katrina

Default Cost to replumb?

We just got a $3500 quote to replumb our 1927, pier and beam, 2
bedroom, 1 bath house in Dallas. Does that sound like a good price?

kATRINA

Andy Hill

"katrina" wrote:
We just got a $3500 quote to replumb our 1927, pier and beam, 2
bedroom, 1 bath house in Dallas. Does that sound like a good price?

What raw material? Copper (and what grade), PVC, PEX or soda straws? A bid
without a detailed breakdown of work to be done and materials to be used is just
asking for bad feelings down the road.

What were the other bids (from contractors with good reps, not
johnny-out-of-the-back-of-the-van) like?

Edwin Pawlowski

"katrina" wrote in message
oups.com...
We just got a $3500 quote to replumb our 1927, pier and beam, 2
bedroom, 1 bath house in Dallas. Does that sound like a good price?

kATRINA

Yes, houses after 1930 will run over $4000. Good you got an early model.

D. Gerasimatos

In article .com,
katrina wrote:

We just got a $3500 quote to replumb our 1927, pier and beam, 2
bedroom, 1 bath house in Dallas. Does that sound like a good price?

This is typical for Southern California. I just got 4 quotes for a similar
house and they were $2900-3600.

Dimitri

PJx

On 7 Mar 2005 09:43:58 -0800, "katrina"
wrote:

We just got a $3500 quote to replumb our 1927, pier and beam, 2
bedroom, 1 bath house in Dallas. Does that sound like a good price?

kATRINA

You can do it yourself for less than $500.

D. Gerasimatos

In article ,
PJx wrote:

You can do it yourself for less than $500.

Only if your time is worthless.

Dimitri

A point that more owners should take to heart.

TB

Ron

For a 2-story slab house in California : one bid came in at $6900, one at
$8200, and 2 at around $8900. One $8900 bid included type "L" copper pipe
made in the US and a 50 gal water heater.

Get at least 3 bids and get references and make sure they are licensed if
your state requires it. check them out with the Better Business Bureau.

Ron

Tekkie

katrina posted for all of us....

We just got a $3500 quote to replumb our 1927, pier and beam, 2
bedroom, 1 bath house in Dallas. Does that sound like a good price?

kATRINA

If you researched this on the MANY search engines available you would know
that NO ONE can compare prices over the Internet.

Our crystal balls are all broke because WE AREN'T THERE!

Do the research, then get the quotes. That is what you will pay.
--
Tekkie