Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve

Default Tap Drill/Metric-SAE conversion Chart?

When ever I'm hanging out in my Ole Machinist friends shop, I always notice
several of these very large charts hanging on the walls. Large enough you
could read them from 10 ft away.

In fact over the years (pre-Machinist Wanna-be day) I think I have had such
charts and just moved on without saving them.

I have small 8.5X11 versions of these charts that I have downloaded or found
in the trade books, but they don't enlarge very well and should be on heavy
stock poster material.

When I ask my Ole Machinist friend about them (hoping he will pull one out
and offer it as a gift), he recalls getting them from vendors at the Trade
Shows, year ago.

Where can I get a good, comprehensive, chart on heavy stock (without going
to a trade shows, sorry)??

Does anyone remember seeing them on eBay??

Thanks,

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Chuck Sherwood

Where can I get a good, comprehensive, chart on heavy stock (without going
to a trade shows, sorry)??

The kennedy tool box rep gave me one when I bought a toolbox at KBC.
Prehaps you can buy one from MSC or MMC.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I just did a search for "drill chart" on ebay and found several items.
Here's one for a Starret wall chart you can "Buy-it now" for $6. Item
#7587473848

http://cgi.ebay.com/STARRETT-WALL-CH...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not associated with the seller in anyway.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Erik

Reminds me of an incident years ago... a place I worked at had this huge
old decimal equivalents chart. It was a little stained and shop worn,
but wonderful, you could easily read it from anywhere in the shop. Never
seen another like it. Don't recall it having any advertising on it
either.

One day we came back from lunch, and found it down off the wall, and
stuffed in the trash.

Seems the cleaning guy yanked it down... when asked about it, he said
"oh that old ugly thing, it was all out of date anyway"

Erik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Traverse Tool, Queens, NY 1800 221 0270. travers.com
Used to give'em away at their counter, in cardboard mailing tubes. We had
dozens, at one point. Not bad. Drill/tapping as well, incl. npt. Very
good marketing/repeat sales tool.

Their catalog has an 8.5x11 version, in color, which might enlarge well.

Not a bad catalog, very user friendly. Not as voluminous as MSC/McM, but
much better laid out, full color.
They even brag about the paper they use, a special "brite white" that reads
better under dim lighting.... Nuthin like bein proud, eh??
Oh, and their 2006 catalog has an *extensive* conversion chart for every
goddamm quantity you can possibly think of, mebbe even incl light-years to
miles...
AND a glossary!!

They ****ed me off, tho, when, in their already ostentatious building (off
the Whitestone Expressway), they put up a 1.25" plexiglass divider on the
counter, like a goddamm bank.
But, they kept the counter gerlz wearing halter tops.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
om...