Brian Lawson

Default metal roller on American Chopper

Hey Keith,

Now THAT'S a device that appears to me it would be much better if it
were mounted "upside down". As in hung from the ceiling or something.
Given that it could be mounted so that you got the same swing
clearance to the floor when upside down as it would have had swing
clearance to the ceiling when mounted conventionally, of course.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 03:40:53 GMT, "Keith Marshall"
wrote:

It may be this one:

http://www.shopoutfitters.com/Products/238.htm

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"The universe is full of magical things,
patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper."
-Eden Phillpotts, A Shadow Passes, 1934
"Vince D." wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know what brand of metal roller they show on that American
Chopper tv show on the Discovery channel? It looks like it has 3
rollers about 4" in diameter and they are about 2" wide. They seem to
have ribs in the rollers to keep the material true while rolling. It
also has a round hand wheel that looks like about 24" around. The
rollers must be mounted in bearings because on one show they spun the
handle with nothing in the roller and it spun well. I've seen them
roll 3/8" steel rod and 3/4" angle iron with ease. This looks like
something that could be built at home.
Vince

Keith Marshall

Yes Keith, thats the one. Thanks for pointing it out for me.

You're welcome. :-) If you're not planning to do anything very big Harbor
Freight sells a smaller one that works reasonably well for me.

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"The universe is full of magical things,
patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper."
-Eden Phillpotts, A Shadow Passes, 1934
"Vince D." wrote in message
om...

. ..

Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
Tool wanted to cut metal slot Jan UK diy 15 March 11th 04 08:49 PM