Gunner

Default OT-Some thoughts on Freedom

Some powerful thoughts by a Marine Master Sergeant to reflect and
ponder over. This marine really has a handle on our "AMERICA," and the
situation it now finds itself in
----------------
I sat in a movie theater watching "Schindler's List," asked myself,
"Why didn't the Jews fight back?"
Now I know why.

I sat in a movie theater, watching "Pearl Harbor" and asked myself,
"Why weren't we prepared?"
Now I know why.

Civilized people cannot fathom, much less predict, the actions of evil
people.

On September 11, dozens of capable airplane passengers allowed
themselves to be overpowered by a handful of poorly armed terrorists
because they did not comprehend the depth of hatred that motivated
their captors.

On September 11, thousands of innocent people were murdered because
too many Americans naively reject the reality that some nations are
dedicated to the dominance of others. Many political pundits,
pacifists and media personnel want us to forget the carnage. They say
we must focus on the bravery of the rescuers and ignore the cowardice
of the killers. They implore us to understand the motivation of the
perpetrators. Major television stations have announced they will
assist the healing process by not replaying devastating footage of the
planes crashing into the Twin Towers.

I will not be manipulated.

I will not pretend to understand.

I will not forget.

I will not forget the liberal media who abused freedom of the press to
kick our country when it was vulnerable and hurting.

I will not forget that CBS anchor Dan Rather preceded President Bush's
address to the nation with the snide remark, "No matter how you feel
about him, he is still our president."

I will not forget that ABC TV anchor Peter Jennings questioned
President Bush's motives for not returning immediately to Washington,
DC and commented, "We're all pretty skeptical and cynical about
Washington."

And I will not forget that ABC's Mark Halperin warned if reporters
weren't informed of every little detail of this war, they aren't
"likely -- nor should they be expected -- to show deference."

I will not isolate myself from my fellow Americans by pretending an
attack on the USS Cole in Yemen was not an attack on the United States
of America.

I will not forget the Clinton administration equipped Islamic
terrorists and their supporters with the world's most sophisticated
telecommunications equipment and encryption technology, thereby
compromising America's ability to trace terrorist radio, cell phone,
land lines, faxes and modem communications.

I will not be appeased with pointless, quick retaliatory strikes like
those perfected by the previous administration.

I will not be comforted by "feel-good, do nothing" regulations like
the silly, "Have your bags been under your control?" question at the
airport.

I will not be influenced by so called,"antiwar demonstrators" who
exploit the right of _expression to chant anti-American obscenities.

I will not forget the moral victory handed the North Vietnamese by
American war protesters who reviled and spat upon the returning
soldiers, airmen, sailors and marines.

I will not be softened by the wishful thinking of pacifists who chose
reassurance over reality.

I will embrace the wise words of Prime Minister Tony Blair who told
the Labor Party conference, "They have no moral inhibition on the
slaughter of the innocent. If they could have murdered not 7,000 but
70,000, does anyone doubt they would have done so and rejoiced in it?

There is no compromise possible with such people, no meeting of minds,
no point of understanding with such terror. Just a choice: defeat it
or be defeated by it. And defeat it we must!"

I will force myself to:

-hear the weeping
-feel the helplessness
-imagine the terror
-sense the panic
-smell the burning flesh
- experience the loss
- remember the hatred.

I sat in a movie theater, watching "Private Ryan" and asked myself,
"Where did they find the courage?"

Now I know.

We have no choice. Living without liberty is not living.

-- Ed Evans, MGySgt., USMC (Ret.)
Not as lean, Not as mean, But still a Marine.

Tom Gardner

On a similar note:

A U. S. Navy Admiral was attending a Naval conference that included admirals
that were from the U. S., English, Canadian, Australian and French Navies.
At a cocktail reception, he found himself standing with a group of
half-dozen or so officers that included personnel from most of the
countries.

Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks but a
French admiral suddenly complained that, whereas Europeans learn many
languages, Americans learn only English. He then asked: "Why is it that we
always have to speak English in these conferences rather than speaking
French?"

Without hesitating the American Admiral replied: "Maybe it's because the
Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Americans arranged it so you wouldn't have to
speak German."

Stormin Mormon

So, you hear weeping, smell burning flesh, etc. Most of the Jews in Germany
did that, too.

So, you're not comforted. Who cares what you feel? Now, how about tell us
what actions you are going to take? None? Didn't think so. Well, go over
there and graze with the rest of the sheep.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Gunner" wrote in message

I will force myself to:

-hear the weeping
-feel the helplessness
-imagine the terror
-sense the panic
-smell the burning flesh
- experience the loss
- remember the hatred.

jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

I will not pretend to understand.

