peter

Default Looking for metalworkers who use recovered/recycled materials

Hello. We're opening a 2000SF gallery/showroom called DejaDesign that
features primarily utilitarian objects made all or in part from
recovered elements. Because space is limited we've held back on
outright art pieces incorporating recycled "raw" materials but will
consider them under certain circumstances. Our preference is that
within the piece/pieces that the recovered element is clearly
recognizeable.

Being a start-up we are able to make some wholesale purchases but are
also open to consignment arrangements. Thanks for your time and
intertest.

Peter
jim rozen

In article , peter says...

Hello. We're opening a 2000SF gallery/showroom called DejaDesign that
features primarily utilitarian objects made all or in part from
recovered elements.

Is used machinery included under 'recovered elements?'

Jim

please reply to:

peter

"Randy Zimmerman" wrote in message news:3ly3c.757103$X%5.456788@pd7tw2no...
Maybe they are floating it on some rich Gagliano Grant leftover :'))
Obviously working forty hours a week just doesn't cut it nowadays.
Ya gotta shovel it higher and throw it farther than everyone else.
Randy

And this is located on which planet?
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Hello, and as originator I'm always surprised that it's worth peoples
time to ridicule an honest post. I assume in the reponses that I
wasn't clear as to what DejaDesign is all about. Recovered elements
pieces in this case means candlesticks made of tranmission gears,
tables made (in part) from motorcycle rotors, an 50's era air raid
siren end table, bicycle wheel stools and chairs--need more
examples?-- so do I which is why I put it out there.

As to being from another planet, the idea is to try to find more
creative uses for the "junk" that we so easily dispose of on our own.
In a lot of cases, re-created and reinvented it has a second chance.
Obviously that seems a naive concept to some.

Peter
DejaDesign

Jim Wilson

peter wrote...
As to being from another planet, the idea is to try to find more
creative uses for the "junk" that we so easily dispose of on our own.
In a lot of cases, re-created and reinvented it has a second chance.
Obviously that seems a naive concept to some.

Not at all. The point was that you didn't give your location. Did you see
the smileys? You were getting a gentle reminder of something that is
often important, and yet often neglected.

Jim
Leo Lichtman

"Jim Wilson" wrote: (clip) You were getting a gentle reminder of something
that is often important, and yet often neglected.
Right on, Jim. At the risk of engendering further hostility, I will point
out to Peter that when you are asking for something, it is better to act
friendly. I love to do art with recycled objects, but two things are
holding me back: 1.) I still don't know where you are located. 2.) I'm
not sure, now, that I want to deal with someone as unfriendly as you seem to
be.