ADC

Default Help getting fingernail polish off tile grout

My wife spilled a bottle of red nail polish on the bathroom floor. There is
a small section of grout that is blood red now. How can I get the polish
off without changingthe tile grout color, which is brown? TIA!

Clark Griswold

"ADC" wrote in message
My wife spilled a bottle of red nail polish on the bathroom floor. There
is a small section of grout that is blood red now. How can I get the
polish off without changingthe tile grout color, which is brown? TIA!

Get any kind of tool that will fit between the tiles and scrap it out. You
will remove grout in the process.

SQLit

"ADC" wrote in message
My wife spilled a bottle of red nail polish on the bathroom floor. There

is
a small section of grout that is blood red now. How can I get the polish
off without changingthe tile grout color, which is brown? TIA!

straight razor blade

take your time and dig out the polish.

manhattan42

ADC Wrote:
My wife spilled a bottle of red nail polish on the bathroom floor. There
is
a small section of grout that is blood red now. How can I get the
polish
off without changingthe tile grout color, which is brown? TIA!

Fingernail polish remover or straight acetone (the main ingredient in
polish remover) should work.

--
manhattan42
manhattan42's Profile: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=46

The Real Tom

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:56:16 -0600, manhattan42
wrote:

ADC Wrote:
My wife spilled a bottle of red nail polish on the bathroom floor. There
is
a small section of grout that is blood red now. How can I get the
polish
off without changingthe tile grout color, which is brown? TIA!

Fingernail polish remover or straight acetone (the main ingredient in
polish remover) should work.

I think this would work if the grout was already sealed, if not the
color would just bleed further in.

I guess worse thing is to take a grout saw and cut into the grout till
the nail polish is gone, and regrout ifyou had to go deep.

just a guess,

tom @ www.ChopURL.com

William W. Plummer

manhattan42 wrote:
ADC Wrote:

My wife spilled a bottle of red nail polish on the bathroom floor. There
is
a small section of grout that is blood red now. How can I get the
polish
off without changingthe tile grout color, which is brown? TIA!

Fingernail polish remover or straight acetone (the main ingredient in
polish remover) should work.

Acetone followed by use of a grout saw. HD sells saws for about $5 in
the tile aisle.

tile grout options pinya Home Repair 9 February 22nd 05 09:21 PM
Cleaning grout from tile surfaces John Rumm UK diy 5 January 20th 05 09:01 PM
Shower tile - verticle seams - caulk or grout? dango Home Repair 3 September 26th 04 11:07 PM
Bathroom TIle Grout - How to make color the same? Les Home Repair 2 August 11th 04 12:15 PM
Best grout / sealant for shower ceramic tile ? MAG Home Repair 5 June 19th 04 04:48 PM