Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Barry S.

Default Air Compressor Distribution Manifold?

I have a 2 stage wheelbarrow (gas) compressor. (15 CFM @ 175 psi)
The air outlet is 3/8". I presently have it reduced down for 1/4" air
lines and connectors.

Does anyone make a manifold that takes a compressor output and has a
½", 3/8", and a couple of 1/4" outlets? I could probably make one out
of copper tubing, but it seems like something I should be able to buy.

__________________
Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

Barry S. wrote:
I have a 2 stage wheelbarrow (gas) compressor. (15 CFM @ 175 psi)
The air outlet is 3/8". I presently have it reduced down for 1/4" air
lines and connectors.

Does anyone make a manifold that takes a compressor output and has a
½", 3/8", and a couple of 1/4" outlets? I could probably make one out
of copper tubing, but it seems like something I should be able to buy.

What, they don't sell plumbing fittings where you live? :-)

GWE
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Barry S.

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 19:37:20 -0500, Ned Simmons
wrote:

In article ,
says...
I have a 2 stage wheelbarrow (gas) compressor. (15 CFM @ 175 psi)
The air outlet is 3/8". I presently have it reduced down for 1/4" air
lines and connectors.

Does anyone make a manifold that takes a compressor output and has a
=3F", 3/8", and a couple of 1/4" outlets? I could probably make one out
of copper tubing, but it seems like something I should be able to buy.

See McMaster-Carr pp.178-179
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Ned Simmons

That looks like a good place to start.. Thank you.

__________________
Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Barry S.

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 16:00:19 -0800, Grant Erwin
wrote:

Barry S. wrote:
I have a 2 stage wheelbarrow (gas) compressor. (15 CFM @ 175 psi)
The air outlet is 3/8". I presently have it reduced down for 1/4" air
lines and connectors.

Does anyone make a manifold that takes a compressor output and has a
½", 3/8", and a couple of 1/4" outlets? I could probably make one out
of copper tubing, but it seems like something I should be able to buy.

What, they don't sell plumbing fittings where you live? :-)

GWE

They absolutely do! It just seemed like more trouble to get a bunch
of Tee's and then reduce them down with bushings, but I might do that
too.

__________________
Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard J Kinch

Grant Erwin writes:

What, they don't sell plumbing fittings where you live?

He wants a brass block with a bunch of NPT threaded holes. Not a bushel
basket of tees, nipples, and adapters.

You could certainly make one yourself. Brass stock from Enco, tap/drill
from the auto parts store, if you're not already so equipped.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ken Cutt

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
Yeah, like Grant said, just plumb it--and no need for brass or copper, just
black fittings.

They also make 1/2 x 1/4 T's, which are nice for this, and proly 1/2 x 3/8
as well. You could "start" the manifold w/ a 1/2" "cross"--a T w/ a 4th
opening.
Put female quick disconnects (HD) on each outlet--mebbe a ball valve or two.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Barry S." wrote in message

I have a 2 stage wheelbarrow (gas) compressor. (15 CFM @ 175 psi)
The air outlet is 3/8". I presently have it reduced down for 1/4" air
lines and connectors.

Does anyone make a manifold that takes a compressor output and has a
½", 3/8", and a couple of 1/4" outlets? I could probably make one out
of copper tubing, but it seems like something I should be able to buy.

__________________
Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with
'mail'.

This is the way I would go . One cross , two reducers and then the
female fittings . Easy cheap and compact . If looks are the goal get it
all gold plated ;-) . Luck
Ken Cutt
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:54:25 -0700, Barry S.
wrote:

I have a 2 stage wheelbarrow (gas) compressor. (15 CFM @ 175 psi)
The air outlet is 3/8". I presently have it reduced down for 1/4" air
lines and connectors.

Does anyone make a manifold that takes a compressor output and has a
½", 3/8", and a couple of 1/4" outlets? I could probably make one out
of copper tubing, but it seems like something I should be able to buy.

__________________
Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'.

Hey Barry,

Anyplace that sells any kind of air tools or equipment will have
something like what you want, except that the 1/2" is more than
normal. Have a quick peek at :

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=47904

I have this style with more than the number of ports shown, but you
could easily just join two together (end to end) to have more.
then just drill and tap two out to what you want (the 1/2 and the
3/8), or go with bushings in the 1/4 ports.

The use of individual pieces of black or galvanized suggested by some
others will turn this "less than 5 bucks" gadget into 20 bucks really
quickly, as this stuff that used to be so cheap is now getting to be a
few bucks per each fitting, and as much as 5 for a cross.

Take care. Good luck

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:02:40 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Barry S. quickly quoth:

I have a 2 stage wheelbarrow (gas) compressor. (15 CFM @ 175 psi)
The air outlet is 3/8". I presently have it reduced down for 1/4" air
lines and connectors.

Does anyone make a manifold that takes a compressor output and has a
½", 3/8", and a couple of 1/4" outlets? I could probably make one out
of copper tubing, but it seems like something I should be able to buy.

will get you close to what you seek. The hardware or plumbing supply
store will complete the size changes.

The more we gripe, * http://www.diversify.com/stees.html
the longer God makes us live. * Graphic Design - Humorous T-shirts

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 23:17:07 -0600, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Grant Erwin writes:

What, they don't sell plumbing fittings where you live?

He wants a brass block with a bunch of NPT threaded holes. Not a bushel
basket of tees, nipples, and adapters.

You could certainly make one yourself. Brass stock from Enco, tap/drill
from the auto parts store, if you're not already so equipped.

I make my own out of aluminum. Using drops of 1.5" x 1" (or around
that size) by 6" long, I drll a hole down the center, tap both ends,
add either a plug or gauge to one end..then drill and tap a series of
holes in line with the hole down the center, add a couple holes on
each end for mounting and voila..a decent manifold made out of scrap
stock

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

"Barry S." wrote in message

I have a 2 stage wheelbarrow (gas) compressor. (15 CFM @ 175 psi)
The air outlet is 3/8". I presently have it reduced down for 1/4" air
lines and connectors.

Does anyone make a manifold that takes a compressor output and has a
½", 3/8", and a couple of 1/4" outlets? I could probably make one out
of copper tubing, but it seems like something I should be able to buy.

__________________
Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with
'mail'.

This is the way I would go . One cross , two reducers and then the
female fittings . Easy cheap and compact . If looks are the goal get it
all gold plated ;-) . Luck
Ken Cutt

I made all my own from 1.5x 1" aluminum bar stock. I drilled
lengthwise, tapped both ends, drilled and tapped the various ports in
the middle and so forth.

A very easy and rather fun project and you can make em anyway you
wish.

Round, square rectangular etc.

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if
nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace
personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed,
the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of
defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see
police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line
of defense." --Walter Williams
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
sylvan butler

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:28:05 -0500, Brian Lawson wrote:
On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:54:25 -0700, Barry S.
Does anyone make a manifold that takes a compressor output and has a
½", 3/8", and a couple of 1/4" outlets? I could probably make one out
of copper tubing, but it seems like something I should be able to buy.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=47904

I have this style with more than the number of ports shown, but you

Probably like this one:

http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/13795.htm

sdb

sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com