william_b_noble

Default way OT but not political - anyone need some 155MBPS ATM cards (no, not money cards)

I ran across a couple of boxes of new olicom rapidfire 6161 ATM cards, 155
mbps. I know some of you folks mess around with networks of various kinds -
these are $2 each in any resonable quantity.

--
Bill

to Email me, repair this address and use it:
william_ b_ noble at msn dot com

also check out http://www.wbnoble.com

Gunner

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:45:00 -0700, "william_b_noble"
wrote:

I ran across a couple of boxes of new olicom rapidfire 61ATM 61 cards, 155
mbps. I know some of you folks mess around with networks of various kinds -
these are $2 each in any resonable quantity.

What are they?

Gunner

"The Democratic Party is the party of this popular corruption.
The heart of the Democratic Party and its activist core is
made up of government unions, government dependent professions
(teachers, social workers, civil servants); special interest and
special benefits groups (abortion rights, is a good example) that
feed off the government trough; and ethnic constituencies,
African Americans being the most prominent, who are
disproportionately invested in government jobs and
in programs that government provides.

" The Democratic Party credo is 'Take as much of the people's money as politically feasible, and use that money to buy as many of the people's votes as possible'.
Tax cuts are a threat to this Democratic agenda.
Consequently, Democrats loathe and despise them."
-Semi-reformed Leftist David Horowitz
Ron DeBlock

wrote:

I ran across a couple of boxes of new olicom rapidfire 61ATM 61 cards, 155
mbps. I know some of you folks mess around with networks of various kinds -
these are $2 each in any resonable quantity.

What are they?

Gunner

They're network cards for Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM). Don't know
the specifics of those cards.

ATM is the protocol used in the core of many BIG networks: telephone
networks, the Internet backbone, WANs, MANs (metro area networks), some
really large LANs. ATM isn't used much outside of the telecom industry,
as it's not really suited for end-user networks. Normally, it's used
within the backbone to build networks of other, more familiar, protocols.

If you make a phone call, it's a safe bet that your voice travels
at least part of the way on an ATM network. The same is true of your
internet packets.

More info he http://www.atmforum.com

Don't confuse ATM (Automatic Teller Machine) with ATM (Asynchronous
Transfer Mode). They are not related. However, through a quirk of
acronym overload, a network of ATMs will likely make use of an ATM network.

-Ron