ESM

Default how do these replacement hvac prices sound?

I spoke to 2 local Trane dealers and the prices are similar. Here is a
breakdown from 1

Trane XR Series 12 Seer Heat pump system, 3 ton
Trane single speed air handler
New Top and insulation for air handler platform
New Line set
New digital thermostat
1 year labor warranty

$3398 installed. This is a "winter special", normally this would be $400
ish more.

For another $250 I can get a variable speed air handler, bumping the system
to 13 seer

For $298 they will install a Honeywell F200 air cleaner

Are these prices fair in general? I'm in FL. I have a few more dealers to
call.

Now, on top of the $3398, I need some electrical work the guy told me and it
looks like it equates to around $500. A fence was put between the breaker
that feeds the air compressor and he told me code requires you to visibly
see the power cutoff without obstruction, so I need a switch box wall
mounted next to the ocmpressor.

He also says since i have gas heat currently my system runs 110V and I need
to be upgraded to 220V.

Lastly, I got a quote for a full reduct, which was about $1600. This
includes 100% removal of existing ductwork and replacement with R6 level
hats, new aluminum based flexiduct. THe ductwork roughly roughly be 2 12"
runs from the air handler to 2 junction areas, one on each side of the
house. THen there would be 7-9" runs off those boxes to the rooms. One box
will have 4 runs, the other box 5. I know ductwork pricing is the hardest
to judge, but does $1600 sound adequate?

Tekkie

ESM posted for all of us....

[...]

Maybe, hard to see from my monitor. Fly me down and I'll look around and
pop a price.
--
Tekkie
ESM

C'mon now. Based on the equipment alone, which is standard Trane stuff.. I
can give you par tnumbers if you really want, I'm asking about the price.
Everyone has a pretty standard install cost here in FL assuming no major
stuff needs to be done, so anyone should be able to give be their basic
package price given the parts being used.

"Tekkie" wrote in message
t...
ESM posted for all of us....

[...]

I'm no expert, but most of the prices quoted look reasonable. The $500
for a disconnect switch sounds high. You do need it though, because of
the fence.