Default Drill Chuck / Lathe Chuck - Drill Press Question

Hello;

I need to chuck a peice of 1.25" ID brass tubing into my drill press.
Is there a way to do this? Do they make a mini taperless lathe
chuck(that I can place into my existing drill chuck) which will handle
this large diameter stock?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Robin S.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello;

I need to chuck a peice of 1.25" ID brass tubing into my drill press.
Is there a way to do this? Do they make a mini taperless lathe
chuck(that I can place into my existing drill chuck) which will handle
this large diameter stock?

Any ideas?

If you have a lathe, you could turn an arbor for the brass tube where one
diameter would fit into your chuck while the second diameter would fit into
your brass tube. You could either create a slight taper to hold the brass
tube, or use some small screws around the perifery. A heavy torque load
would probably favour the screws...

Naturally you'll want to turn the arbor in a single setup to keep your
runout to a minimum.

Just out of curiosity, what are you doing with the tube? Perhaps using it
with some abrasive paste to cut a hole in a piece of glass/tile?

Regards,

Robin