Harry Everhart

Default HELP - King Dome Satellite Dish not working right

I have a 1995 Chevy Coachmen Class B with a King Dome Semi-automatic
Satellite Dome on it. It has been working well for the past year. You
simply park - with a view of the southern sky - using the remote control
- you set the elevation - and then press (left or right) and find the
satellite with the gauges on the screen. I am usually set up within two
minutes of parking. There have been times that I simply parked the
camper facing the right way and we got signal immediately.

On a trip to Tampa last week - we parked - I reached for the remote -
set the elevation (at least I heard the motor in the dome moving) and
then started turning left and right to point the dish toward the
satellite - no signals found. I then did a complete circle - no signals
found. I know the unit is working because the remote control lights up -
the numbers change - and I hear the two motors moving (up and down - and
- left and right).

When I got home - I took the Direct Tivo unit into the house and hooked
it up to the "house dish" and it worked fine - both feeds - did I say my
King Dome has two satellite feeds?

I have not done any other trouble shooting - I have not called King
Dome. Lucky me - the warranty ran out just two weeks ago.

If anyone on here has a dome and has had a similar problem - please help
me. If anyone has some trouble shooting steps to follow - please help me.

Here are givens -
1. The unit is getting power because the remote control lights up and
also you can here the motors turn - elevation and azimuth.
2. The Direct Tivo works fine when hooked to another dish.
3. I was in a wide open area with a clear view of the sky in all
directions. My compass said I was pointing in the right direction.
4. I double checked the settings for elevation and azimuth.
5. The two satellite cable feeds are fastened tightly to the right
inputs on the tuner.
6. You can watch previously recorded programs from the Tivo on the TV -
so the TV is hooked up correctly.

Thanks folks for your help.
Harry
m Ransley

Just because you hear the motors turn does not mean they are, have
someone look at the dish while you are trying to turn it.

Ross Mac

"Harry Everhart" wrote in message
[...]

You might get some good help at this NG sci.electronics.repair . The
consumer electronics guys hang out over there.....Ross

Charles Spitzer

[...]

you hear the motors working, but is the dish actually moving?