That's our commander-in-chief all right.

I will not forget the liberal media who abused freedom of the press to
kick our country when it was vulnerable and hurting.

I will not be influenced by so called,"antiwar demonstrators" who
exploit the right of expression to chant anti-American obscenities.

Ok, lets clear this up once and for all. If you folks want to
get rid of the first amendment, would you just please go
ahead and DO it and stop yakking about it.

We have no choice. Living without liberty is not living.

Yep, no choice but to eliminate the first amendment to
preserve freedom. Gotcha.

Anyone who disagrees with the present adminstrations policies
would you please step to the front so we can begin applying
the zip-ties to your hands? Thank you.

Jim

please reply to:

John Kunkel

"Gunner" wrote in message
Some powerful thoughts by a Marine Master Sergeant to reflect and
ponder over. This marine really has a handle on our "AMERICA," and the
situation it now finds itself in

I will not forget the Clinton administration equipped Islamic
terrorists and their supporters with the world's most sophisticated
telecommunications equipment and encryption technology, thereby
compromising America's ability to trace terrorist radio, cell phone,
land lines, faxes and modem communications.

And I will not forget that Ronnie Raygun armed and supported Sadman Insane
and OBL, nor will I forget the picture of Rummy glad handing the same Sadman
Insane.

Ed Huntress

"Ignoramus31500" wrote in message
I smell a fake. It was probably not written by a Sergeant. It has all
signs of having been written by an experienced political demagogue.

Most of these things written by active or retired military personnel, and
that appear on newsgroups, turn out to be fake.

This one looks like it was written by an Internet ideologue, to me. It has
that iterative parallelism that amateur copywriters go through at an early
stage in their careers.

--
Ed Huntress

Guido

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ignoramus31500" wrote in message

I smell a fake. It was probably not written by a Sergeant. It has all
signs of having been written by an experienced political demagogue.

Most of these things written by active or retired military personnel, and
that appear on newsgroups, turn out to be fake.

Currently appears in about 20 blogs. No doubt it will be in 200
circlejerks by the end of the week.

Cliff

On Tue, 10 May 2005 16:30:35 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

thousands of innocent people were murdered because

I will not forget.

So they are saying in the Middle East.

Did anyone else catch the bits about ......

"The CIA has so far refused to hand over control of Iraq's
intelligence service to the newly elected Iraqi government in a turf
war that ... "

http://tinyurl.com/8udz3
--
Cliff
Jon Elson

On September 11, dozens of capable airplane passengers allowed
themselves to be overpowered by a handful of poorly armed terrorists
because they did not comprehend the depth of hatred that motivated
their captors.

Hardly an hour later, dozens of nearly identical airline passengers,
including
a number of middle-aged women, realizing the extent of what was going on,
and that they likely were not getting out of this alive, took a food service
cart and several carafes of boiling water, disabled the "muscle" guarding
the terrorist-occupied cockpit, and were it the process of breaking into the
cockpit when the terrorist pilots decided the game was up, and crashed the
plane.

Jon

myal

Stormin Mormon wrote:
So, you hear weeping, smell burning flesh, etc. Most of the Jews in Germany
did that, too.

So, you're not comforted. Who cares what you feel? Now, how about tell us
what actions you are going to take? None? Didn't think so. Well, go over
there and graze with the rest of the sheep.

Stormin , reality isnt the politicaly correct response when people are
getting all patriotic ya know .

Proctologically Violated©®

Bout the only freedom I got is choosing who shoves it in.
Ahm workin on the freedom to also choose how often and how deep.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Gunner" wrote in message
[...]

Cliff

On Tue, 10 May 2005 22:48:59 GMT, sittingduck
wrote:

Ignoramus31500 wrote:

On Tue, 10 May 2005 16:31:30 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:
"Ignoramus31500" wrote in message
I smell a fake. It was probably not written by a Sergeant. It has all
signs of having been written by an experienced political demagogue.

Most of these things written by active or retired military personnel,
and that appear on newsgroups, turn out to be fake.

This one looks like it was written by an Internet ideologue, to me. It
has that iterative parallelism that amateur copywriters go through at
an early stage in their careers.

Your categorization "Internet ideologue" fits the original letter
better than mine.

It's a pity nutjobs like gunner have to propagate this crap to feel good
about themselves.

They are really quite overwhelmed by their guilt.
It's called denial & compensation.

