Bill Becker

Default Cordless Drill Battery

Anyone know of a web site that will take and refurbish drill batteries? I
got a dewalt 14.4 that both batt's went bad, but the drill is like new.

Thanks All
Bill

Edwin Pawlowski

"Bill Becker" wrote in message
Anyone know of a web site that will take and refurbish drill batteries? I
got a dewalt 14.4 that both batt's went bad, but the drill is like new.

Thanks All
Bill

http://www.primecell.com/pctools.htm

I've not used them, but from what others have said, they come back equal or
better than the originals.

Rolling Thunder

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 03:38:27 GMT, "Bill Becker"
wrote:

Anyone know of a web site that will take and refurbish drill batteries? I
got a dewalt 14.4 that both batt's went bad, but the drill is like new.

Thanks All
Bill

Look for a Batteries Plus retail store. Here in Charlotte they have a
tech who replaces rechargeable batteries in packs; even batteries
in electric razors.

Thunder
Andy Hill

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Bill Becker" wrote in message
Anyone know of a web site that will take and refurbish drill batteries? I
got a dewalt 14.4 that both batt's went bad, but the drill is like new.

Thanks All
Bill

http://www.primecell.com/pctools.htm

I've not used them, but from what others have said, they come back equal or
better than the originals.

Although between the refurb costs and shipping, it's often cheaper to buy OEM
packs off of Fleabay. Ran into that with my ol' 9.6V Makita sticks.

m Ransley

The make of the cells is most important, Sanyo and Panasonic are tops.
There is alot of off brand crap out there that is a waste of money. Like
what came in my Ryobi-junk batteries

johnny

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote

http://www.primecell.com/pctools.htm

I've not used them, but from what others have said, they come back equal

or
better than the originals.

Their page was worth bookmarking. I never knew anyone did rebuilding of
smaller batteries. Thanks from this keyboard.

m Ransley

Rebuilding a pack is easy , the hard part is getting them open without
breaking it.

Jim Yanik

Andy Hill wrote in
:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Bill Becker" wrote in message
Anyone know of a web site that will take and refurbish drill
batteries? I got a dewalt 14.4 that both batt's went bad, but the
drill is like new.

Thanks All
Bill

http://www.primecell.com/pctools.htm

I've not used them, but from what others have said, they come back
equal or better than the originals.

Although between the refurb costs and shipping, it's often cheaper to
buy OEM packs off of Fleabay. Ran into that with my ol' 9.6V Makita
sticks.

Home Depot and my Harbor Freight local store both sell new Mak 9.6V sticks
for less than $30 last time I looked. You pay sales tax,but not
shipping,and don't have to worry if they will arrive or not.

Most larger cities have places that refurb battery packs,I believe.
Check the Yellow Pages.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Alan

wrote:

Anyone know of a web site that will take and refurbish drill batteries? I
got a dewalt 14.4 that both batt's went bad, but the drill is like new.

Thanks All
Bill

I went to the B&D factory outlet to get a 14.4 V battery. I asked
them for the cheapest tool they had with a 14.4 battery with it. It
cost half the price of a battery alone, so I took it. Although it is
a useless drill, the case is better than the one I had with my good
drill. So I ended up with a battery, a charger, a case and a drill
that I can throw away with no regrets.

I just strap a 12 volt car battery to my back and wire it to the drill.

Ashton Crusher

wrote:

Anyone know of a web site that will take and refurbish drill batteries? I
got a dewalt 14.4 that both batt's went bad, but the drill is like new.

You just described every cordless drill I"ve ever had.
Stormin Mormon

When I bought a couple Drill Master cordless drills from Harbor Freight, I
got the 12v drills, not the 14.4v drills. Cause someday the batteries would
be dead, and I could run them off a lighter cord.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"blueman" wrote in message
writes:
I just strap a 12 volt car battery to my back and wire it to the drill.

I usually wire in a 120-14v transformer, add a rectifier or two plus
a cord and wall plug. Then I plug it into the wall.

Great thing is that the charge lasts forever and the drill is now
almost as good as a corded one

m Ransley

A 14.4 might have been better then as alternators put out usualy 13.5 v
and lead acid batteries are not charged till 13.35-13.9 v

patrick mitchel

my 12 v drillmaster had 2 empty slots for additional cells in the battery
case- I now have a 14.4/12v drill- although it still about as good as my
ancient 9.6 makita...