bill

Default sanity check on selling milling machine

I have a OKK MH4P Horizontal milling machine that I am going to sell. It has
a newall dp7 dro, a 20HP motor and weighs about 14,000 lbs. The table is
about 80 x 20 and will support about 3000 lbs.It has no tooling or overarm .
I am going to ask $2500.00 . Is that excessive or should I plan to strip
parts and sell rest for scrap steel ? It is in West Texas. Just wondering
what the collective thinks.

Bill

bigiron

While crazy things do happen, in my experience a machine of this size
and lack of practicality (not to mention lack of tooling) tend to go
for little or nothing.

good luck
Scott

rigger

Don't know the configuration of your mill but once bought a Cincinnati
about the same size, cheap, and made up a set of overarms and a top
clamp section. Worked great.
Dennis

bill

"rigger" wrote in message
oups.com...
Don't know the configuration of your mill but once bought a Cincinnati
about the same size, cheap, and made up a set of overarms and a top
clamp section. Worked great.
Dennis

Making an overarm for it wouldnt be that hard. I just dont have any way to
power the thing. Its actually a fairly nice piece of equipment. Mid 80's jap
manufacture. Its going into the thriftynickel next week for two weeks. If
it doesnt sell then Ill pull the DRO and other pieces and scrap it out. May
be I can get 5cents a pound.