DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Building a SLIP ROLLER.... plans? advice? offers to buildi one FOR ME$$$ ? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/111747-building-slip-roller-plans-advice-offers-buildi-one-me%24%24%24.html)

RainLover July 7th 05 09:14 PM

Building a SLIP ROLLER.... plans? advice? offers to buildi one FOR ME$$$ ?

Hey everyone,

Again I find myself in need of a slip roller and am frustrated at the
prospect of spending MORE money and much more time delivering my
materials to a fab shop and picking it up a few days later...

I Need to own my own here.

Here are my MINIMUM requirments (MORE than this is betterl):
-- 3 feet wide
-- ability to roll 1/8" stainless
-- I'd LIKE it to open to 1" so I can put curves into 1 x 1
square tube.
-- Powered (electric or hydraulic) as opposed to hand cranking
(obviously)

I can't afford to purchase one of these from any place I've found
so far, even used, so I see three Options:

#1. Someone here sell me one for an incredibly good price

#2. Find some plans for one and build it myself.

#3. Find some plans and have YOU BUILD IT for me using
your handy-dandy metal lathes and machining tools.

Now... On this #3, I'm MORE than willing to BUY all the materials and
PAY YOU for your time.... I may be a poor artist, but I'm not a
cheapskate! (although cheap is good)

Anyone?

send me an email... but take the 'spamblock' out of my address.

James Kelsey, Port Orchard, Washington, USA, Earth, over on the seedy
side of the Milkyway

www.jameskelseystudios.com

Koz July 7th 05 09:52 PM

Worth a trip to Spokane? Can't tell the actual size of the plate roller
so it is might be overkill. Appears to be rated at 10 tons which seems
fairly light.

http://www.murphyauctions.net/cdaindustrial.html

Koz

#1. Someone here sell me one for an incredibly good price

#2. Find some plans for one and build it myself.

#3. Find some plans and have YOU BUILD IT for me using
your handy-dandy metal lathes and machining tools.

Now... On this #3, I'm MORE than willing to BUY all the materials and
PAY YOU for your time.... I may be a poor artist, but I'm not a
cheapskate! (although cheap is good)

Anyone?

send me an email... but take the 'spamblock' out of my address.

James Kelsey, Port Orchard, Washington, USA, Earth, over on the seedy
side of the Milkyway

www.jameskelseystudios.com

36" wide 1/8" SS takes all the hand crack versions out right away.

All the powered ones I have seen that can handle that size material are
3 phase ones like the one we have at school.
I got it from Boeing Surplus 4 years ago.
You are more than welcome to come by and roll something.
I know it means leaving your island home and journeying to the wretched
land of West Seattle.

--
"I love deadlines, especially the wooshing sound they make as
they fly by" - Douglas Adams

[email protected] July 9th 05 04:46 PM

Tough specs. For the 1 by 1 tubing, I think I would build a Hossfeld
type bender. I bought some 1/4 by 2 bar stock from Navy City Metals
and made a bender. I don't have it on a stand, just clamp it my bench
vise. Not as convenient when using it, but out of the way most of the
time.

Could you use a press break for most of your bending. I was thinking
of using some channel on a hydraulic press with the flanges up and
attaching a good sized pipe horizontal to the ram to make some gentle
curves is some sheets. Would not work if you are wanting to make big
tubes.

Dan