It hurt so good last time that they have to try it again
& again & again .....

Who said what about insanity & repeating what never
worked before so many more times?
--
Cliff
Gunner

On Tue, 10 May 2005 22:34:25 GMT, Strabo
wrote:

In OT-Some thoughts on Freedom on Tue, 10 May 2005 17:59:45
GMT, by sittingduck, we read:

Gunner wrote:

I will not forget.

I will not forget the liberal media who abused freedom of the press to
kick our country when it was vulnerable and hurting.

I will not forget that CBS anchor Dan Rather preceded President Bush's
address to the nation with the snide remark, "No matter how you feel
about him, he is still our president."

LOL!!

This guy need serious help. Someone brainwashed him.

Its personal. He knows the Bush family is corrupted
and corruptive.

Both of you cock breaths seemed to have missed this bit, at the
beginning of the article.

"Some powerful thoughts by a Marine Master Sergeant to reflect and
ponder over. "

The depths of your hate and ignorance knows no bounds does it?

I notice neither of you ****tards managed to collect enough brain
cells to make your point about the content of the article..just enough
to spew. Which really didnt take much.

I find it absolutely fascinating that the Neo-Nazi Strabo and the Arch
Communist ****ting Ducklet can crawl into bed together on this topic.

Politics DOES make strange bedfellows.

I hope someone brought the Astroglide.

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli
Gunner

On Tue, 10 May 2005 18:39:31 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

So, you hear weeping, smell burning flesh, etc. Most of the Jews in Germany
did that, too.

Are you refering to me, or the MSgt Actually, occasionally I do as
well. Usually at 3 or 4 Am.
On the other hand, most of the Jews in Germany are dead at the hands
of a dictator. One just like the Iraqi one you appear to be
supporting.

So, you're not comforted. Who cares what you feel? Now, how about tell us
what actions you are going to take? None? Didn't think so. Well, go over
there and graze with the rest of the sheep.

Me or the MSgt? He is retired, after having done his duty to his
country.

As for me..unfortunately neither the US Govt nor Blackwater will take
me. Im too old, and too crippled. However..I did try.

Btw..what branch of the service were you in again?
82nd Dannite Brigade? 101st Avenging Angels?

Snicker

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Gunner

On Tue, 10 May 2005 13:00:17 -0700, "John Kunkel"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
Some powerful thoughts by a Marine Master Sergeant to reflect and
ponder over. This marine really has a handle on our "AMERICA," and the
situation it now finds itself in

I will not forget the Clinton administration equipped Islamic
terrorists and their supporters with the world's most sophisticated
telecommunications equipment and encryption technology, thereby
compromising America's ability to trace terrorist radio, cell phone,
land lines, faxes and modem communications.

And I will not forget that Ronnie Raygun armed and supported Sadman Insane
and OBL, nor will I forget the picture of Rummy glad handing the same Sadman
Insane.

Yes and? As you will recall at the time..they were the enemies of our
enemies. Both the Iranians and the Russians.

Now times have changed, and they themselves are our enemies.

You have a problem comprehending this? I suggest you read history a
bit. Perhaps US/German history of 1933-1941?

Never made it past 5th grade eh?

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli
Gunner

On 10 May 2005 20:19:56 GMT, Ignoramus31500
wrote:

I smell a fake. It was probably not written by a Sergeant. It has all
signs of having been written by an experienced political demagogue.

Never been around Master Sargeants have you? Dont let the lack of a
neck and the single eyebrow make you underestimate them.

Gunner

[...]

Gunner

On Tue, 10 May 2005 16:51:06 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

On September 11, dozens of capable airplane passengers allowed
themselves to be overpowered by a handful of poorly armed terrorists
because they did not comprehend the depth of hatred that motivated
their captors.

Hardly an hour later, dozens of nearly identical airline passengers,
including
a number of middle-aged women, realizing the extent of what was going on,
and that they likely were not getting out of this alive, took a food service
cart and several carafes of boiling water, disabled the "muscle" guarding
the terrorist-occupied cockpit, and were it the process of breaking into the
cockpit when the terrorist pilots decided the game was up, and crashed the
plane.

Jon

but only after being notified by friends and families that they were
likely to die if they didnt do something.

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli
Gunner

On Tue, 10 May 2005 18:23:26 -0400, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

Bout the only freedom I got is choosing who shoves it in.
Ahm workin on the freedom to also choose how often and how deep.

Perhaps France will provide better opportunities?

