Atlas MFC Milling Machine belt

Old August 8th 03, 05:50 PM
BW

Default Atlas MFC Milling Machine belt

I have been rebuilding a MFC miller for about 2 years now. I finally have
everthing cleaned up, painted , and ready to go back together. I finally
looked at the drive belt and realized that I have to take the head apart to
get a one piece belt on. The old belt was made of rubber /canvas links that
were pinned together.

Where can I find one of these or is there another solution short if
disassembly ?

Thanks,

BW

Old August 8th 03, 08:03 PM
Marty Escarcega

[posted and mailed]

"BW" wrote in
:

I have been rebuilding a MFC miller for about 2 years now. I finally
have everthing cleaned up, painted , and ready to go back together. I
finally looked at the drive belt and realized that I have to take the
head apart to get a one piece belt on. The old belt was made of rubber
/canvas links that were pinned together.

Where can I find one of these or is there another solution short if
disassembly ?

Thanks,

BW

Isn't just a 3L belt? That is that it is 3/8" wide? Measure the width of
your pulley.

Marty
Old August 9th 03, 06:19 PM
PLAlbrecht

Where can I find one of these or is there another solution short if
disassembly ?

Disassembly isn't that hard. The instructions are online at the Atlas/clausing
site; it's the only procedure they've posted for the MF mills.

See

http://www.atlas-press.com/tb_hmillbelt.htm

Your MFC should have two-step pulleys, not 3 used in some earlier machines.
When I did this I used a Gates Truflex 3290 (5L290) belt.

Pete