joel

Default clausing-colchester info needed

I just picked up a VS-13 clausing colchester lathe.

looking for a lube chart, spec sheet, parts diagram, and a general
manual for one.

also, does anyone know what size motor is in one of these? I can't seem
to find a label on it and i need to find out to spec my phase converter.

thanks,
--joel

--
remove xxnospamxx to reach me.
Dixon

"joel" wrote in message
I just picked up a VS-13 clausing colchester lathe.

looking for a lube chart, spec sheet, parts diagram, and a general
manual for one.

also, does anyone know what size motor is in one of these? I can't seem
to find a label on it and i need to find out to spec my phase converter.

thanks,
--joel

--
remove xxnospamxx to reach me.

I might have the info you need. Is your lathe the rounder headstock model or
the newer squarer one? Also, is it a two speed motor?

Dixon

Proctologically Violated©®

"joel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Dixon" wrote:

"joel" wrote in message
I just picked up a VS-13 clausing colchester lathe.

looking for a lube chart, spec sheet, parts diagram, and a general
manual for one.

also, does anyone know what size motor is in one of these? I can't seem
to find a label on it and i need to find out to spec my phase
converter.

thanks,
--joel

--
remove xxnospamxx to reach me.

I might have the info you need. Is your lathe the rounder headstock model
or
the newer squarer one? Also, is it a two speed motor?

Dixon

it looks to be quite square. this model is a variable speed, 13" with
english and metric threading, so i don't know if the motor has two
speeds. i suspect it's a single speed.

I didn't know they made a variable speed. Maybe it *seems* like a VS cuz
the clutch on the squarehead is slipping!
Does it have sort of colored concentric levers on the front?
You can check f'sure by the serial number, proly stamped on the front side
of bed, near the end. A machinery dealer can then check it for you.

Clausing-corporate still exists, right? Could run it by them. Parts are a
real bitch $-wise.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

--j

--
remove xxnospamxx to reach me.

Proctologically Violated©®

Oh yeah,
where'd you pick this up, what did it come with, and what'dja pay fer it?
I'm so jealous....
What condition is it in?
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"joel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Dixon" wrote:

"joel" wrote in message
[...]

Rotty

"joel" wrote in message
I just picked up a VS-13 clausing colchester lathe.

looking for a lube chart, spec sheet, parts diagram, and a general
manual for one.

Hi Joel,
Have a look on www.lathes.co.uk/colchester/
Regards. Rotty UK

Mike Henry

"joel" wrote in message
I just picked up a VS-13 clausing colchester lathe.

looking for a lube chart, spec sheet, parts diagram, and a general
manual for one.

also, does anyone know what size motor is in one of these? I can't seem
to find a label on it and i need to find out to spec my phase converter.

Clausing can probably supply a manual:

http://www.clausing-industrial.com/service-redirect.htm

I don't know about the Colchester models but they seem to price domestic
manuals for $5-25.

CAMCOMPCO

I got one, have the manual too. Send me a pic or two of the lathe and
I'll see if I can help. I can jot down all of the specs for ya
assuming we have the same type. Is it 600 series?

Take a peek at mine and tell me if your is the same

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d/MVC-001F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d/MVC-002F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d/MVC-006F.jpg

John

John

Gunner Asch

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 23:45:01 -0000, "Rotty"
wrote:

"joel" wrote in message
I just picked up a VS-13 clausing colchester lathe.

looking for a lube chart, spec sheet, parts diagram, and a general
manual for one.

Hi Joel,
Have a look on www.lathes.co.uk/colchester/
Regards. Rotty UK

If it looks like the Mk 2
http://www.lathes.co.uk/colchester/page2.html

Its got a two speed motor, operated by the horizontal lever with the
ball on it, at the join between the headstock and gear box

And it has a 3hp motor on it. Or at least..mine does

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

"CAMCOMPCO" wrote:

I got one, have the manual too. Send me a pic or two of the lathe and
I'll see if I can help. I can jot down all of the specs for ya
assuming we have the same type. Is it 600 series?

Take a peek at mine and tell me if your is the same

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d/MVC-001F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d/MVC-002F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d/MVC-006F.jpg

That sorta looks like what I used in a shop class in community
college. What did you have to give for it?

Wes S
--
Reply to:
Whiskey Echo Sierra Sierra AT Alpha Charlie Echo Golf Romeo Oscar Paul dot Charlie Charlie

joel

In article om,
"CAMCOMPCO" wrote:

I got one, have the manual too. Send me a pic or two of the lathe and
I'll see if I can help. I can jot down all of the specs for ya
assuming we have the same type. Is it 600 series?

Take a peek at mine and tell me if your is the same

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d/MVC-001F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d/MVC-002F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d/MVC-006F.jpg

John

John

not the same. mine is significantly larger and has a completely
different front on it. thanks for the help though!

--j

--
remove xxnospamxx to reach me.
joel

wrote:

"joel" wrote in message
I just picked up a VS-13 clausing colchester lathe.

looking for a lube chart, spec sheet, parts diagram, and a general
manual for one.

Hi Joel,
Have a look on www.lathes.co.uk/colchester/
Regards. Rotty UK

If it looks like the Mk 2
http://www.lathes.co.uk/colchester/page2.html

Its got a two speed motor, operated by the horizontal lever with the
ball on it, at the join between the headstock and gear box

And it has a 3hp motor on it. Or at least..mine does

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

thanks to lathes.co.uk! found the model that i have:
http://www.lathes.co.uk/colchester/page18.html it's the model 8028
varispeed. on top of what's shown, it also has a brake, and a full
coolant setup. I also happened to get one that someone put a really nice
sony DRO on. disgustingly precise too: this particular DRO resolves down
to .0001. now i just need to get the manuals...

--j

--
remove xxnospamxx to reach me.