Glenn Ashmore

Default CNC Flexing cable guides?

I have seen on some CNC routers a cable guide that is a rectangular
assemblage of hinged segments that resemble tank treads. It reduces tight
flexing while keeping the control cables out of the way. What do you call
them and where do I get some?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

axolotl

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
I have seen on some CNC routers a cable guide that is a rectangular
assemblage of hinged segments that resemble tank treads. It reduces tight
flexing while keeping the control cables out of the way. What do you call
them and where do I get some?

Cable carrier.

http://www.igus.com/echain.asp

Kevin Gallimore

D Murphy

axolotl wrote in :

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
I have seen on some CNC routers a cable guide that is a rectangular
assemblage of hinged segments that resemble tank treads. It reduces
tight flexing while keeping the control cables out of the way. What
do you call them and where do I get some?

Cable carrier.

Yup. I like this co.
http://www.hubbell-gleason.com/EngProd/EngProd.html

--

Dan

Larry Green

I have seen on some CNC routers a cable guide that is a rectangular
assemblage of hinged segments that resemble tank treads. It reduces tight
flexing while keeping the control cables out of the way. What do you call
them and where do I get some?

It is commonly known as flexible cable track or flexible wire duct. Some
links are below.

http://www.lappcanada.com/onlinecatalog-track.htm

http://tinyurl.com/d7a28

http://www.kabelschlepp.com/microtrak.htm

HTH

--
Larry Green
yourname

Larry Green wrote:

I have seen on some CNC routers a cable guide that is a rectangular
assemblage of hinged segments that resemble tank treads. It reduces
tight flexing while keeping the control cables out of the way. What
do you call them and where do I get some?

It is commonly known as flexible cable track or flexible wire duct. Some
links are below.

http://www.lappcanada.com/onlinecatalog-track.htm

http://tinyurl.com/d7a28

http://www.kabelschlepp.com/microtrak.htm

HTH

Like I always say, if it aint in Mcmaster, you don't need it
pp 1358 cat111

Anthony

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in

I have seen on some CNC routers a cable guide that is a rectangular
assemblage of hinged segments that resemble tank treads. It reduces
tight flexing while keeping the control cables out of the way. What
do you call them and where do I get some?

http://www.igus.com
http://www.kableschlepp.com

They are technically called 'Energy Chains'

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email

http://www.machines-cnc.net:81/
Robin S.

"Anthony" wrote in message

http://www.kableschlepp.com

http://www.kabelschlepp.com rather...

Anyone else find that name pretty smart?

Regards,

Robin

Anthony

"Robin S." wrote in news:guyge.33635$B82.957919
@news20.bellglobal.com:

"Anthony" wrote in message

http://www.kableschlepp.com

http://www.kabelschlepp.com rather...

Anyone else find that name pretty smart?

Thanks Robin, my bad on the spelling. They make some excellent robotics
energy chains, full 6 axis freedom of movement.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email

http://www.machines-cnc.net:81/
curly

If my memory is acccurate, these things are also known as "hose reels",
maybe in larger sizes than you are looking for though. Used for
hydraulic lines on machinery. I think there is a mfg called "Gleason
Reel".
HTH, Eric