Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default OOOPS!!!

http://www.jumpingpixels.com/shiphight.html

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia

Gunner wrote:
http://www.jumpingpixels.com/shiphight.html

- Proverbs 22:3

I'm guessing maybe the skipper was half in the bag at the time.

Any idea when and where than happened?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Gunner wrote:
http://www.jumpingpixels.com/shiphight.html

- Proverbs 22:3

I'm guessing maybe the skipper was half in the bag at the time.

Any idea when and where than happened?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

The bridge can clearly be seen lowering in the seconds before impact, so
I'm not sure the skipper is at fault (or entirely at fault).

Pete C.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:44:24 -0500, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Gunner wrote:
http://www.jumpingpixels.com/shiphight.html

- Proverbs 22:3

I'm guessing maybe the skipper was half in the bag at the time.

Any idea when and where than happened?

Jeff

No idea. Holland Rd. G

But if he wasnt drunk at the time..Im sure he was not long after.....

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sunworshipper

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 19:48:44 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

http://www.jumpingpixels.com/shiphight.html

- Proverbs 22:3

Looks like the bridge is coming down too early.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Green

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

http://www.jumpingpixels.com/shiphight.html

I'm guessing maybe the skipper was half in the bag at the time.

Any idea when and where than happened?

Jeff

No idea. Holland Rd. G

But if he wasnt drunk at the time..Im sure he was not long after.....

Gunner

It happened on the Welland Canal in southern Ontario in 2001. Lots of
news cuttings can be found here........

http://www.welland.library.on.ca/dig...ping/allan.htm

--
Larry Green
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

"Gunner" wrote in message
http://www.jumpingpixels.com/shiphight.html

- Proverbs 22:3

WOW. Now I don't feel so bad about that time I smacked the drive through
overhang at Jack in the Box.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia

wrote:

http://www.jumpingpixels.com/shiphight.html

- Proverbs 22:3

Looks like the bridge is coming down too early.

That appears to be what happened, so I take back my question about
whether the captain was a bit soused.

Maybe it was the bridge operator who was "two sheets to the wind".

Apparently either human error or a mechanical/electrical failure caused
the bridge to lower while the boat was passing under it.

http://tinyurl.com/mwp3z

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

wrote:

http://www.jumpingpixels.com/shiphight.html

the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." - Proverbs
22:3

Looks like the bridge is coming down too early.

That appears to be what happened, so I take back my question about whether
the captain was a bit soused.

Maybe it was the bridge operator who was "two sheets to the wind".

Apparently either human error or a mechanical/electrical failure caused
the bridge to lower while the boat was passing under it.

http://tinyurl.com/mwp3z

Jeff

Boy, how would you have liked to be in the wheelhouse and seen THAT coming?
(!) Most of the excitement wasn't shown. Anyone killed or hurt? I know
the links to the newspaper stories were posted, but I didn't go there.
Anyone care to put this in a nutshell or repost links?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Green

On 21/03/06 12:50 AM, Steve B wrote:
I know
the links to the newspaper stories were posted, but I didn't go there.
Anyone care to put this in a nutshell or repost links?

Steve

Here's the link I put up for several newspaper clippings.

http://www.welland.library.on.ca/dig...ping/allan.htm

--
Larry Green

OOOPS. The Sweat and Tears - NOW the B L O O D . . . Connor Aston Woodworking 33 March 10th 06 07:02 PM
Ooops - sanded lined painted walls [email protected] UK diy 3 August 28th 05 04:43 PM
big OOOPS hex Woodworking 10 March 19th 05 04:37 AM
Petrol in a Diesel car (ooops). Steve Hall UK diy 79 August 13th 04 10:38 PM
Ooops jim rozen Metalworking 10 November 29th 03 01:28 AM