Abrasha

Default - Everyone is to blame

Bob wrote:
--

BTW, Betsy in 1965 also breeched the levee system, though not to this
extent. Since then dozens of studies have been done on what it would
cost to upgrade them for a cat 5 storm. Lots of studies, no shovels.

Actually money had been allocated for the strengthening of the levees,
but is was withdrawn by the Bush administration. The money was needed
elsewhere, ... Iraq.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Abrasha

Michael wrote:

Where were all these finger pointers BEFORE the storm hit New Orleans?

There have been several. And not just before this storm. Many people
have been pointing at the coming problem of a large storm.

Some of them where on CNN tonight with Tim Russert. There were not only
finger pointers, but people who have published books about the coming
storm. Experts who explained the geological situation of the area.

All people whose warnings have not been listened to by the current
administration, as well as previous administrations.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Siggy

Why are the Feds (Read that you and I) the only ones who can spend money to
fix the NO levee problems?

If the 1.2 million people in the NO metro area wanted stronger levees they
should have paid for it themselves. After all, it is their choice to live
in such a prone area. As mentioned before, when the Army Corps of Engineers
said it would take $104 million to upgrade the levees and only got $54 the
NO residents could have chipped in a measly $41 each to bridge the gap. If
the locals aren't willing to spend a lousy $41 each to ensure the safety of
their town why should I?

Apparently, it's easier to say "Everyone but me is responsible" than it is
to say "I'm responsible."

"Abrasha" wrote in message
Bob wrote:
--

BTW, Betsy in 1965 also breeched the levee system, though not to this
extent. Since then dozens of studies have been done on what it would cost
to upgrade them for a cat 5 storm. Lots of studies, no shovels.

Actually money had been allocated for the strengthening of the levees, but
is was withdrawn by the Bush administration. The money was needed
elsewhere, ... Iraq.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Grady

Well put, as well as the federal goverment (you and me!) in the 10 year
period post 1965 spent over 450 million to Louisiiana's 50 million. I
definitely have compassion for the poor people that are affected, but the
finger pointing needs to stay out of the whole situation.

. ..

"Abrasha" wrote in message
Bob wrote:
--

BTW, Betsy in 1965 also breeched the levee system, though not to this
extent. Since then dozens of studies have been done on what it would
cost to upgrade them for a cat 5 storm. Lots of studies, no shovels.

Actually money had been allocated for the strengthening of the levees,
but is was withdrawn by the Bush administration. The money was needed
elsewhere, ... Iraq.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Larry Jaques

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 00:53:41 -0700, the blithe spirit Abrasha
clearly indicated:

Actually money had been allocated for the strengthening of the levees,
but is was withdrawn by the Bush administration. The money was needed
elsewhere, ... Iraq.

Do a little more research on that and you'll find the head of the
USACE discounting that. Those funds would have been too little/too
late anyway. (Not that I'd stick up for the Shrub...)

..-.
Better Living Through Denial
---
http://www.diversify.com Wondrous Website Design

Who would you guys donate money to for Katrina? JohnF Metalworking 122 September 16th 05 06:21 PM
OT - Warning: Wingers, Fundies & neocns at work Cliff Metalworking 165 June 3rd 05 10:01 PM
i give up xrongor Home Repair 54 March 2nd 05 07:40 PM
Changing a light bulb on R.C.M Tom Gardner Metalworking 24 June 6th 04 12:58 AM
OT- I thought Bush on imigration was evil? Gunner Metalworking 551 March 7th 04 11:48 PM