Old Hendey Lathe for Sale

Old June 23rd 05, 04:44 PM
Garrett Fulton

Default Old Hendey Lathe for Sale

This old Hendy belongs to a friend of my brother and I'm posting it here for
him. I haven't seen the lathe myself and know nothing of it's condition.

Garrett Fulton

From: "Gary Walker"
To: "AMCList"
Subject: Historic Hendey metal lathe for sale
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 06:42:28 -0500

Hi Everyone,
I am in northeast Louisiana. I have a complete
Hendy metal lathe
that is over a hundred years old and in good shape.
It has a bed of about
nine feet and I would guess weighs around four
thousand pounds. It has more
than one chuck, etc. It needs to be moved ASAP and
is sitting on my car
trailer. It will go really (really) cheap to
offset anyone's moving
expenses. I want it to go to a good home. The
Hendy company has a rich
history as it built much machinery for the war
efforts. It will be a
wonderful piece when it is cleaned up and repainted.
Patents back to 1892
are on the brass plaques. I also found a lot of
information on the company
and a parts list for a 1902 model that is obviously
a much later model.
This lathe could be beneficial to someone in the AMC
hobby.
Your AMC Friend,
Gary Walker 318-343-8044

Old June 24th 05, 02:15 AM