Gunner

----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Tom

Gunner wrote:

Some powerful thoughts by a Marine Master Sergeant to reflect and
ponder over. This marine really has a handle on our "AMERICA," and the
situation it now finds itself in
----------------
I sat in a movie theater .........................

-- Ed Evans, MGySgt., USMC (Ret.)
Not as lean, Not as mean, But still a Marine.

A site on the author, might explain the style:

http://members.aol.com/gyrene242/howto/

Gunner

On 10 May 2005 12:47:02 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

I will not pretend to understand.

That's our commander-in-chief all right.

I will not forget the liberal media who abused freedom of the press to
kick our country when it was vulnerable and hurting.

I will not be influenced by so called,"antiwar demonstrators" who
exploit the right of expression to chant anti-American obscenities.

Ok, lets clear this up once and for all. If you folks want to
get rid of the first amendment, would you just please go
ahead and DO it and stop yakking about it.

Cites as to any mention of doing away with it?

We have no choice. Living without liberty is not living.

Yep, no choice but to eliminate the first amendment to
preserve freedom. Gotcha.

See above.

Anyone who disagrees with the present adminstrations policies
would you please step to the front so we can begin applying
the zip-ties to your hands? Thank you.

Jim

Cites?

The witless like you are still free to say and do as you wish. Even
run in paniced circles screaming the Sky is Falling as loudly as you
wish.

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Ok, lets clear this up once and for all. If you folks want to
get rid of the first amendment, would you just please go
ahead and DO it and stop yakking about it.

Cites as to any mention of doing away with it?

Your post. The first thing you do when you want to
get rid of a right to do something like own a gun,
you make it unpopular.

You might not be able to see it, but his comments
about free speech are lockstep with Sarah Brady's
comments about gun ownership.

"Oh, you don't need that..."

Think about it.

Jim

please reply to:
jim rozen

In article , Ed Huntress says...

This one looks like it was written by an Internet ideologue, to me.

Well, propogated by one at least.

Jim

please reply to:
jim rozen

In article , Jon Elson says...

Hardly an hour later, dozens of nearly identical airline passengers,
including
a number of middle-aged women, realizing the extent of what was going on,
and that they likely were not getting out of this alive, took a food service
cart and several carafes of boiling water, disabled the "muscle" guarding
the terrorist-occupied cockpit, and were it the process of breaking into the
cockpit when the terrorist pilots decided the game was up, and crashed the
plane.

Hear here, Jon. Finally a word of praise for true heroes
instead of internet ones.

There will be a movie about those events someday. I think
that hollywood can't quite wrap its collective minds around
what actually happened on that plane.

Jim

please reply to:
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Politics DOES make strange bedfellows.

Or, that you've managed to **** off both ends of the
spectrum to an equal level. Not a bad afternoon's work
eh?

Jim

please reply to:
carl mciver

"Cliff" wrote in message
SNIP

| It hurt so good last time that they have to try it again
| & again & again .....
|
| Who said what about insanity & repeating what never
| worked before so many more times?
| --
| Cliff

Again and again... Does "Find the WMD's yet?" ring a bell? You almost
wrote the book on that point. At least what monkeys hammer out with a
keyboard tends to be less repetitive. They change keys every now and then.

Bob Brock

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 May 2005 13:00:17 -0700, "John Kunkel"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

gummer, you are such a loon. Reality is lost on you isn't it?

Bob Brock

wrote:
[...]

Hey, they have learned that if you say it enough times, it's as good as the
truth.

Proctologically Violated©®

Are they gentler over there?
Or I'll just be plied w/ wine, before the insertion?
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
wrote:

Bout the only freedom I got is choosing who shoves it in.
Ahm workin on the freedom to also choose how often and how deep.

Perhaps France will provide better opportunities?

Gunner

----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Gunner" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Bob Brock

wrote:

Bout the only freedom I got is choosing who shoves it in.
Ahm workin on the freedom to also choose how often and how deep.

Perhaps France will provide better opportunities?

Gunner

I didn't see you going when Clinton was president. Oh yeah...that's
right...the economy was good back then.

Gunner

On 10 May 2005 19:31:12 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Ok, lets clear this up once and for all. If you folks want to
get rid of the first amendment, would you just please go
ahead and DO it and stop yakking about it.

Cites as to any mention of doing away with it?

Your post. The first thing you do when you want to
get rid of a right to do something like own a gun,
you make it unpopular.

Please cite the relevant portions.

You might not be able to see it, but his comments
about free speech are lockstep with Sarah Brady's
comments about gun ownership.

