Rod Dahl

Default Connecting bottom plate to concrete

I'm contemplating finishing the lower level of my bi-level. What's an
easy way to connect the bottom plate of a stud wall to the poured concrete
floor?
I know there are a lot of different methods. The contractor who built my
home just drills a 1/4" hole through the plate into the concrete and drives
2 8 penny nails into the same hole. Seems like an easy solution.....any
better ideas out there?

calhoun

easy way - Ram set powder actuated tool.
If you don't have access to a ram set than just use a hammer and masonry
nails.
A real good way are tapcon masonry screws. Drill and drive.

"Rod Dahl" wrote in message
I'm contemplating finishing the lower level of my bi-level. What's an
easy way to connect the bottom plate of a stud wall to the poured concrete
floor?
I know there are a lot of different methods. The contractor who built
my home just drills a 1/4" hole through the plate into the concrete and
drives 2 8 penny nails into the same hole. Seems like an easy
solution.....any better ideas out there?

Tony Hwang

Rod Dahl wrote:
I'm contemplating finishing the lower level of my bi-level. What's an
easy way to connect the bottom plate of a stud wall to the poured concrete
floor?
I know there are a lot of different methods. The contractor who built my
home just drills a 1/4" hole through the plate into the concrete and drives
2 8 penny nails into the same hole. Seems like an easy solution.....any
better ideas out there?

Hi,
Concrete nail or power ram set.(you can rent one)
Tony
Greg O

"Rod Dahl" wrote in message
I'm contemplating finishing the lower level of my bi-level. What's an
easy way to connect the bottom plate of a stud wall to the poured concrete
floor?
I know there are a lot of different methods. The contractor who built
my home just drills a 1/4" hole through the plate into the concrete and
drives 2 8 penny nails into the same hole. Seems like an easy
solution.....any better ideas out there?

Liquid nails and concrete nails, and a BFH to drive them in!
Greg

Harry Everhart

I'm contemplating finishing the lower level of my bi-level. What's an
easy way to connect the bottom plate of a stud wall to the poured concrete
floor?
I know there are a lot of different methods. The contractor who built
my home just drills a 1/4" hole through the plate into the concrete and
drives 2 8 penny nails into the same hole. Seems like an easy
solution.....any better ideas out there?

I bought one of those guns with special nails and little .22 bullets.
You put a nail in the gun - put a little brass shell in the chamber.
Press the gun against the 2x4 and WHAM - it drives the nail thru the 2x4
and into the concrete. Works first time every time.
Harry
BobK207

I'm contemplating finishing the lower level of my bi-level.
What's an
easy way to connect the bottom plate of a stud wall to the poured

concrete
floor?

Small capacity rotary hammer & Hilti Quik Bolts (or equal).
Just drill, blow, hammer & tighten; done.

Bob

gary

I use PL Premium and then a Hilty gun to drive some nails in there.

"Rod Dahl" wrote in message
I'm contemplating finishing the lower level of my bi-level. What's an
easy way to connect the bottom plate of a stud wall to the poured concrete
floor?
I know there are a lot of different methods. The contractor who built
my home just drills a 1/4" hole through the plate into the concrete and
drives 2 8 penny nails into the same hole. Seems like an easy
solution.....any better ideas out there?

Leaking bottom plate question DanG Home Repair 2 February 22nd 05 03:19 PM
Notching Bottom Of Front Door Weather Stripping ??? Michael Roback Home Ownership 1 February 1st 05 05:27 PM
acid stain concrete WHoME? Home Repair 8 August 5th 04 03:05 AM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Ownership 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
How to Stiffen Concrete While Keeping Long Work Time? Jay Chan Home Repair 6 July 11th 03 03:46 AM