Honest A Babin

Default Nitro shells in damascus barrel shotgun

You guys are give me very bad advice.
I wrote two mon months ago hasving the concern for using modern shot
shells in the old damnascus balleled shotgun made in old country and
made and used by my uncle.
I got nothing but encouragements to keep shootiong since the old
barrels are stronger and accurater.
Whover suggeste d the 3.5" nitro was very much wrong and I am now left
the hospital with badly scaring left hand from blowing up one barrels.
Please people especially with the hollendays comeintg to be carfeful
posting questions here on rcm. I try to help with answers but when AI
need help I get hurt. My stupid kid neighbor says karma but I say whT?

i CAQNT RUN THE PAINT BRUSHER NOW SO will have to go back to KMArt to
work for extra christmas money this year for Hilde and the boys.
My uncle merkel's shotgun prototyper gun is twisted klike a
corkingscrewer and the wood forearm flying hit me in the crotch when it
blew up!
My sons will keep selling the machines and tooling but the cuemaking is
stopped for awhile more.
Please my friends don't listen to everythi9ng you read here,
Thank you.
Al
Al Babin & Sons
ISO 9000 compiaint job shop. Tebuilding and refurbishments to machine
tools and repairs. KMart Bristol cashier register 12. Custom pool
cues and covers now taking order for Fall '08 delivers.

Bob May

First off, if anybody gave you encouragement towards shooting a gun like
that iwth modern high power shells was indeed giving you bad advice but you
have to remember that you got free advice from a place where the subject was
offtipic and not necessarily correct because of this.
It would have been a lot better to have the advice come from the local
gunshop where they are knowledgable about guns and are interested in their
customers not being hurt by such things.
Old guns in general weren't built to the standards of today's guns and ammo
and that is common sense. That you got hurt by your own lack of common
sense is more your problem.
I'll also note that your name is pretty much not liked around this group die
to nasty things done by that person to those on the group. Whether you were
the person that actually got that bad name is irrelevant as there are those
that just don't care and anybody named Babin or variations of that name gets
the scorn from some members of the group and they wish the individual all
the pain that they can.

--
Why do penguins walk so far to get to their nesting grounds?

Don Bruder

In article . com,
"Honest A Babin" wrote:

You guys are give me very bad advice.
I wrote two mon months ago hasving the concern for using modern shot
shells in the old damnascus balleled shotgun made in old country and
made and used by my uncle.
I got nothing but encouragements to keep shootiong since the old
barrels are stronger and accurater.
Whover suggeste d the 3.5" nitro was very much wrong and I am now left
the hospital with badly scaring left hand from blowing up one barrels.

Sounds like a good place for you, "honest" Al...

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html for full details.
wmbjk

On 18 Oct 2005 11:24:17 -0700, "Honest A Babin"
wrote:

[...]

Sorry about that.

Under our double-refund policy (NA on political advice transactions),
please accept two of our "Fluid Secrets" free of charge.
1. Brake fluid is really good for cleaning bugs off your car.
2. Tapping fluid will cure an upset stomach.

Oh, and get well soon!

Wayne,
RCM Customer Service Department
Honest A Babin

It would have been a lot better to have the advice come from the local
gunshop where they are knowledgable about guns and are interested in
their
customers not being hurt by such things.

The local gun guys won't talk to me since I sold them the rebuild
Southwend latheturner for thei business. Comlain like babies about the
changegears making too much clatter. I said to remove and turn each
gear around would quiet rebuild lather.
They said to stick up the 4200 which is no money for rebuilded 9X28
model A southbend. My own first real lather was a colchester which I
pounded wood wedges under the top levers to keep in gears. I didn't
wind cause I made money turning out prototype pool cues and micropolish
of hardened precision gage parts for a welknown new english toolmaker.
I go tto KMArt to staryt my shift now but will remember the rcm
maimbers and what they did to me again this chridtmas
I' am here to help but get the stick for mthanks.
Al
H W Babin & Sons
ISO9000 sertified job shop. Better than factory new Rebuiding and
repaqir of machine tools. Custom pool cues and covers to keep the
leaves out in winter.

Bob Engelhardt

I suppose that everyone knows that this is a troll. There was no thread
on Damascus shotgun barrels.
woodworker88

1. Brake fluid is really good for cleaning bugs off your car.

I don't know about brake fluid, but at the shop we use a nasty solvent
that comes in a spray can called CRC BrakeClean to do everything from
cleaning oil and grease off the shop floor to killing the hornets that
live under car covers and such. Kills anything smaller than a dog
pretty much on contact.

Leo Lichtman

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote: I suppose that everyone knows that this is a troll.
There was no thread on Damascus shotgun barrels.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, but it's not easy writing in a style like that. I found it
entertaining.

Martin H. Eastburn

Default sorry Bob there was Nitro shells in damascus barrel shotgun

In my 1962 - 53rd edition of the Shooter's Bible - I got with my Match rifle -

Page 126 -an add by Stoeger - on "Damascus Browner"
"Up to the time of the Spanish-American War Damascus or "Twist" barrels represented
teh finest in steel barrels. Many of these fine guns are treasured by gun lovers
throught the world. In Keeping with our poligy of supplying "hard-to-get" items
Stoeger Arms Corporation prepares, according to the old London formula, the only
commercial browner on the market."