"Oh, you don't need that..."

Think about it.

Jim

Please cite the relevant portions.

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli
Gunner

In article , Gunner says...

****ing off Fringe Kooks on both ends of the spectrum is a good thing.

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli
Ed Huntress

"Gunner" wrote in message

The writer's a jingoist propaganda bull**** artist, Gunner. I'm
suprised you fell for it...

FW

Sometimes a cigar is simply a cigar.

http://members.aol.com/gyrene242/howto/

Aha. A PR flak. I thought the melodramatic writing style looked familiar.

Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Jon Elson says...

Hardly an hour later, dozens of nearly identical airline passengers,
including
a number of middle-aged women, realizing the extent of what was going on,
and that they likely were not getting out of this alive, took a food

service
cart and several carafes of boiling water, disabled the "muscle" guarding
the terrorist-occupied cockpit, and were it the process of breaking into

the
cockpit when the terrorist pilots decided the game was up, and crashed

the
plane.

Hear here, Jon. Finally a word of praise for true heroes
instead of internet ones.

There will be a movie about those events someday. I think
that hollywood can't quite wrap its collective minds around
what actually happened on that plane.

And I'm going to want to see it. One of them, Joe DeLuca, was an old friend
of mine -- not a close one, but a very friendly and helpful guy that I once
knew, who I worked with in SCCA. I often get an image in my mind of him on
that plane.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

"Gunner" wrote in message
On 10 May 2005 19:47:51 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Politics DOES make strange bedfellows.

Or, that you've managed to **** off both ends of the
spectrum to an equal level. Not a bad afternoon's work
eh?

Jim

****ing off Fringe Kooks on both ends of the spectrum is a good thing.

Gunner

Hey, that's MY job. And you're one of the Fringe Kooks.

d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

You might not be able to see it, but his comments
about free speech are lockstep with Sarah Brady's
comments about gun ownership.

Please cite the relevant portions.

(quote)
so called,"antiwar demonstrators" who
exploit the right of _expression to chant anti-American obscenities.
(end quote)

and

(quote)
liberal media who abused freedom of the press
(end quote)

So basically what he's saying is, the first amendment only counts
when it agrees with his political views. It only counts when a
conservative exercises it, or when somebody voices a *pro*
american viewpoint.

The *real* heros (unlike this internet fraud) understand that
freedom sometimes means free speech for the Nazis in Skokie.

Exercise for the reader: compare and contrast this selective
approach to first amendement application, with Sarah Brady's
understanding that nobody should own guns. Except her and the
folks around her.

First amendment, for me and mine.
Second amendment, for me and mine.

But nobody else.

Jim

please reply to:
Mysterion

"sittingduck" wrote in message
ynews.com...
Gunner wrote:

Both of you cock breaths seemed to have missed this bit, at the
beginning of the article.

"Some powerful thoughts by a Marine Master Sergeant to reflect and
ponder over. "

The depths of your hate and ignorance knows no bounds does it?

I notice neither of you ****tards managed to collect enough brain
cells to make your point about the content of the article..just enough
to spew. Which really didnt take much.

I find it absolutely fascinating that the Neo-Nazi Strabo and the Arch
Communist ****ting Ducklet can crawl into bed together on this topic.

Politics DOES make strange bedfellows.

I hope someone brought the Astroglide.

LOL! Thanks for the humor. You are so warped and bitter it's hilarious.

Try to understand it from Goofer's point of view:

He went to all the trouble of finding this little bit of party-line
jingoistic bull**** and he didn't manage to induce the proper attitude of
state worship in any one except other no-life simpletons like himself.

I'm sure he's even more confused and frustrated than he was before.

Cliff

On Wed, 11 May 2005 01:22:16 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

And I will not forget that Ronnie Raygun armed and supported Sadman Insane
and OBL, nor will I forget the picture of Rummy glad handing the same Sadman
Insane.

Yes and? As you will recall at the time..they were the enemies of our
enemies. Both the Iranians and the Russians.

So if Ronnie Raygin & Bush-I supported the use of WMDs it was fine.

Now times have changed,

Now that they have no WMDs ....

and they themselves are our enemies.

After murdering ~ 100,000 + .....
You guys sure know how to win friends.
--
Cliff

eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Metalworking 7 December 22nd 04 09:47 PM
eScrew Dave Jackson Woodworking 1 December 21st 04 01:54 AM
Funny story about metal [email protected] Metalworking 10 December 20th 04 05:26 PM
Funny story about repair [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 20th 04 03:35 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM