larry g

Default Domestic bench mills?

Benchmaster is one brand that is table top, Rusnock is another. Rusnock is
currently available new but Benchmaster is out of business. Gunner has that
Index 40 for sale. It is 2/3 the size of a Bridgeport and a very stout
mill, I have one and you can see pictures of it in the dropbox under "Index
mill".
lg
no neat sig line
"J. Eric Townsend" wrote in message

I don't have room for a full-size mill, so I'm looking for something
that can go on a benchtop or cabinet.

There seem to be plenty of modern, import mills and mill/drills that'd
do what I need (the Rong Fu RF-40 or RF-45 would fit the bill). On
the other hand, I learned a lot setting up (and fixing up) my 1930s
Atlas lathe, so I'd be just as happy to buy a decent used domestic
machine.

In my brief bit of looking around this week, I don't see much evidence
that such a thing exists on the west coast. Are bench mills and
mill/drills a relatively recent invention?

--
J. Eric Townsend
buy stuff, damnit: http://www.total****ingarmageddon.com/Store

Andrew Werby

[Have you looked at the Taig mills? See www.taigtools.com . The full CNC
version lists at $2195; manual versions are a lot cheaper. While they won't
handle tooling with more than a 5/16" shank, there's not much they can't do
on a small scale. They're made in the USA to high QC standards, and are
really robust for their size.]

Andrew Werby
www.computersculpture.com

JR North

The RF40 weighs about 1k. Got bench?
JR
Dweller in the cellar

"J. Eric Townsend" wrote:

I don't have room for a full-size mill, so I'm looking for something
that can go on a benchtop or cabinet.

There seem to be plenty of modern, import mills and mill/drills that'd
do what I need (the Rong Fu RF-40 or RF-45 would fit the bill). On
the other hand, I learned a lot setting up (and fixing up) my 1930s
Atlas lathe, so I'd be just as happy to buy a decent used domestic
machine.

In my brief bit of looking around this week, I don't see much evidence
that such a thing exists on the west coast. Are bench mills and
mill/drills a relatively recent invention?

--
J. Eric Townsend
buy stuff, damnit: http://www.total****ingarmageddon.com/Store

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Gunner

On 20 Sep 2003 02:37:36 -0700, (J. Eric Townsend) wrote:

Gunner writes:
There is a decent RF30 locally, that Id posted not long ago. Locally
meaning Ontario/Pomona California.

Hm, not finding that in post in google. Got any more details?

Posted for a customer of mine. Email me for further info.

Gunner

Surplus Sale

Norton 5" Diamond cup wheels Brand new never used
$100.00 ea
ASD 100s-R75 B99-1/8 ASD 150s-R75 B99-1/8

Amplex 5"diamond wheels new never used ND150 R75 -1/8 $ 75.00
ea

Cincinnati Radius Attachment for #2 tool and cutter grinder
Has a 50 taper work head (standard #2 work head)
$1200.00

PRATT & WHITNEY R6 radius tool and cutter grinder with work head and
index rings
$3,500.00

Cincinnati tool and cutter grinder no tooling (new lead screw nut)
$1800.00

Weldon End Mill Draw Bar old style excellent condition
$500.00

Prucunier 1-AL Automatic tapping attachment (lead screw style)with
Rockwell drill press (was $1722.00 new w/o drill press)
$350.00

Medium sized 14 in. Drill press
$100.00

Hamilton sensitive small drill press
$75.00

Small Drill presses 5 speed with machined hard stops
$50.00 each

Burgmaster 6 spindle turret drill press ¼" size
$750.00
************************************************** ***8
Mill/drill Small vertical milling machine with stand (import)
$400.00

(Gunners note..this is the Rong Fu30 , R8)
Vise Cardinal 6" speed vise (1/2 nut) xlnt cond.
$160.00

Fan Mars air door fan mdl #ehv108 baldor 1.5hp 3phase
$125.00
Electric motors Dayton 3hp 3phase
$25.00 ea

Contact: Mark Baker
Work: 909-875-0601
Fax: 909-476-3894

Address: 1280 Fitzgerald
Unit A
Rialto, Ca 92376

Im pretty sure one of the regulars here has purchased a couple of
these items, but I dont have a complete list of everything sold as of
yet.

I know the RF30 is still available, and is in good working condition,
and has been tweaked and smoothed up. It includes the heavy factory
stand and risers to put the working height better. This is in a
commerical shop that does tool grinding and job shop work, with a
couple products of their own, so they do know what they are doing when
taking the bugs out of a machine. Mark told me they bought this for a
single job, rather than dedicate a Bridgeport to it, so it doesnt have
much time on it. These are good people, Ive known them for years and
have been good customers of mine, and they know their stuff.

Gunner

"Anyone who cannot cope with firearms is not fully human. At best he
is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not
make messes in the house."
With appologies to RAH..

Leigh Knudson

I have a little Clausing vertical that is not quite a bench mill but
way smaller then a B'port. It is in SoCal and I am asking $1350. for
it, with collets. Leigh@MarMachine