fred

Default hardwood flooring glue

hey guys , starting to lay my 3/4 " birch floor tomorow and will be
doing the stairs early next week , i was thinking on gluing the treads
, so could someone recomend a good glue , that rona or home hardware
sells. also there will be two and a half boards wide to make up the
treads should i glue the tounge and groove on them as well or not.
thanks fred
Phisherman

I've used Elmer's Carpenters Glue for many years. Actually, most any
yellow carpenters glue should work well. Titebond is another popular
brand. Dries in an hour, cures overnight.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:17:39 -0500, fred
wrote:

hey guys , starting to lay my 3/4 " birch floor tomorow and will be
doing the stairs early next week , i was thinking on gluing the treads
, so could someone recomend a good glue , that rona or home hardware
sells. also there will be two and a half boards wide to make up the
treads should i glue the tounge and groove on them as well or not.
thanks fred

The Good Guy

fred wrote:
hey guys , starting to lay my 3/4 " birch floor tomorow and will be
doing the stairs early next week , i was thinking on gluing the treads
, so could someone recomend a good glue , that rona or home hardware
sells. also there will be two and a half boards wide to make up the
treads should i glue the tounge and groove on them as well or not.
thanks fred

Just curious, how do you solve the problem of different riser heights
for the bottom and top steps with the rest of the steps?

The maximum difference between all step heights is 3/8", you know.