where to visit in north east dallas Weds morning

Old October 3rd 07, 06:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default where to visit in north east dallas Weds morning

have some time to kill prior to a meeting at noon, looking for suggestions

Old October 3rd 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill, got no help for you. Question though. Do you like Teranews? My
OctaNews server has been up/down over the last couple days. I tried Google
news, but they require my real email address to be posted to the world -
just asking for spam city.

Karl

Old October 3rd 07, 02:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 06:40:25 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Karl
Townsend" quickly quoth:

Bill, got no help for you. Question though. Do you like Teranews? My
OctaNews server has been up/down over the last couple days. I tried Google
news, but they require my real email address to be posted to the world -
just asking for spam city.

I'm not Bill, but I tried TERA ($3.95 one time signup fee) and they
were occasionally busy when I tried to grab news. They were quite a
bit slower than other services. I settled on Forte's at $2.95 per
month and it's _quick_. On DSL, I download a couple hunddred messages
in under 30 seconds. They also filtered out ALL of the crap folks here
were complaining about a couple months ago. I never had to put up with
it at all. THAT makes it worth its weight in gold to me. No
affiliation, just a happy user.
Forte's Agent Premium Newsgroups, 10 GB/month, $2.95/mo
http://www.forteinc.com/apn/index.php

--
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when
they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal
Old October 3rd 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill N wrote:

have some time to kill prior to a meeting at noon, looking for suggestions

Don't know about used equipment places, but I can point you to some good
restaurants in the area.
Old October 3rd 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

the advantage of teranews is that it is cheap and mostly OK - I haven't
tried the higher priced services though - but for a one time $4 fee, I get
access to the groups I want - monthly downloads are limited to some number
of bytes, but it's far more than I need to read this and a bunch of other
groups - now if you were downloading lots of files, you'd need the paid
service.

anews.com...

Old October 3rd 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

well, too late now, I decided I coudl use some sleep, and the meeting
includes a dinner - but I'm still interested in both restaurants and surplus
places for the next trip.

as for cheap food, there is a pupeseria on Jupiter that I like a lot - and
it's impossible to spend more than $5 there and eat all you are served.

Old October 3rd 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex

Bill
There is a surplus electronics/machine tools place in the Richardson
area, whose name escapes. Others have recommended it to me, but I just
don't get over that way.
Rex
Fort Worth

Bill N wrote:
well, too late now, I decided I coudl use some sleep, and the meeting
includes a dinner - but I'm still interested in both restaurants and surplus
places for the next trip.

as for cheap food, there is a pupeseria on Jupiter that I like a lot - and
it's impossible to spend more than $5 there and eat all you are served.

Is that where they serve pupae?
Old October 3rd 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 06:40:25 -0500, Karl Townsend wrote:

Bill, got no help for you. Question though. Do you like Teranews? My
OctaNews server has been up/down over the last couple days. I tried Google
news, but they require my real email address to be posted to the world -
just asking for spam city.

If you really have a burning desire to log into google, then just
make a bogus email at one of the free email things long enough to
get registered, then redirect everything that goes to that email
to the bit bucket.

Of course, the "right" way to do it is to use a real newsreader and
log onto your ISP's news server.

I've got a booble[typo, but I'm leaving it in because it's so cute]
account under - to get my real email, just
elide ard. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Old October 4th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill N wrote:

well, too late now, I decided I coudl use some sleep, and the meeting
includes a dinner - but I'm still interested in both restaurants and
surplus places for the next trip.

as for cheap food, there is a pupeseria on Jupiter that I like a lot -
and it's impossible to spend more than $5 there and eat all you are
served.

Is that where they serve pupae?

What ever happened to Rondure - surplus just about anything?