removing pull dowel pins

Old March 12th 04, 04:34 PM
KD

Default removing pull dowel pins

Any tips on removing pull dowel pins? I made like a slide hammer, but
the stud that Im using to pull them out keep breaking. They are 1/4
dowell pins with 8-32 bolts that I am cutting the heads off of to pull
them out. I screw one end into the pin, and the other into the slide
hammer. Let me konw if anyone has an idea for removal
Old March 12th 04, 05:51 PM
Tom Gardner

The bolts can't take the shock but they might take the strain if you make a
fixture to use the bolts to pull the pins out. Imagine a 1/2" short rod
drilled for the bolts and counterbored for the pins then just screw in the
bolts pulling the pins into the counterbore.

om...

Old March 13th 04, 03:47 AM
Anthony

"Tom Gardner" wrote in
y.com:

The bolts can't take the shock but they might take the strain if you
make a fixture to use the bolts to pull the pins out. Imagine a 1/2"
short rod drilled for the bolts and counterbored for the pins then
just screw in the bolts pulling the pins into the counterbore.

"KD" wrote in message
om...
Any tips on removing pull dowel pins? I made like a slide hammer,
but the stud that Im using to pull them out keep breaking. They are
1/4 dowell pins with 8-32 bolts that I am cutting the heads off of to
pull them out. I screw one end into the pin, and the other into the
slide hammer. Let me konw if anyone has an idea for removal

In a pinch, you can use a socket and thick washer under the bolt head.
Place bolt thru the socket hole and wrench out the dowel.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email