Homemade ring roller

Old February 11th 04, 07:16 AM
Ronnie Lyons, Meridian, Idaho

Default Homemade ring roller

I would like to have a ring roller, but can't stomach $4-500 for one.
They look simple enough to make using a 2 ton bottle jack. Anyone have
any plans, photo's, etc, or sources for homemade equipment plans?
Thanks!
Ronnie
Old February 11th 04, 05:26 PM
Keith Marshall

What size stock do you want to roll? Harbor Freight sells one for $50 that
will handle 3/16" x 1" or up to 1/4" round stock.

Also, if Homier brings their truckload tool sales to your area they have one
for $100 that's a knockoff of the one sold by Shop Outfitters:

http://www.shopoutfitters.com/Products/238.htm

I've been to two of their sales and have seen a demo at both. Unfortunately
they didn't have any to sell and they don't show it on their Web site but
you can at least get a look at the demo and see how simple the design is.
Get on their mailing list and they'll email you whenever they're going to be
in your area.

http://www.homier.com

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

om...

Old February 11th 04, 10:49 PM
Ronnie Lyons, Meridian, Idaho

OK, I'm having a hard time getting this thing to open, even when I get
the link to work correctly. Can someone send me this photo directly,
or Don, can you contact me directly and send me the file? Thanks!
Ronnie