Default Abrasive #1 1/2 Surface Grinder info needed

Folks,
Anyone have info on the #1 1/2 Abrasive surface grinder. It was made
by Abrasive Machine Tool Company and the company appears to
disappeared many moons ago. I just purchased the grinder via long
distance and won't _really_ know what I have for several days.

With a web search, I found a manual for sale at $100 and just find
that rather high. I'd like to get some specs and diagrams if possible.

But any background on the company would be appreciated.

Thanks, - Reed
Raleigh, NC

Grant,

This a 618 size. Not the smallest, but a manually operated machine.

I'd like just some background info on the company as I am curious. If
a spindle diagram is out there, that would be interesting also.

I'll take it apart, other than the spindle, as soon as possible after
retrieving it from the terminal for a good cleaning.

Thanks, - Reed

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:32:31 -0700, Grant Erwin
wrote:

Reed, if this is a small manual surface grinder then I would
encourage you to try to get along without a manual. Small
surface grinders are rather simple beasts. You'll want to
remove the table as soon as you get the grinder, to look at
the cross ways on the apron. It should be immediately apparent
how the feed mechanism and lube system work. It may be a bit
more trouble to remove the apron, but I also recommend doing
that. I had an old grinder which had light oxidation on the
ways which required light scraping. Once I got the ways clean
and the whole thing generally cleaned up and lubricated, then
it worked fine. The only problem you may face is if you need
parts, as that company is long gone.

Good luck!

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington