Ronnie Lyons, Meridian, Idaho

Default Homemade ring roller

I would like to have a ring roller, but can't stomach $4-500 for one.
They look simple enough to make using a 2 ton bottle jack. Anyone have
any plans, photo's, etc, or sources for homemade equipment plans?
Thanks!
Ronnie
Keith Marshall

What size stock do you want to roll? Harbor Freight sells one for $50 that
will handle 3/16" x 1" or up to 1/4" round stock.

Also, if Homier brings their truckload tool sales to your area they have one
for $100 that's a knockoff of the one sold by Shop Outfitters:

http://www.shopoutfitters.com/Products/238.htm

I've been to two of their sales and have seen a demo at both. Unfortunately
they didn't have any to sell and they don't show it on their Web site but
you can at least get a look at the demo and see how simple the design is.
Get on their mailing list and they'll email you whenever they're going to be
in your area.

http://www.homier.com

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"Ronnie Lyons, Meridian, Idaho" wrote in message
om...
I would like to have a ring roller, but can't stomach $4-500 for one.
They look simple enough to make using a 2 ton bottle jack. Anyone have
any plans, photo's, etc, or sources for homemade equipment plans?
Thanks!
Ronnie

Ronnie Lyons, Meridian, Idaho

OK, I'm having a hard time getting this thing to open, even when I get
the link to work correctly. Can someone send me this photo directly,
or Don, can you contact me directly and send me the file? Thanks!
Ronnie