...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:36:08 -0500, Leon Fisk
wrote:

Somebody made a sling-shot, weight and string rig too.
Nowadays someone would probably freak out and call the
police if they saw you with a sling-shot...

Here are three different patents illustrating the idea:

http://www.google.com/patents?vid=4587943

http://www.google.com/patents?vid=6209531

http://www.google.com/patents?vid=2808043

Don't know if one was ever sold, but it wouldn't be too hard
to make one for yourself.

RC would be more fun

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Dec 11, 2:37 pm, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 02:20:34 -0800 (PST), Brent

Still think that would be a good RC application and maybe
make the job a bit more fun

Leon youre a genius =) the thought of usng an RC vehicle never
crossed my mind but its SOOOOOO elegant and simple

And it means i get to buy a fun toy when its not work time

If you do and get a chance to try it out I want to know how
well it works They were too darn expensive yet when I was
doing stuff like that. Sure beats falling through the
ceiling though like one of my co-workers did. Ooops!

Somebody made a sling-shot, weight and string rig too.
Nowadays someone would probably freak out and call the
police if they saw you with a sling-shot...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Remove no.spam for email

I'm kinda thinking Tank instead of 4x4 to climb the T bars but I've
also been looking for a good type of elastic for the slingshot. But
its better than a rifle looking dartgun too.

the British Mark IV seems like an almost ideal vehicle for crawling
through roof tiles since it cant even be flipped
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Leon Fisk wrote:

Somebody made a sling-shot, weight and string rig too.

Here are three different patents illustrating the idea:

I was made a sling shot with a fishing reel attached, to shoot line over
tree limbs, to start ropes for felling. Didn't work for ****. Problem
was the line would get tangled in the slingshot. Went through a number
of revisions before I gave up.

Along a similar line, and maybe useful over dropped ceilings, would be a
compressed air gun shooting a soft ball, with string attached. Here's a
start:
http://www.antennalaunchers.com/antlaunching.html

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
. ..
Leon Fisk wrote:

Somebody made a sling-shot, weight and string rig too.

Here are three different patents illustrating the idea:

I was made a sling shot with a fishing reel attached, to shoot line over
tree limbs, to start ropes for felling. Didn't work for ****. Problem
was the line would get tangled in the slingshot. Went through a number of
revisions before I gave up.

It works better if you use an arrow in the slingshot. Bend a piece of
coat-hanger wire for an arrow guide, with a bent notch between the two arms
of the slingshot. Tie the string near the point of the arrow, rather than
the nock, if you have any trouble with the string getting caught in the
rubber.

This is the setup I've used to launch a string for radio antennas, over
trees, in the field. I've used a closed-face spincasting reel taped to the
front of the grip and I've tried open-face. Closed face is less troublesome.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Leon Fisk" wrote

Somebody made a sling-shot, weight and string rig too.
Nowadays someone would probably freak out and call the
police if they saw you with a sling-shot...

--
Leon Fisk

Electricians in the convention industry in Las Vegas use sling shots with a
Zebco reel taped on to shoot a nut carrying fishing line. They then pull a
rope that pulls their cables through the bar joists that support the
ceiling. Been doing it for quite a while.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:37:39 -0500, Leon Fisk
wrote:

I used to just grab a 9 foot low band antenna whip off the
van and tie onto the end. Reach as far as a could with that
and note which ceiling tile to pop up next. I didn't run
stuff everyday or I would have made a better pole type
system like you described.

Still think that would be a good RC application and maybe
make the job a bit more fun

I have, on occasion, used a 30' tape measure with a suitable wad of
vinyl tape over the hook to fish a pull string through ceiling spaces.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 11, 6:44 pm, "SteveB" wrote:
"Leon Fisk" wrote

Somebody made a sling-shot, weight and string rig too.
Nowadays someone would probably freak out and call the
police if they saw you with a sling-shot...

--
Leon Fisk

Electricians in the convention industry in Las Vegas use sling shots with a
Zebco reel taped on to shoot a nut carrying fishing line. They then pull a
rope that pulls their cables through the bar joists that support the
ceiling. Been doing it for quite a while.

Steve

I saw the greenlee cablecaster and as a kid i had a little fishing rod
called a pocket fisherman. It was a closed face reel and about 18
inches long overall with a little peice of rod

I am CURSING MYSELF for having lost it in the changes of houses
because casting a nut or sinker with it would have been so nice. I
never attached much faith in it as fishing equipment since i always
used open bail reels from the age of about 8 onwards and it seemed
like a gimmick or something to put in a suitcase I suddenly wish it
was in my toolbox.

Brent
Ottawa Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Dec 11, 2:37 pm, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 02:20:34 -0800 (PST), Brent

Still think that would be a good RC application and maybe
make the job a bit more fun

Leon youre a genius =) the thought of usng an RC vehicle never
crossed my mind but its SOOOOOO elegant and simple

And it means i get to buy a fun toy when its not work time

If you do and get a chance to try it out I want to know how
well it works They were too darn expensive yet when I was
doing stuff like that. Sure beats falling through the
ceiling though like one of my co-workers did. Ooops!