..... Because of the method of manufacture of Damascus barrels the grain of the metal
is so arranged that it appears in the form of irregular links or spirals.......

These sound like rifles - but large bore guns are this or that. Some look like shotguns :-)
The old Africa campaign types. Like the small Caliber .470 Nitro Express ($750.00 ) don't we wish.
Or a nice Holland and Holland Double Barrel Experss Rifle - 458 or 470 ... THe Ferlach Double express

However most of the gauge barrels are larger than most rifles - The little 410 is the exception.

Wish I could come up with a Damascus maker - just a note that it was popular...

Martin

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
I suppose that everyone knows that this is a troll. There was no thread
on Damascus shotgun barrels.

Honest A Babin

My wife Hilde found this on the googlen search.
I was mistaken wheen the event happened and boardsso I admit to
mistakes.
My hand still hurts and in all the mixups since my uncle passed I got
confused AND MUST HAVE LOADED A SLUG BUT STILL HERE ARE THE PROOFS NOT
TO BELIEVE ALL THE SDVISE YOU GET ON rmc.\
Honest Al
A BAbins & Sons
ISO9000 compliant jobs hop. Rebuilding and repairing of machine tools
CUstom pool cues and cover since 1985. Twenty years community servise
for good deeds

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
From: "Honest A Babin" - Find messages by this
author
Date: 4 Sep 2005 16:08:47 -0700
Subject: Babin - confirmed - Update

Al came through with three boards, two DOA, looks like one will be

servicable. This is consistent with my dealings & opinion of him. I
personally never did get the operating lever for my turret. Meh.

Thanks you for the kind words. One of my kids has the turrets so we
send what we can. He also makes the MEh sound sometimes and doctor
says ti is from the ticks. I post on three boards too but best people
are here. Rec Guns just saved my live and I for shooting old country
damascus barrel shotguns. I could have lost an arm or eye the way I
was going but for the grace of the Lord and the honest life helping the

people I'm still here to supporting my family with ebayers like you.
Sphero Fheeny was playing when he told me the old twist barrels could
take a 3" nitro loads I'm thinking. Can I use 12 ga slug in turkey
choker?
Thanks to again,
A Babin & Sons LLC
Certifiable ISO 9000 complaint job shop. rebuilting and repairing of
precisuon machine tools, custom pool cues and covers

Dave Hinz

On 18 Oct 2005 11:24:17 -0700, Honest A Babin wrote:
You guys are give me very bad advice.

So, this is like a meta-troll parody of an ebay scammer, or what?
I'm sure that at some level it's funny or something?
Gunner

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:57:45 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

I suppose that everyone knows that this is a troll. There was no thread
on Damascus shotgun barrels.

Actually..there was. But its a great troll none the less G

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Dave

Gunner wrote:

Actually..there was. But its a great troll none the less G

Gunner

Who is this Babin impersonater? Every once in a while, he comes here
with this *perfect* storyline, and *perfect* Babingrish.

AOLPete? The Ghost Of Teenut?

I give the entity a 9.575 on the troll meter.

Here's to you, "Mr. Sir Al Babin", Real American Hero!

~Dave
wmbjk

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:29:45 -0400, Dave wrote:

Who is this Babin impersonater? Every once in a while, he comes here
with this *perfect* storyline, and *perfect* Babingrish.

AOLPete? The Ghost Of Teenut?

I give the entity a 9.575 on the troll meter.

Here's to you, "Mr. Sir Al Babin", Real American Hero!

~Dave

Whoever he is, he must be having a good chuckle about some readers
taking his post seriously. I wasn't around for the original Al Babin
posts, but I feel like I know him from the parodies. I give Honest A's
latest a 9.9.

Wayne

In .com, on 10/18/05
at 08:00 PM, "Honest A Babin" said:
OK Al, you probably got some dirt up there which caused the burst. It
couldn't be the shells - I hope you've got some left? Now here's what to
do : go get yourself another Damascus barrelled gun ( I can recommend the
Joe Mantons) & before you shoot it, make sure you get a decent cork pushed
into each muzzle to keep the dirt out. That ought to do the trick, but
keep the secret to yourself & only shoot alone: we don't want everyone to
know do we?

My wife Hilde found this on the googlen search.
I was mistaken wheen the event happened and boardsso I admit to mistakes.
My hand still hurts and in all the mixups since my uncle passed I got
confused AND MUST HAVE LOADED A SLUG BUT STILL HERE ARE THE PROOFS NOT TO
BELIEVE ALL THE SDVISE YOU GET ON rmc.\
Honest Al
A BAbins & Sons
ISO9000 compliant jobs hop. Rebuilding and repairing of machine tools
CUstom pool cues and cover since 1985. Twenty years community servise
for good deeds

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking

Robert Swinney

Dave sez: " AOLPete? The Ghost Of Teenut?"

Bite your forked tongue, varlet! The mere mention of Pete A. or dearly
departed Teenut in a post with Babin is the height of disrespect. Shame be
unto you! Git thee hence and don't do it no more.

Bob Swinney