Metalguy

Default Need help finding half round

We need about 100 feet of 1/4" half round, preferable
aluminum. My google searches and suppliers like
McMaster Carr have only come up with 1/2" half round
in stainless and wood.

It will be cut into 12" sections.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Reply to this
newsgroup, please.

Bob May

Aluminum is the hard part. I know of HSS steel and cobalt steel in that
size and probably in 12" sections. The stuff is used for making single lip
cutters for pantograph mills.

--
Why do penguins walk so far to get to their nesting grounds?

Robin

Could you not buy 100' of 1/4" round and cut it with a bandsaw or
something? I suppose if accuracy was even less important then you could
buy 50' and cut it down the middle...