Default End caps for 2" square tube

I'm hoping to find a few plastic end caps that will fit INTO 2" square
steel tubing that has a 1/16" wall.

So far, I have checked McMaster and Home Depot but not found what I
need.

If someone would give me a link to a place that carries these, I would
really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Lewis.

*******************

Lee Michaels

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm hoping to find a few plastic end caps that will fit INTO 2" square
steel tubing that has a 1/16" wall.

So far, I have checked McMaster and Home Depot but not found what I
need.

If someone would give me a link to a place that carries these, I would
really appreciate it.

These are common products for plastics manufacturers. There is a place in WA
state that is a big supplier of these. Can't remember the name just now.
Believe they are from Bainbridge Island.

Also, any of the places that supply parts for gym equipment carries these.

If I have time later, I will try to scare up a link or two.

Roy

http:/www.Decorativeiron.com has all kinds of palstic caps for
structural type steel tube.

On 10 Aug 2005 08:31:17 -0700, "
wrote:

===I'm hoping to find a few plastic end caps that will fit INTO 2" square
===steel tubing that has a 1/16" wall.
===
===So far, I have checked McMaster and Home Depot but not found what I
===need.
===
===If someone would give me a link to a place that carries these, I would
===really appreciate it.
===
===Thanks.
===
===Lewis.
===
===*******************

"The original frugal ponder"

Thanks, Ned, I used 'tubing caps' for my search criteria, so thats
probably why I didn't find them.

Kind regards.

Lewis.

******************

SteveB

"Roy" wrote in message
http:/www.Decorativeiron.com has all kinds of palstic caps for
structural type steel tube.

Decorativeiron.com has an awesome inventory of items used in fabrication.
If you ever get to Houston, it is a nice trip to just go to their store and
wander around. You can get lots of ideas for free, and they always have
some closeouts and blowouts daily.

Steve

Jeff Sellers

Guys, save this one.....

www.caplugs.com

HTH,

Jeff

Lee Michaels

I couldn't find the platic manufacturing place.

But this is the end caps page at one of the fitness repair places.

http://www.fitness-equipment.com/aca...Steel_257.html

Grant Erwin

Lee Michaels wrote:

I couldn't find the platic manufacturing place.

But this is the end caps page at one of the fitness repair places.

http://www.fitness-equipment.com/aca...Steel_257.html

That fitness place has caps for 2" square tube, but irritatingly they don't say
what wall thickness! Sheesh...

GWE

Lee Michaels

"Grant Erwin" wrote

Lee Michaels wrote:

I couldn't find the platic manufacturing place.

But this is the end caps page at one of the fitness repair places.

http://www.fitness-equipment.com/aca...Steel_257.html

That fitness place has caps for 2" square tube, but irritatingly they
don't say what wall thickness! Sheesh...

Most gym eqipment has tubing walls of approximately .095 inches.

Try here, look at bottom of page.

http://www.pumphousefitness.com/weig...kets%20_38.htm

Roy

Great Day....that exercise equipment parts place sure is proud of a
simple plastic cap....must be made of patinum or gold for the prices
they want for a little 1" sq plastic cap..........

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:52:13 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

===
==="Grant Erwin" wrote
===
=== Lee Michaels wrote:
===
[...]

SteveB

"Roy" wrote in message
Great Day....that exercise equipment parts place sure is proud of a
simple plastic cap....must be made of patinum or gold for the prices
they want for a little 1" sq plastic cap..........

Just called Curtis Steel here locally, but they are closed. I will call
tomorrow, and find out how much 2" caps are.

Ever see how much Home Depot gets for those three feet pieces of metal they
sell? About as much as 20 feet from a supplier.

Steve

Gunner

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:26:43 -0400, "Jeff Sellers"
wrote:

Guys, save this one.....

www.caplugs.com

HTH,

Jeff

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

SteveB

Just called Curtis Steel here locally. 2x2 caps are $ .30 each. Parcel
post would be cheap, Priority Mail is $3.85 for less than a pound, and one
should be able to get about 25 or more into a box for a pound.

Steve

Ken Moffett

" wrote in
ups.com:

Thanks, Ned, I used 'tubing caps' for my search criteria, so thats
probably why I didn't find them.

Kind regards.

Lewis.

******************

That's why one needs a real paper catalog. Online catalogs suck. Well, they
are OK for pricing once you find it in the 2 year old paper catalog.
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:51:16 GMT, the opaque Ken Moffett
clearly wrote:

" wrote in
oups.com:

Thanks, Ned, I used 'tubing caps' for my search criteria, so thats
probably why I didn't find them.

Kind regards.

Lewis.

******************

That's why one needs a real paper catalog. Online catalogs suck. Well, they
are OK for pricing once you find it in the 2 year old paper catalog.

Paper catalogs = Tool porn, Component porn. (They are -necessary-.)
Online catalogs have their uses, too: Updated pricing, color pics.
I like both for different reasons.

-
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.
---
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming

Hi, Ned, thanks to your help in finding them, I ordered than from
McMaster at 2PM on Wed.

They arrived at 11.30AM on Thurs.

A deal like that is hard to beat. :-)

Kind regards.

Lewis.

****************

SteveB

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, Ned, thanks to your help in finding them, I ordered than from
McMaster at 2PM on Wed.

They arrived at 11.30AM on Thurs.

A deal like that is hard to beat. :-)

Kind regards.