Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

Default Silly project: binding posts

Warning: metal content.

http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/binding_posts/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney

Geeze Don, vann ize as they say in CA!

Bob Swinney .

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
Warning: metal content.

http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/binding_posts/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Keith Marshall

Geez, do you suppose I could sell these to audiophiles for $150 each?
Gold plated binding posts to grab their 10-gage gold-plated speaker wire,
nyaaahhh!

You would need to have them crygenically treated first. :-)

http://www.kasaudio.com/accessories.asp

http://www.cryogenicsinternational.com/audio.htm

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
Warning: metal content.

http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/binding_posts/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Fred R

Don Foreman wrote:
Warning: metal content.

http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/binding_posts/

Very nice! But if you want to sell them to audiophiles you'll need to
charge $1500 for a pair and rave on about how they improve the tonal
flatulence or something.

--
Fred R
"It doesn't really take all kinds; there just *are* all kinds".
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
azotic

"Fred R" "spam wrote in message
Don Foreman wrote:
Warning: metal content.
http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/binding_posts/

Very nice! But if you want to sell them to audiophiles you'll need to
charge $1500 for a pair and rave on about how they improve the tonal
flatulence or something.

These binding posts were designed incorporating elements of string theory
providing distortion free electron movement troughout the electromagnetic
spectrum in all eleven parallel dimensions. The electrons arrive at the
speakers
before they leave your amplifier so there will never be any loss of audio
quality
due to phase shift caused by a impedence deprived standard binding posts.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:28:16 GMT, the renowned Fred R "spam
wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:
Warning: metal content.

http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/binding_posts/

Very nice! But if you want to sell them to audiophiles you'll need to
charge $1500 for a pair and rave on about how they improve the tonal
flatulence or something.

Individually hand-machined from cryogenically treated billet.
Transient attacks are crisp and the sound stage has that layered depth
previously heard only from the most expensive binding posts. Bass is
tight and extended; highs are pure, with none of the harshness you
usually hear.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia

Don Foreman wrote:
Warning: metal content.

http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/binding_posts/

They are far too beautiful for me to use my "gilding a turd" expression
for them.

Plus, I spent a couple of hours last week "engineering" and making a one
off custom magnetic catch to keep the folding door on our front hall
coat closet from springing back open if someone was careless about how
they hung up a heavy coat and left it bulging out enough to push the
door back open.

The existing compression spring at the end of the door track which was
supposed to work by pushing against the edge of the closed door so that
it had to toggle a bit to open because the center hinge pivots are
coplanar with (plus a tiny bit) the inside of the door wasn't strong
enough to do its job right.

I used a 3/4" diameter rare earth magnet set in a turned steel cup on an
aluminum bracket mounted near the center of the top of the door frame
where it could it grab a piece of 18 gage steel screwed to the back of
the door adjacent to where it "folds". That sucker held the door closed
so well I had to put a couple of layers of masking tape on the steel to
ease it up a bit.

Not THAT was turd gilding for sure...

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:23:40 GMT, "Keith Marshall"
wrote:

Geez, do you suppose I could sell these to audiophiles for $150 each?
Gold plated binding posts to grab their 10-gage gold-plated speaker wire,
nyaaahhh!

You would need to have them crygenically treated first. :-)

No problem. I'll just set them out on the deck for a few days, here
in MN!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 06:36:41 -0800, "azotic" wrote:

"Fred R" "spam wrote in message
m...
Don Foreman wrote:
Warning: metal content.
http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/binding_posts/

Very nice! But if you want to sell them to audiophiles you'll need to
charge $1500 for a pair and rave on about how they improve the tonal
flatulence or something.

These binding posts were designed incorporating elements of string theory
providing distortion free electron movement troughout the electromagnetic
spectrum in all eleven parallel dimensions. The electrons arrive at the
speakers
before they leave your amplifier so there will never be any loss of audio
quality
due to phase shift caused by a impedence deprived standard binding posts.

Best Regards
Tom.

Oooooo I LIKE IT!!!

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ken Sterling

Warning: metal content.

http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/binding_posts/

And.... 200 years from now, someone will find them and say "Now,
THAT'S how stuff USED to be made by the good companies..."
Ken.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Fred R

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Individually hand-machined from cryogenically treated billet.
Transient attacks are crisp and the sound stage has that layered depth
previously heard only from the most expensive binding posts. Bass is
tight and extended; highs are pure, with none of the harshness you
usually hear.

That is eerily like the magazines - do you write for them? ;^)
--
Fred R
"It doesn't really take all kinds; there just *are* all kinds".
Drop TROU to email.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
Warning: metal content.

http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/binding_posts/

ARRRGgghhh! I have 502 days left till I can go play in the shopp all day
and make pretty little doodads like that
Nice job Don!

Glenn

Set fence posts in concrete or use Metposts? DIY Novice UK diy 6 June 3rd 04 10:26 PM
Garden fence posts Mortimer UK diy 8 February 6th 04 11:50 AM
Project time management Philosophy Tom Gardner Metalworking 11 October 5th 03 05:40 PM
Bay Area Dave - Follow on questions about floring project Len Rauth Woodworking 0 September 3rd 03 04:03 PM
Concrete Fence Posts - setting out Rick Hughes UK diy 4 July 11th 03 08:45 PM