Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default HF cement mixer

Awl--

Inyone have one? Does it work?

Q on sizes:
They offer 1.5, 2.5, and 3.5 cu ft.
However, it is ambiguous as to what the cu ft refer to: size of the drum,
or the amount of concrete that can be mixed/poured.
If the 2.5 mixer is referring to poured concrete, and the 3.5 is referring
to actual drum volume, the 2.5 may very well have *more capacity than the
3.5*!!
And a hint that this might be so is that the 2.5's cost more than the 3.5s.
HF don't have a clue--of course.

Iny idears??
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ken Finney

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message
news
Awl--

Inyone have one? Does it work?

Q on sizes:
They offer 1.5, 2.5, and 3.5 cu ft.
However, it is ambiguous as to what the cu ft refer to: size of the drum,
or the amount of concrete that can be mixed/poured.
If the 2.5 mixer is referring to poured concrete, and the 3.5 is referring
to actual drum volume, the 2.5 may very well have *more capacity than the
3.5*!!
And a hint that this might be so is that the 2.5's cost more than the
3.5s.
HF don't have a clue--of course.

Iny idears??

I've got the one that goes on sale for $189 about every other month. Don't
like it, no big issues, just a lot of little ones. If I had to do it over,
I'd look for alternatives, I think Home Depot has one for about $350.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DT

Well, to follow up on my own post, they do have the manuals online, and it
appears to be actual drum capacity, which is standard practice. The 3 1/2 cubic
foot model lists the following maximum load, but yah gotta do the math:

2 gallons water
3 shovels cement
15 shovels aggregate

That's using a size 3 shovel.

I'm not sure how much concrete that makes using the shovel counting method, but
two gallons of water is what you would use for (2) 80 lb bags of Quickrete,
which seems about max for a 3 1/2 cubic foot model.

--
Dennis

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary Pewitt

I have the 3 1/2 cu ft model. It does take two bags of ready mix. I
do not like the motor mount. It's a bitch to try to align the belts,
tighten the belts, and tighten the bolts at the same time. Definitely
a two man job. I am going to make a better motor mount using a
captive screw to tighten the belt. Other than that it not a bad tool
for the money.
73 Gary

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:48:36 -0500, (DT)
wrote:

Well, to follow up on my own post, they do have the manuals online, and it
appears to be actual drum capacity, which is standard practice. The 3 1/2 cubic
foot model lists the following maximum load, but yah gotta do the math:

2 gallons water
3 shovels cement
15 shovels aggregate

That's using a size 3 shovel.

I'm not sure how much concrete that makes using the shovel counting method, but
two gallons of water is what you would use for (2) 80 lb bags of Quickrete,
which seems about max for a 3 1/2 cubic foot model.

Gary Pewitt N9ZSV
Sturgeon's Law "Ninety percent of everything is crap"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons

In article ,
says...
Awl--

Inyone have one? Does it work?

They work for laundry...
http://www.hollowtop.com/cls_html/stone_cabin.htm

That's my uncle's HF mixer that made a lot concrete for his slip formed
cabin. I helped him pour the footings and was skeptical that the POS
mixer would last the week I was there, but I know he used it pretty hard
for at least two years.

Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"DT" wrote in message
I'm not sure how much concrete that makes using the shovel counting
method, but
two gallons of water is what you would use for (2) 80 lb bags of
Quickrete,
which seems about max for a 3 1/2 cubic foot model.

When mixing with Portland:

6 bags per yard
6 gallons per bag
2 gallons = 1/18 of a yard or 1.5 cu. ft.

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Neil,
I read your Uncle's page on the house build. What a great project.
What a craftsman! I was worried though when there was no 2005
installment. Everything still going ahead?

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

You've had to have done concrete work to really appreciate that. wow...
I had to take off from work, after a ****ty little patch job!!
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
In article . com,
says...
Neil,
I read your Uncle's page on the house build. What a great project.
What a craftsman! I was worried though when there was no 2005
installment. Everything still going ahead?

Yes, I expect he'll be headed back there in about a month. I'm not sure
it's clear from the story, but he's done the great majority of the
construction working alone. Not bad for a 70 year old guy.

Ned Simmons

Kind of OT--- How do you measure the drum capacity of a cement mixer? [email protected] Metalworking 4 December 1st 05 02:30 AM
Small cement mixer? W. Wells Home Repair 6 August 9th 05 11:14 PM
Where can I shop for construction equipment (i.e. cement mixer) [Vancouver area]? Ken Moiarty Home Repair 13 August 5th 05 06:35 AM
Manual cement mixer? Lobster UK diy 15 May 26th 05 03:35 PM
Petrol Cement Mixer - which fuel to use? Shabs UK diy 4 November 12th 04 05:20 PM