EBG

Default Texture spray painting

Does anyone know what's involved in spraying a texture finish?

I think it requires a special tip(s)? Or does it take a special gun?

I have a small automotive touch up gun that I use often.....can I get a tip
for it?

Tried searching the web for some "industrial paint supply" places but no
luck.

THANKS for any help.

jim

EBG wrote:

Does anyone know what's involved in spraying a texture finish?

I think it requires a special tip(s)? Or does it take a special gun?

I have a small automotive touch up gun that I use often.....can I get a tip
for it?

Tried searching the web for some "industrial paint supply" places but no
luck.

THANKS for any help.

i think if you talking about the crackle effect or such??? then its in
the paint.. the chemials make the paint bubble or crack and thats the
way it comes out the spray can like the smooth finished do from the same
can.......
Ed Angell

"EBG" wrote in message
Does anyone know what's involved in spraying a texture finish?

I think it requires a special tip(s)? Or does it take a special gun?

I have a small automotive touch up gun that I use often.....can I get a

tip
for it?

Tried searching the web for some "industrial paint supply" places but no
luck.

THANKS for any help.

Texture guns usually have the cup pressurized so you can feed a very

large amount of paint out of the nozzle and tips that will feed paint with a
minimal amount of atomizing.

If the application is not to picky, you can hook a pressurized garden
sprayer to the fluid inlet of a standard gun, turn the fan control to zero,
cut down the air and get a fairly good spatter texture. You have to
experiment with air pressure to the gun and paint viscosity to get the
spatter size right.

Ed Angell

Ed Angell

CROQ

"EBG" wrote in message
Does anyone know what's involved in spraying a texture finish?

I think it requires a special tip(s)? Or does it take a special gun?

I have a small automotive touch up gun that I use often.....can I get

a tip
for it?

Tried searching the web for some "industrial paint supply" places but

no
luck.

THANKS for any help.

One method is to use spraycans of undercoating or an undercoating gun,
they're cheap, then prime and color over it.

Here is a blurb from a PPG product:
""""Note: Increasing or reducing the amount of thinner used will result
in reducing
or increasing the pattern (texture) of ROADGUARD.
Over Thinning = Pattern Diminishes
Under Thinning (Siphon Feed Gun) = Pattern Increases
Higher Air Pressure = Pattern Tightens
Lower Air Pressure = Poor Atomization
Gun Distance Too Far = Coarse Pattern
Gun Distance Too Close = Smooth Pattern"""""

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:21:12 -0500, "EBG"
brought forth from the murky depths:

Does anyone know what's involved in spraying a texture finish?

I think it requires a special tip(s)? Or does it take a special gun?

I have a small automotive touch up gun that I use often.....can I get a tip
for it?

Drywall texture? I think it's a special setup.

Get a spatter gun from HFT for $25.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=2471

Save the + http://www.diversify.com
Endangered SKEETS! + Web Application Programming

Chris Kuether

For smallish items you can get 'stone texture' paint in a standard spray
can -- from the 'art supply' store here. Works well, but isn't really a
durable finish ...

chris

R Laury

Normally it's done with a gravity fed HVPL gun.
First spay the base coat as you normally would.
Wait about 15 min for the base coat to "flash" or film over.
Then reduce the air pressure very low. 5 - 8 PSI works for me.
Test your spray on some test paper and make sure the droplets are
what your looking for. Normally you'll spray about 2 1/2 ft back from to
object
to get a good even coverage. Reduce the pressure to make the droplets
larger,
increase the pressure to make them finer.
Clean up, go have a beer. :-)