Somebody made a sling-shot, weight and string rig too.
Nowadays someone would probably freak out and call the
police if they saw you with a sling-shot...

I don't know the truth of the matter, but the story was that on Friday
afternoon, a pull string needed to be provided in 500' of 8" duct. One
of the crew came back from the pet store with a rabbit which he
harnessed to the string. When said rabbit refused to go more than ten
feet into the duct, he pulled it back and applied a few drops of
gasoline to the exhaust pipe. It was estimated the rabbit was doing 30
MPH when it came out the other end.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 19:40:59 -0500, Gerald Miller
wrote:

I don't know the truth of the matter, but the story was that on Friday
afternoon, a pull string needed to be provided in 500' of 8" duct. One
of the crew came back from the pet store with a rabbit which he
harnessed to the string. When said rabbit refused to go more than ten
feet into the duct, he pulled it back and applied a few drops of
gasoline to the exhaust pipe. It was estimated the rabbit was doing 30
MPH when it came out the other end.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

And the crewman with the bright idea of using gasoline on the animal
was met at the other end of the conduit by a Humane Officer and the
local Deputy Sheriff with the "matching bracelets" already out.

Do not even kid about **** like that. Unless you want us to book
the "Michael Vick Suite" for you at the regional Club Fed.

There are more effective ways to do things like that - find a friend
with a pet Ferret or two. They aren't stupid - once the Carpet Shark
gets the idea that when they follow the sound of the ringing bell and
come out the other end of the pipe they get their favorite treat,
they'll be in and out faster than that rabbit ever could - and it
won't hurt.

And even at that you purge the pipes with a manhole blower first, to
make sure there is good air inside.

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Brent" wrote in message
On Dec 11, 6:44 pm, "SteveB" wrote:
"Leon Fisk" wrote

[...]

I got some 18" ice fishing poles and reels for Christmas last year. They
are the bail type reels and not pushbutton type. But, I bet you could get a
pushbutton one, and I do know they make short poles ala Snoopy Fishing Poles
for kids.

STeve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Dec 10, 7:49 pm, Paul wrote:
A guy at work sent me a link to a neat magnetic tool for fishing wires
in walls and even under carpet, don't remember the brand name. I'll try
to remember to forward the link from my work PC and post it here.

Paul

It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.

That sounds like my greenlee FISH STIX.

they are in the cable fishing family of tools but unlike a fish tape
you can PUSH it over and through open areas.

Basically its 4' lengths of fishing rod with threaded ends and a hook
or basket at the end that will easily let you push a cable out up to
24'

they save HOURS working up in drop ceilings

Drop ceilings were MADE for remote control trucks!!!
I have an old BAHA buggy with the body taken off that I run in
reverse across suspendend ceilings tied to a fish line.. If it gets
stuck I jerk it back a bit and take another run at it. When it drops
through the hole at the other end I tie my network cable to it and
real in the fishline. For heavier cables I pull a pull rope through
with the fishline, then use that to pull the heavy cable.

I was hoping it would give me the excuse to buy a real good 4X4 with
proportional control, but the old garage sale find has done the job
well enough that I've been satisfied not spending the extra.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Dec 10, 7:49 pm, Paul wrote:
[...]

Been using mine off and on for over 10 years.
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Remove no.spam for email

Leon youre a genius =) the thought of usng an RC vehicle never
crossed my mind but its SOOOOOO elegant and simple

And it means i get to buy a fun toy when its not work time

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Well I KNOW mice have been used to get a pull line through condoit
----.(1.5 or 2")

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news

wrote:

[...]

The tale may have mutated into some uncertainties by the time it reached me,
but
the role played by the animal would have remained a constant.

Seems there was an offshore oil rig with some problem, maybe a grounding
problem which required attatching a cable at the bottom of one of the
supporting
legs after the unit had been in service for some time. Underwater cutting
into the
leg was not a bright idea for obvious reasons. And, evidently, the interior
of the
leg was made nearly impassable by a collection of fixed apparatus and
general
mechanical obstructions and wires. So, a bright boy got the idea of getting
a dead
rabbit and blew it, or most of what remained of it, down to the end of the
leg with
extreme air pressure. Then (remember another poster mentioned one of these)
they
took a ferret and affixed a cable with an electromagnetic clamp on his neck.
When the
cable reached maximum payout, the triggered the clamp which also released
the ferret's
collar and allowed him to come up into a cage baited with more of Brer'
Rabbit.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Old Precision Tools... Help needed! Fred Fowler III Metalworking 6 August 25th 07 06:34 PM
tools, air tools, power tools, hand tools, cordeless tool 4qO3HN tim Electronics Repair 0 February 21st 07 08:34 PM
pallet jack repair - parts avail? special tools needed? dave Metalworking 12 October 27th 05 10:24 AM
Info on tools, plans and supplier needed [email protected] Metalworking 1 August 18th 04 11:08 PM
ADVICE NEEDED ON TURNING TOOLS [email protected] Woodturning 20 September 23rd 03 06:52 AM